What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cleric - Cleanse

tsatixtsatix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Tier 4
Cleanse 3
When you Heal an ally you have a 10/20/30% chance to remove a negative effect from an ally.

Way way way to strong, all it takes is a single Astral Seal (Small heal on target damage) to completely negate DoTs and debuffs. This feat is way over the top and with it you just see cleanse rolling across your screen constantly. I would never want to be a warlock in this sort of enviroment and trying to be a DoT/debuff cleric is a pain in the ***. I have the feat myself and a majority of the time if I'm not making an effort to heal someone I still see cleanse spam.
Post edited by tsatix on

Comments

• Options
    cyandk18cyandk18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree. Cleanse needs to be changed some how to make healing more active
  • Options
    theisingguytheisingguy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 78
    edited May 2013
    Sorry I dont get your point, isnt it a good thing that its strong?
  • Options
    purutzilpurutzil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If we are talking about pvp... god you NEED this against CW. So many ways to disable in pvp that its quite ridiculous.
    GWF level 60 (Beholder) - The pains of leveling!
    Cleric level 5X (Dragon) - Holy goblin so much easier!
  • Options
    vikinggamervikinggamer Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It does proc often but there is also your only way to cleanse (that I know of so far) and you usually have to sacrifice points in Bountiful Fortune which gives divinity gain.

All die, so die well.
  • Options
    shammillshammill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    Yes its very powerfull, but i think its ment to be like this. Ive not done or Seen many debufff, but im pretty sure some of the late-end game DoT or Debuff are pretty nasty and if you let them thick for too long, its dangerous.

You always need to keep in mind that Cleric dont have good targeted Heal, all our heal are AoE so if someone drop very low its hard for us to heal them back quick.
  • Options
    liadanamaethalliadanamaethal Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    cyandk18 wrote: »
    I agree. Cleanse needs to be changed some how to make healing more active

How exactly do you propose to do this? Trying to direct target to heal a player is a complete pain. Can you imagine having to single-target dispel? Really? >.<
  • Options
    cyandk18cyandk18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How exactly do you propose to do this? Trying to direct target to heal a player is a complete pain. Can you imagine having to single-target dispel? Really? >.<

an active AOE cleanse DAILY would be much better. It would actually make cleric more of a challenge and not just divine AS/FF and HG spam.
  • Options
    dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    an active AOE cleanse DAILY would be much better. It would actually make cleric more of a challenge and not just divine AS/FF and HG spam.

you're daft. there are too many encounter abilities that apply status effects across all of the classes. and don't get me started on the harder epic dungeons.
  • Options
    maxpoweryomaxpoweryo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    CW and TR destroying everything in pvp? Lets nerf Clerics.

That guy suggesting a DAILY cleanse is a genious LOL.
  • Options
    alandoril1alandoril1 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What's that? Dps players complaining someone can actually do something to counter them? Well, I never thought I'd see the day. Usually dps players are so quiet and unassuming and never moan about healers not just standing there and being free kills...

A daily cleanse would be asburd. Having a targeted cleanse would be equally ridiculous.
  • Options
    liadanamaethalliadanamaethal Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013

As other posters have pointed out, there are far too many status effect debuffs going out in instances to make this idea viable.
  • Options
    jackmeister6969jackmeister6969 Member Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    An active daily cleanse? ROFL! Whats next? A Daily POT or a Daily respawn? Holy cow! Now I've heard everything. ;)
  • Options
    zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I see cleanse fly across the screen a lot, but whenever I stack dots I never see them go off of the target until they expire naturally.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    iamchin91iamchin91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tsatix wrote: »
    I have the feat myself and a majority of the time if I'm not making an effort to heal someone I still see cleanse spam.

Then why in the first place did you pick Cleanse? when there are others to choose from as well.
  • Options
    yultyult Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Cleanse can, and will, never be decoupled from regular heals because there are so few abilities we can use at once. Cleanse specific spells are a relic of days when people had 20 different abilities to use in combat.
  • Options
    ashikuroashikuro Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If heals actually healed for anything it could be over powered, but heals at so gimp and there is just no way to out heal any classes damage output. The cleanse + absorbs are what start to balance things. They could buff cleric heals and then add a cool down to cleanse maybe.
  • Options
    deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If cleanse was a daily I'd never use it over Hallowed Ground anyway, and yes please, buff cleric heals :)
  • Options
    lerapisolerapiso Member Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    Is cleanse useless for pve ? I didn't take this feat.
    I'm 8/18 with my group and I never felt like cleanse was necessary.
  • Options
    gudwillgudwill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The day this game is balanced around PvP is the day this game is destroyed.
  • Options
    kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As a DC I have no problem with it. However we may seem problems when/if we start seeing DOT Warlock type classes show up. If anything needed to be change then maybe add a small 5sec internal timer for cleanse to recast/go in effect.

PS Devs: we DC sure wouldn't complain if you guys took a look at aggro or upping the healing alittle Im sure hehe.
  • Options
    tsatixtsatix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    alandoril1 wrote: »
    What's that? Dps players complaining someone can actually do something to counter them?
    I don't get it, are you trying to say a DPS cleric is OP and needs a counter... I'm sure you're well aware that this "counter" takes no effort which is probably why you are defending it. I think a daily cleanse is a good idea, in the event that it cleanses every status effect all at once.
    iamchin91 wrote: »
    Then why in the first place did you pick Cleanse? when there are others to choose from as well.

What? I think you just barely missed an attempt at saying something coherent, feel free to try again.

For everyone saying it saves you from control wizard CC, that's pretty much only the case where it is justified. Their CC needs a retouch in PVP that doesn't revolve around just clerics. The Cleanse still happens to often since my respec I've put one point in it and that feels a bit more balanced, 3 points should be around 15% chance instead.