test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crafting & Leadership Missions

tomuk4444tomuk4444 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
OK, I noticed that the Leadership Mission rewards seem a bit off. I can make more from doing two 2 hour rank 4 missions than by doing one rank 6 mission that takes 4 hours to do, you get double the money, 4 times the crystals, the same amount of xp, double leadership xp, the only difference is you get a medium chest for the rank 6 (which to be honest doesn't have great content in), there's just really no point to that particular rank 6 mission.

Also on the crafting 'jobs' the amount of crafting xp you seems to be very minimal, it takes ages and you are always having to check when the job has finished or you can waste a lot of crafting time when you get involved in the PvE and forget about your crafting. OK the xp gets a bit better when you can make better items, but getting the materials can be another pain in the butt when you need to make something first before you make the said item or be extremely lucky and get the item/s from looted mobs.

Don't get me wrong, I like the overall crafting system, I just think it could do with a few tweaks and more crafting materials could be dropped by mobs.
Post edited by tomuk4444 on

Comments

• zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Having play with similar games elsewhere, the purpose of less efficient missions is downtime.

If you have access for a full 8 hours, it's more rewarding to go with faster missions (generally). But if you are going to be asleep or at work for 8 hours... you get MORE reward from that one long-running mission.

That's the point.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • tomuk4444tomuk4444 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I do that for the 8 hour missions, my point is that the rk4 2 hour mission gives basically the same reward as the rk6 4 hour one, so for the sake of the Crystals if I was to be away from my computer for 4 hours I would still do the rk4 mission rather then the rk6 mission.
  • muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The contents of the chest are actually more valuable than the rough AD in the long run for the crafting mats, and rune/enchants. The uncommon from those chests are often the harder to find one's in my experience. Of course I could just be (un)lucky when they are concerned.
  • thedrakkosthedrakkos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 228 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I find it incredibly obnoxious that there's no queue; my workers will stand around doing nothing until i personally chivvy them back to work, and I can't fire them.

Of course, they stick around when I kill everyone that doesn't meet the requirements for promotion, so I can't really claim they make any sense.
    Looking for a mature guild to play with?

www.guildmedieval.com

Courtesy, Integrity, Fair Play.