test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Auto Target WTF

psychotiksoulpsychotiksoul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
for the love of all things Ranged please remove the stupid F**King auto targeting that is in this game..When you are trying to kill adds and all of your attacks randomly fly towards the Main boss it really hinders the ability to kill said adds...

KTHX
Kalianya Spellweaver 60 CW <Folklore>
Post edited by psychotiksoul on

Comments

• klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I agree that it's annoying for ranged classes, but it's awesome for melee classes. I wouldn't like to see it removed, but perhaps an on/off option would be welcome.
  • huskyzeroxhuskyzerox Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    /signed +1
  • zorpennzorpenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You can hold your left ctrl to lock target on add or whatever.
    Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
  • criss11criss11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    klixan wrote: »
    , but perhaps an on/off option would be welcome.

This^
    I'm a melee tanker, warrior, half orc and auto target helps a lot.Do not remove it, it should have an ON/OFF setting option , i think there is in Star Trek Online or can be set to the 1st attacker (not random) i think .
    open beta player of some PWE games - north america launched versions:
    - PWI - November, 2008 (2 months after North-America-West Coast open beta)
    - Forsaken World - open beta
    - BOI - open beta
    - Star Trek Online - ftp January, 2012 and rank 14 STO Wiki contributor
    - Neverwinter open beta June, 2013

Daily Foundry "Canyon of the Dead" ( NW-DBPJYKMRE ) - dungeon
  • liquidvisionliquidvision Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    my mage and cleric cast all over the place... cant stand it my guy is casting before tanks can get in for melee.the auto-cast in this game is stupid for casters. on and off option needs to be in game bad.
  • stereoblindxstereoblindx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I really wish this had been removed from the game altogether before anyone was given access to it because now if it did get removed, a lot of easy mode people would be upset about it. When I watched videos of this game, it looked like there was no soft lock on targets and I was so excited for a game that actually required ranged classes to aim. Sadly upon playing it for the first time I realized as a wizard you can just hold down left click and if the mob ran circles around you, the wizard's body would just rotate; putting the skill cap right up there with tab target games where you can just press 1 and go make a sandwich
  • matzeramatzera Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zorpenn wrote: »
    You can hold your left ctrl to lock target on add or whatever.

This, just rebind the default Ctrl key to a mouse button or something, and voila, you are now permanently targeting whatever you want until it dies.

Hint*** This is also really solid for cleric healers, in addition to turning party health bars to "Always on"
    AMD FX 8350 4.0 Mhz OC@ 4.8 Mhz
    ASUS M5A99X Evo
    EVGA GTX 680
    Gskill Ripjaw 8GB(2x4gb) DDR3 1600 @ 2133
    Corsair Hydro 110 Liquid Cooling
    Cyborg RAT 7
    Steelseries Merc Stealth (WTB Steelseries Apex! Sell it to me SS!)
    Steelseries Siberia V2 Headset (Orange)
    Razer Goliathas Omega Control Mousepad
  • losse1losse1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like it the way it is fairly well, if u cant hit it, move i figure...
    "The sum of the whole is this: walk and be happy; walk and be healthy. The best way to lengthen out our days is to walk steadily and with a purpose." -Charles Dickens