test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FX Effects

marchof5inmarchof5in Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
I can't seem to figure out how to use the FX, like camera shaking or fogginess. How would I go about doing this? Thank you :D
Post edited by marchof5in on

Comments

• Options
    dadeleviathandadeleviathan Member Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    marchof5in wrote: »
    I can't seem to figure out how to use the FX, like camera shaking or fogginess. How would I go about doing this? Thank you :D

I do not believe that camera shaking is one of the effects that the foundry has access to at the moment (although I imagine camera effects will be added eventually. They have mentioned before that DM notes will be forthcoming, if I remember correctly).

In terms of fogginess, that can be in one of two ways. The first way is to click on "edit background" and click on "replace sky" (i forget the exact name on the button). From here, you can choose from various types of fog, as well as various types of lighting if your map is an exterior.

You can also do it by clicking on 'detail' and going to effects and searching for fog, which will allow you to more fine tune how the fogs acts and where it is placed. There is no control over the fog itself, but there are enough options of 'billowing fog' and the like to be able to do anything within reason.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I do not believe that camera shaking is one of the effects that the foundry has access to at the moment (although I imagine camera effects will be added eventually. They have mentioned before that DM notes will be forthcoming, if I remember correctly).

In terms of fogginess, that can be in one of two ways. The first way is to click on "edit background" and click on "replace sky" (i forget the exact name on the button). From here, you can choose from various types of fog, as well as various types of lighting if your map is an exterior.

You can also do it by clicking on 'detail' and going to effects and searching for fog, which will allow you to more fine tune how the fogs acts and where it is placed. There is no control over the fog itself, but there are enough options of 'billowing fog' and the like to be able to do anything within reason.

Okay thank you, i'll give that a shot. I found all the different effects somewhere but I couldn't remember how I got to them or how to use them. I could've sworn Cragsdeep had a few including the shaking screen.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Okay, I player another that a player added camera shaking, blurring, and system messages. bump