test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CW nerf pls return

shark666777shark666777 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Sorry my eanglish
Gentlemen, you have made us less hardy, so return our DPS.
Daily skill before nerf dial 11k damage with critical now 3k-5k
Skills Storm spell, ray of enfeeblement dosn't working properly

with respect CW.
Post edited by shark666777 on

Comments

• urdefmadurdefmad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    lol they really nerfed CW? if so, LOL good, they were the most OP class, more OP than rogue
  • shark666777shark666777 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    TR now OP 16k crit with GF is fail, but the topic is not about that
  • dcoy1dcoy1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What happened did rogues complain another class was almost as good as they were? Might as well change the name of this game to World of Rogues.
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't see a problem with a class that can lock you away from fight all the time to not have huge dps on top of it.
    You either CC or DPS, unless you are rogue, they do both.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    lerdocix wrote: »
    I don't see a problem with a class that can lock you away from fight all the time to not have huge dps on top of it.

CC lasts a very short time in PvP and ... I don't know how to put this differently, so I will say it without sugar coating ... if you are CC'ed "all the time", it may be beneficial to take a look at your class' abilities and use the ones that provide immunity or that lock down the Control Wizard. Or, you know, use them at the appropriate times. Learn more about CWs to understand their casting pattern and cooldowns.

CW damage in PvP is very low compared to various other classes. Outside of the dailies, it's all AoE, which in PvP isn't really useful. CWs have low single target damage.

I understand that any form of CC frustrates people because it makes you feel helpless, but this is to a large degree a learn-to-play issue. I'll say that the difference between, say, a skilled GWF and the average GWF is extremely large and you can tell this within seconds in PvP. It's less noticeable with clerics, I find. With rogues too (most seem inflexible one trick ponies, good ones dominate), and a GF should never get killed by a CW. This is all level 60, things at lower levels are different.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited May 2013
    Did they really? Funny how it not in patch notes. The only thing in patch notes is they stopped power combos crashing the client so I guess OP is moaning about not being able to DC the other team in PvP anymore.

Ethier that or OP moaning about that bug fix power change that happened ages ago.
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I haven't tested it, but i haven't noticed a big difference since the patch. Totally anecdotal though, anyone know for sure?
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I haven't noticed a damage decrease. It's as low in PvP as before, and in PvE as high as usual. :p I keep track of my dungeon statistics to get some averages, and there's not been a change that I noticed.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • papi032papi032 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lerdocix wrote: »
    You either CC or DPS, unless you are rogue, they do both.

What cc are we talking about here? The smoke bomb that lasts 3 seconds and can be walked out of/dodged in a heartbeat. You see the animation when he rises his hand in the air, hell he even yells HAAA before throwing it down. Dodge at that moment, gg. Dazing strike? Also makes a loud sound, 3secs cast, 1.5 from stealth. If you can't dodge that then i don't know man, stop pvp-ing. If you complain about TR damage, it is the only pure damage class, what do you want? Clerics have imba survivability and not sure on this haven't fully tested, but the circle on the ground spell stacks with other clerics so yea, unkillable in it. CW has absurd range on his at-wills, 3 dodges and enough utility. GF can keep you in front of him always just by rotating.

The main issue is that people don't understand this isn't your classic pvp where everyone should solo vs everyone. It's a team play and you have your own role. If you expect the possibility to solo every class just coz you're the better player, well you won't. Not even gonna start on how debilitating it is not being able to move and hit which is the most important for TR, others can just stand and wave their stuff.
  • cetra07cetra07 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sorry my eanglish
    Gentlemen, you have made us less hardy, so return our DPS.
    Daily skill before nerf dial 11k damage with critical now 3k-5k
    Skills Storm spell, ray of enfeeblement dosn't working properly

with respect CW.

still kicking *** in pvp. lvl60 cw. i dont know what happen with yrs.
  • kaasdoekkaasdoek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i had a 9.3k crit with Ice Knife at lvl 49. pvp that is.