test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shared Quest Text - Missing the Story

corvos154corvos154 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Forgive me if this has been addressed already, I attempted to find a similar topic but found none.

In parties;
If one person blitzes through the quest dialogue and initiates the trigger to move on to the next quest element, the quest text/window closes for everyone else that was reading it and doesn't give them the chance to finish. For a game that has a lot of story to tell (and even more in Foundry quests), I find that to be a bit jarring.

I *believe* this happens for all quests however it's much more noticeable in player created Foundry quests. Foundry quests tend to have a lot more dialogue, using multiple pages/conversation trees so it stands out a lot more when you're on page 2/3 and the whole thing shuts down on you.

Is this working as intended or is something broken? If the initiating of the next quest element needs to be shared, I suggested using a "ready" system to avoid people missing out on all that great story!

Has this been addressed by Cryptic and/or reported by other players?

- Corvos
Post edited by corvos154 on

Comments

• dourak96dourak96 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have had this happen to me too, kind of sucks when people put much effort in the foundry and players are not able to enjoy the work.

corvos154 wrote: »
    Forgive me if this has been addressed already, I attempted to find a similar topic but found none.

In parties;
    If one person blitzes through the quest dialogue and initiates the trigger to move on to the next quest element, the quest text/window closes for everyone else that was reading it and doesn't give them the chance to finish. For a game that has a lot of story to tell (and even more in Foundry quests), I find that to be a bit jarring.

I *believe* this happens for all quests however it's much more noticeable in player created Foundry quests. Foundry quests tend to have a lot more dialogue, using multiple pages/conversation trees so it stands out a lot more when you're on page 2/3 and the whole thing shuts down on you.

Is this working as intended or is something broken? If the initiating of the next quest element needs to be shared, I suggested using a "ready" system to avoid people missing out on all that great story!

Has this been addressed by Cryptic and/or reported by other players?

- Corvos
  • violentdeaviolentdea Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is currently probably my biggest gripe with the game. Trying to RP with some friends and do the quests and one person advancing skips for everyone else. Having to have everyone read through to the end and exit out so one person can go through it all is a pain.
  • corvos154corvos154 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    violentdea wrote: »
    This is currently probably my biggest gripe with the game. Trying to RP with some friends and do the quests and one person advancing skips for everyone else. Having to have everyone read through to the end and exit out so one person can go through it all is a pain.

It really is the only thing that irks me about the game. I feel like the foundry is what's going to keep people around. I don't want to have to be careful about who I play with and/or having to set ground rules at the beginning of each run to make sure I get to fully enjoy the content.