test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Where is my pirate hat?

kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hello!

I've been waiting for over two weeks for my pirate hat. I've sent a ticket to support, received a canned response about founders pack items (which it isn't, it was a reward for participating in the BWE3 stress tests, which I did.)

I've since replied to the canned response, saying that it did not resolve my issue, and that the Hat was not in my mail, nor is it with the quartermaster dude next to sergeant Knox, as was suggested to me by another forum post.

You might see this as trivial, but I do not. If you look through my post history, even though I am somewhat trolly in the general discussion forums, I have been defending and "white-knighting" Cryptic and PWE since day one. But all of that doesn't even matter, because I was promised a pirate hat for helping you stress test the servers, and I want my pirate hat.

Do what is right.

You know how to reach me, please resolve this.
Post edited by kimmurieloblodra on

Comments

• Options
    kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is what I received from PWE customer service.

"Hello

Thank you for taking the time to contact support.

In order to claim your items in game, please make sure that you do the following:

1) Complete the first part of the tutorial to reach Protector's Enclave.
    2) Speak to Sergeant Knox when you arrive in Protector's Enclave.
    3) Take and Complete the quest Rags to Riches.
    4) Locate the Postal Courier after completing the Rags to Riches quest to claim your Founder's Pack items.

After that, you should have all your items!

You may also visit the Founders Merchant on the opposite side of the Hall of justice from Sergeant Knox. He is located in a small booth near Sergeant Quinn.

Please note that certain items such as the Adventurer's Helper kit, Starter kit Bag of Holding, and Astral Diamonds are claimable once per character and cannot be transferred after they have been claimed.

Additionally, we cannot transfer characters between shards.

We appreciate your patience and we hope to see you in game soon!"
  • Options
    jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've gotten the same mail. Still waiting on an update correspondence from cryptic about it.
    Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Has anyone gotten a pirate hat yet? We have three of us who all played during the event and not one pirate hat. We know how to claim items. The hats are just not there.
  • Options
    shiroiojikashiroiojika Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah I saw someone with one on.
    Druid.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    allaerra wrote: »
    Has anyone gotten a pirate hat yet? We have three of us who all played during the event and not one pirate hat. We know how to claim items. The hats are just not there.

I was watching Archon's stream during the headstart, and he had one.
  • Options
    karischkarisch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You may also visit the Founders Merchant on the opposite side of the Hall of justice from Sergeant Knox. He is located in a small booth near Sergeant Quinn.

This is where i got a pirate hat from, he had that as well as the box of goodies from the Logitech facebook giveaway and my horse from PCGamer, I highly recommend folks go visit him. Go to Knox, turn around thru the tunnel, past the guy that gives you the fashion clothes, you can miss him he has coins on his head :D
    Sarcastic Malevolence
    Recruitment is CLOSED!!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    karisch wrote: »
    This is where i got a pirate hat from, he had that as well as the box of goodies from the Logitech facebook giveaway and my horse from PCGamer, I highly recommend folks go visit him. Go to Knox, turn around thru the tunnel, past the guy that gives you the fashion clothes, you can miss him he has coins on his head :D

Eevn though I'm at work, gonna check this now and post my findings. Thought I had talked to this bro before
  • Options
    ladonna2013ladonna2013 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 52
    edited May 2013

indeed this is where it is but not all of us can claim it even though we were part of the stress test weekend. i opened a ticket 5/1/13 and have not even received an automated "canned" response. *sad face*
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Do I ever feel dumb........... Founders Agent is his name. I did talk to him before, but here's the kicker :

He has two tabs, and one is named 'Promo'. It was in there. It's like the professions vendor and the tab where you get the tools from... It's just not intuitive, but it's there.

Sorry for jumping the gun. Loving my new hat!

Arrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!! Walk the Gangplank!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    indeed this is where it is but not all of us can claim it even though we were part of the stress test weekend. i opened a ticket 5/1/13 and have not even received an automated "canned" response. *sad face*

you needed to log in at a specific hour that weekend, something like 3 PM EST on the Sunday, if memory serves
  • Options
    jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Founders Agent has the item but it's RED for me. however I havent attempted to claim it...
    Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/
  • Options
    ladonna2013ladonna2013 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 52
    edited May 2013
    you needed to log in at a specific hour that weekend, something like 3 PM EST on the Sunday, if memory serves

did that. with my boyfriend. no hat for either of us. same for both my hero accounts and his guardian account. made sure to sign in during that time frame just for the hats but guess we weren't cool enough. lol. not a biggie. would like the hat but will live without it. just wish they would respond to my 7 day old ticket.

edit to note that you are correct. there was a specific window. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jetah wrote: »
    The Founders Agent has the item but it's RED for me. however I havent attempted to claim it...

Got mine, hope you guys get it resolved and get yours! :)
  • Options
    nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i thought the guys got their hats right their at that specific time? either way you can get a pirate hat from the first pirate dungeon which is at the earlier lvls...the auction house is also flodded with the item so you can get it for very cheap (like 100 ad)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    i thought the guys got their hats right their at that specific time? either way you can get a pirate hat from the first pirate dungeon which is at the earlier lvls...the auction house is also flodded with the item so you can get it for very cheap (like 100 ad)

Does it have a skull and crossbones on it? MINE does.