test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Spend 20 Points for Rank 3 unlocks Tool Tip

mgs1legacymgs1legacy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
I strongly believe this Tool Tip should not exist. I have found it to be misleading in my experience =/..
1st time I spent 20 points and unlocked the *Skills* at 20 Points Spent section, I noticed the unique skill thing that says 'Unlock Rank 3 In All Previous Skills!' which I thought was a skill u unlocked once u get all previous skills to rank 3. but I was wrong, didn't read it the right way and I didn't really notice that u could click on it for more info.

Also, every single skill says 'Rank 3 (Spend 20 Points to Unlock)' which is perfectly Clear. so I don't see the point in that piece of info being located in the 20 points skill section =/ it has a chance of misleading people, which means it should be removed =/
Post edited by mgs1legacy on

Comments

• jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree. must have been some miscommunication again inside cryptic.

why advertise it's at 30 points when you can unlock it at 20.
    Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/
  • molldybuttmolldybutt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Or option B: Update every tool tip to be more descriptive. This is a good example why we need better tool tips. It also would be awesome if we knew more information on buffs and rebuffs like how long does a Cleric's Astral Seal last? How much healing does Healing Word in divine mode do? Maybe I'm just picky but I hate when I don't know my skills fully or when I'm playing a new class and get left in the dark.

Not just powers too. There are some Feats that are very vague like one of the Cleric's ending Freats is you have a chance to heal yourself when hit. How much of a heal are we talking? If I only get healed like 200 HP when I have 15k+ not to interested in that.

Unless there is something I'm missing Please feel free to correct me.

TL;DR
    We want to know EVERY detail on skills/Feats
    Cleric.jpg
    Healer for life. Except not that ugly.
  • gyloirgyloir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This tool tip messed me up as well.

I was thinking the same thing, that you had to hit rank 3 on ALL your previous skills. so I was spneding points on them without realizing it til I just "clicked" on one and it worked, and then kicked myself for wasting those point sin skills I wasn't even using.

They really need to change that tool tip because of what it says and hwo it will lead to people doing like we did.
  • sagasaintsagasaint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shield for CWs...absolutly no idea how much it mitigates, at what amount of damage it depletes, and how it scales with gear

Im pretty sure this is intentional, so people makes tons f mistakes in their builds and are forced to buy respecs
  • mythrildragonmythrildragon Member Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    respec pliz!
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gyloir wrote: »
    This tool tip messed me up as well.

I was thinking the same thing, that you had to hit rank 3 on ALL your previous skills. so I was spneding points on them without realizing it til I just "clicked" on one and it worked, and then kicked myself for wasting those point sin skills I wasn't even using.

They really need to change that tool tip because of what it says and hwo it will lead to people doing like we did.

I did the same, thought there was a "thing" that unlocked like clerics, where you can switch. If there is a note, there shouldn't be a thing that looks like a power or skill.
  • chronin78chronin78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree. I have been trying to figure out what I get once I unlock this. Glad I didn't waste too many points unlocking all the useless skills to rank 3 to discover that nothing new opened up.
  • dimtuldimtul Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is exactly what effing happened to me. It looks like an unlockable skill and I just wasted about 12 points upgrading skills I wouldnt have upgraded. Having that stupid icon there is misleading and makes it look like something is going to open up.
  • dawbradawbra Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    But at this time on lvl 60 i can have all skils on lvl 3 or its limited?
  • joukuoj32joukuoj32 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sorry, but whats misleading about it?
    You start game and found that Powers are unlocked by spending points and you cant upgrade to rank 3 so you check Powers tree:

Available at 20 points

Unlock rank 3 of all previous powers

(so when i spend 20 points i unlock/can upgrade all previous powers to rank 3)
    (english is my third language so not so good, but not bad too-dont have problems with reading or talking)
  • joukuoj32joukuoj32 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • theaszuretheaszure Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol most people just dont understand english... READ PEOPLE READ
    [XBOX] - Malvious - Oathbound Paladin
  • insubstantialinsubstantial Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    I am exactly at that point now.. from what I can tell it says that that "combat Challenge" opens up and gives you some new ability similar to the one that opened at lvl 10.. and the way that it opens is you have to have all 3 ranks in all of the prior skills.....so its one option to unlock this skill, as compared to another option which might be to focus on upgrading and unlocking the new skills that your getting... Forgive me I read the entire thread, I'm still unclear... so what exactly happens when you unlock all 3 ranks on all the prior skills and that one opens up?
  • quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm still unclear... so what exactly happens when you unlock all 3 ranks on all the prior skills and that one opens up?

Absolutely nothing. You do not get anything extra for buying all 3 ranks on all the prior skills.

That's not what it says. It says that once you reach 20 points, you unlock (i.e., make available) the third rank of all powers, so that you may spend points to buy the third rank in your powers if you so choose. Until reaching 20 points, you can only buy the first two ranks of powers.

Overall, I don't really see why it's so confusing, but I'd rather they just take out that mechanic entirely. Just serves to eliminate almost all choice in spending those first 20 points.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dawbra wrote: »
    But at this time on lvl 60 i can have all skils on lvl 3 or its limited?

Sadly no - you can have your 8 most common skills at rank 3 and (almost?) all of the others at rank 2 though.