test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sitting & Wandering

zerorsw1zerorsw1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
I'm wondering if I could get some help with sitting NPCs down, and making them wander around. I've messed with the parameters for wandering but can't get an NPC I placed on the map to wander. Another thing i'm curious about is getting an npc to sit down in any fashion; either on a chair, object or even on the ground.
Post edited by zerorsw1 on

Comments

• giggliatogiggliato Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Encounters have the feign death option, I used it to make it look like some mobs were sleeping. But NPC's don't have this option.

I don't think we can link NPC's to things like chairs and then have them sit on them until an event occurs. It would be a nice feature though.
  • forien69forien69 Member Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    zerorsw1 wrote: »
    I'm wondering if I could get some help with sitting NPCs down, and making them wander around. I've messed with the parameters for wandering but can't get an NPC I placed on the map to wander. Another thing i'm curious about is getting an npc to sit down in any fashion; either on a chair, object or even on the ground.

Wandering seems not working in Foundry. You should publish quests and check if it works (title it like "TEST RUN DONT PLAY" and withdraw ASAP after testing).
  • zerorsw1zerorsw1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well that's kind of lame, whats the point of being able to playtest it before you publish.
  • forien69forien69 Member Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    zerorsw1 wrote: »
    Well that's kind of lame, whats the point of being able to playtest it before you publish.

For me it's mainly to test dialogs, interactions and placement of details. Combat and stuff I test live.
  • vixisynvixisyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    You can make NPCs lay down, but not sit in a chair. They can sit on the ground though. I haven't figured out how to make any wander, however, and I would love to be able to do that.
    vixybanner4_zpsbe1d5d4b.jpg
  • zerorsw1zerorsw1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vixisyn wrote: »
    You can make NPCs lay down, but not sit in a chair. They can sit on the ground though. I haven't figured out how to make any wander, however, and I would love to be able to do that.

Well I can settle for setting on the ground I guess. How would one go about that? And yeah I still can't figure out the wandering stuff. I fiddled with it for like another hour last night to no avail.
  • cuddlesmacheesecuddlesmacheese Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can make NPC's wander by using waypoints.
    "The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh U1"

Part 1 - NW-DB9Q7NCWR
    Part 2 - NW-DHKJD78SM

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • heruohta1heruohta1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wandering works but not in the preview mode. It has to be published. As a note, you might want to adjust the wandering speed option to about 5 if you want the NPCs to look like they are moving at normal-ish speed and not fast walking like they're on crack.
    The Darkwater Saga:
    Darkwater Rising - LIVE! (NW-DJ2KG9JBA)
    Waves of Deception - Under Construction!
    Crashing Tides - Under Construction!