test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Zen items

kittykaswickkittykaswick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Anyone notice the new items added to the zen store. The new ion stone and mounts. Just wish they would put more or atleast tell us what they are going to put in and when :)
Post edited by kittykaswick on

Comments

• Options
    stereoblindxstereoblindx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You mean the $30 bear and then the same bear but with "armor" on for $40?
  • Options
    kittykaswickkittykaswick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dont forget the new ion stone also :)
  • Options
    gishankgishank Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is a bear mount, a bear compainion and the ion stone (not sure if this is some mystical companion). I only glanced at them briefly. They did announce the addition of these new items on the Facebook feed.

EDIT;
    There also appears to be a news post on the main page of the website/on the launcher too now. :)
    69ngc6.png
  • Options
    xarra1972xarra1972 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am really dying to find out about the companion scrolls to get them above level 15.
  • Options
    karzak851karzak851 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xarra1972 wrote: »
    I am really dying to find out about the companion scrolls to get them above level 15.

training scroll 2 = $20
    training scroll 3 = $40

Pay up
  • Options
    acylionacylion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 93
    edited May 2013
    karzak851 wrote: »
    training scroll 2 = $20
    training scroll 3 = $40

Pay up

Very funny. You may be right, I admit. I hope you're guessing wrong, but you may be right.

I hope they're available for Astral Diamonds at least.
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    acylion wrote: »
    Very funny. You may be right, I admit. I hope you're guessing wrong, but you may be right.

They are already in the companion store for AD, just not available.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    riven84riven84 Member, Banned Users Posts: 574 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    acylion wrote: »

Everything that's available for Zen is available for AD, bro.
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The companion scrolls will probably cost the same as mount upgrade scrolls, for AD.
  • Options
    acylionacylion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 93
    edited May 2013
    riven84 wrote: »

You know what I mean.
  • Options
    delekii1delekii1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's like saying you can buy a lamborghini by collecting recyclable bottles for 5c a pop. Technically, sure, but you'd better call your chiropractor afterward because you aint gonna have no back left.

With the rates of AD:Zen, the ability to trade one for the other is lip-service, nothing more. It is not feasible to do anything worthwhile that costs zen by trading AD for it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    delekii1 wrote: »
    That's like saying you can buy a lamborghini by collecting recyclable bottles for 5c a pop. Technically, sure, but you'd better call your chiropractor afterward because you aint gonna have no back left.

With the rates of AD:Zen, the ability to trade one for the other is lip-service, nothing more. It is not feasible to do anything worthwhile that costs zen by trading AD for it.

Cool story bro, you're the first person to mention that! You should make a new thread about it ;)
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tfangel wrote: »
    The companion scrolls will probably cost the same as mount upgrade scrolls, for AD.

I would think they'd be less, because 1. you'll have more companions than mounts, and 2. unlike the mount upgrades, improving your companions is kind of required. But we'll see.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

If you say so ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Cool story bro, you're the first person to mention that! You should make a new thread about it ;)

Blame the guy who yet again used "everything is available for AD, bro" argument again.

Oh wait.

That was you.

Putz.
  • Options
    john242424john242424 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So as a Cleric do I get the Honey badger or that tank rock looking companion?
    Frosted Lucky Charms are Magically Delicious!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Blame the guy who yet again used "everything is available for AD, bro" argument again.

Oh wait.

That was you.

Putz.

Maybe if people would stop pretending it's not the case, I wouldn't have to correct them?

Putz? Well enjoy your report :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Maybe if people would stop pretending it's not the case, I wouldn't have to correct them?

Putz? Well enjoy your report :)

It's not the case, beyond lipservice.

Oh no, I called you a putz. Call the police.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It's not the case, beyond lipservice.

Oh no, I called you a putz. Call the police.

It is the case, it's just that you're either lazy or don't know there's an AH to make AD as well.

You're welcome.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It is the case, it's just that you're either lazy or don't know there's an AH to make AD as well.

You're welcome.
    The AH does not create AD, it just circulates it. Furthermore, thanks to the 10%(!) AH fee, it actually removes AD from circulation. If and when everyone who wants zen converts AD to zen.. well, need I go on? At current prices, for the CHEAPEST zen listing on the market, it costs 426,000 AD for a single bag for a single character. Of course, in every MMO the standard currency (AD, in this case) inflates. As the demand for zen goes up, and the relative value of AD goes down (since zen is sold at a set dollar value), the conversion rate goes up compared with potential injection of AD into the market, making it even harder to acquire zen without playing the AH, in turn forcing more people to the AH for AD>Zen conversion farming.

I just had a look at your post history, and it's fairly clear you are a troll, so I won't be replying to you again.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The AH does not create AD, it just circulates it. Furthermore, thanks to the 10%(!) AH fee, it actually removes AD from circulation. If and when everyone who wants zen converts AD to zen.. well, need I go on? At current prices, for the CHEAPEST zen listing on the market, it costs 426,000 AD for a single bag for a single character. Of course, in every MMO the standard currency (AD, in this case) inflates. As the demand for zen goes up, and the relative value of AD goes down (since zen is sold at a set dollar value), the conversion rate goes up compared with potential injection of AD into the market, making it even harder to acquire zen without playing the AH, in turn forcing more people to the AH for AD>Zen conversion farming.

I just had a look at your post history, and it's fairly clear you are a troll, so I won't be replying to you again.

Oh right, so because the AH doesn't create AD, you can't make AD off of it. Right. Your logic is astounding. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Oh right, so because the AH doesn't create AD, you can't make AD off of it. Right. Your logic is astounding. :)
    Ok, so I said I won't reply, but it's important that people realise what you are saying is absolute bull****.

In non-cash-shop games, where player-driven markets of in-game currency reside on the AH, you can make money off the AH in a long term, continual cycle. Money gets circulated from player to play, the AH typically removes some percentage of cash flow from the game which is replaced by whatever cash players get from drops/quests/etc. Usually some inflation occurs as a result of an unequal removal/injection zero-sum, but that is somewhat inevitable and usually easily controlled.

However, when that currency is directly convertible to real-world currency which is then taken out in totality when a zen purchase is made, this leads to a very large deficiency in PRODUCTION of game currency. Assuming you were correct, and people en masse actually decided to "make money on the AH" to convert to zen to buy things, the relative value of AD and the conversion of AD > Zen would become completely untenable.

So yes, you can in short term, individually "make AD" from the AH. But, since that wasn't the discussion at hand, it's also completely irrelevant to what was being discussed. We can't, as a community, sustain zen production using the AH as a source, because AD injection is limited while Zen removal is not.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Ok, so I said I won't reply, but it's important that people realise what you are saying is absolute bull****.

In non-cash-shop games, where player-driven markets of in-game currency reside on the AH, you can make money off the AH in a long term, continual cycle. Money gets circulated from player to play, the AH typically removes some percentage of cash flow from the game which is replaced by whatever cash players get from drops/quests/etc. Usually some inflation occurs as a result of an unequal removal/injection zero-sum, but that is somewhat inevitable and usually easily controlled.

However, when that currency is directly convertible to real-world currency which is then taken out in totality when a zen purchase is made, this leads to a very large deficiency in PRODUCTION of game currency. Assuming you were correct, and people en masse actually decided to "make money on the AH" to convert to zen to buy things, the relative value of AD and the conversion of AD > Zen would become completely untenable.

So yes, you can in short term, individually "make AD" from the AH. But, since that wasn't the discussion at hand, it's also completely irrelevant to what was being discussed. We can't, as a community, sustain zen production using the AH as a source, because AD injection is limited while Zen removal is not.

*smirk* :)
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tfangel wrote: »

Doubtful, mounts don't have advantages in combat and the ability to get about quicker is just a nice to have, Companions on the other hand give an advantage in battle and should be a lot less.

Nice to have and cosmetic usually costs a lot more than almost necessary.
  • Options
    cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    karzak851 wrote: »
    training scroll 2 = $20
    training scroll 3 = $40

Pay up

It is probably save to assume it will be the same as the mount upgrade books
    training scroll 2 - green = 1,000,000 AD
    training scroll 3 - blue = 2,000,000 AD

Fully upgraded blue pet will cost you 3,000,000 AD most likely
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone notice the new items added to the zen store. The new ion stone and mounts. Just wish they would put more or atleast tell us what they are going to put in and when :)

Saw those, but I noticed the spider companion wasn't added. It is mentioned (even with a picture) on the front page shop add, but isn't actually in there to buy.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR