test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Auction House? How does it work?

damnkilljoydamnkilljoy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 21 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Please excuse my post if it is in the wrong place, but this is driving me a bit batty.
I've tried multiple times now to find new equip for my character, however I can't seem to figure out how to filter things in the AH.

I filter to show rare items that my TR can wear, between level 38-42. However, I still have to sift through a bunch of lvl 16 and 26 items? It's like it doesn't fully accept my filter, just the rarity, and class one, but not the level one. How can I get the level filter to work? I can't find stuff like this
Post edited by damnkilljoy on

Comments

• Options
    damnkilljoydamnkilljoy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nobody knows?
  • Options
    cett2cett2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    very badly. needs work as right now its a nightmare
  • Options
    insubstantialinsubstantial Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    I tried to get it to work as well, I think I had the same problem. I was also wondering how to post something but since then I'm assuming maybe you right click on it in your inventory.. as I didn't see any 'post item' button in the AH interface.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Ah, I thought it was me who was too stupid to use it properly irregardless of the fact that this is far from my first mmorpg.
  • Options
    cortatrekcortatrek Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Filtering at the AH doesn't work for me either, making it a really frustrating experience, leading me to ignore it completely at the moment.
  • Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's not really intuitive, but it is working.

Your best chance is when you select a category, "equipment" for instance, then check the box "usable by me".
    Then hit "search".

If there is any equipment for sale, you will see them all. If you see too many, either choose a subcategory, or change the type from 'all' to say, "rare", and search again.

When you want to sell something go to the tab "my consignments", there you will find an area where you can drop the item you want to auction. Set price and expiry date and you're done.

Hope it helps.
  • Options
    leheupleheup Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for this post, this has been baffeling me for about 2 days now ^^
  • Options
    leheupleheup Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmmmm Im a Hero of the North and logged in.....why can my avatar show oO?
  • Options
    cortatrekcortatrek Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was looking for a Talisman for my companion, so in that case I used keyword Talisman, rarity Green, and level bracket 32-36.

I only did see green talismans, which is good, but it showed all levels and I could not list them by price. So I still had to check every one of the 400+ listed items to find a good offer, at which point I gave up :(

Anything else I could try to make it work?
  • Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's fidgety. I found it either shows no items, or all items without a filter, when your search doesn't get a result. Or some identical items but with similar names didn't show up when I checked the 'usable by me', but did when I filtered for my class.

I read on the forum sorting hasn't been sorted out properly (couldn't resist the pun, sorry), but as a tip, if you know the name, just search for that. If you are looking for specific stats, there's a filter for that too.
    For the prices... hrmm.... yeah, I realised there can be a cheaper version a few clicks away... after I made the purchase.

Just play with the filters, and if it doesn't show, assume it's not there.

Y's 2 cents.
  • Options
    kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think even the devs would have a hard time answering the question in your title.
  • Options
    solresolsolresol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I tried to go shopping for my other toon so I could then email the item too him. Was a Nightmare without being able to sort filter stuff for a class you are not
  • Options
    baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sry to jump on your post an all but i might as well seeing ive got a Auction house question:)

Is there a Market/Auction house that deals with gold rather than diamonds?
    Im not talking about the normal stores or anything, i know they exist, just that in STO the player auction/market dealt with creds as well as dilithium/diamonds so was wondering if ive just missed it?
  • Options
    relativityrelativity Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Something of simmilar sort. I tried to bid for an item. After some time I was outbid and couldn't bid further. The only option was buy now. So is there a time after which you can't bid further?
    Bids he then the spruces to singer him an anthems!
    thief-glyphs.gif?w=32
    And the Woodsie Lord binders them fleshes to stone!
  • Options
    kimberixkimberix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Auction House is poor.

It's a simple query / database system that almost every MMORPG has gotten right for years...

A bit like the LFG queueing system...
  • Options
    sejo77sejo77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guys/girls as far as i experienced the answer is simple the filters are not working at the moment or at least not all of them.
    My guess is because it is still BETA and we have to wait 'till the final product comes out.As for now we have to accept things as it is now.
  • Options
    arrowmaticarrowmatic Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In a word, poorly.
  • Options
    thekaras1982thekaras1982 Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    I find the filter system works, assuming you are looking for just purple con items. >.>;;
    Sry to jump on your post an all but i might as well seeing ive got a Auction house question:)

Is there a Market/Auction house that deals with gold rather than diamonds?
    Im not talking about the normal stores or anything, i know they exist, just that in STO the player auction/market dealt with creds as well as dilithium/diamonds so was wondering if ive just missed it?

Nope, just AD.
    Yes, I play a Great Weapon Fighter, and I tend to keep it that way ... till the Ranger or Monk comes in. :)
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I could get the level and rarity part of the filter to work as long as I didn't pick a specific category. For example I could search for purple level 60 equipment. And it would work. But If I searched for purple/60 'head-slot' gear, then the level part would break and I would start seeing low level junk too.

You can mess around with it and try to get something that can kinda sorta work. But it really is just broke.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR