test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

This game has huge potential...

rasereiamokrasereiamok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 78
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
When you spend 110$ on a cash shop game and you still don't have even close to what you want (and in some cases need), you know there is something wrong.

Subscription games are 15$ a month. Usually discounted to around 120-150$ per YEAR and you have access to the full game.

Neverwinter, you need to spend so much money and the GIMMICK (The sucker punch) is that you can earn Astral Diamonds over time to get what you want. At that rate, you won't have anything for a looooooong time and it's not even fun to do this.

The entire economic setup is gonna make this game fail. Players want to do dungeons to get rewards not to earn a fraction of a cash shop currency as part of a daily. Players want to PLAY the game, not login to feel like they are grinding cash shop currency at a sluggish rate.

Why didn't you do a mix of subscription and cash shop? Why can't we earn cash shop items from playing the game WITHOUT trading with other players? (Create an NPC that trades 50:1 astral diamonds to zen)

This game has a great concept and structure but the ECONOMY and loot setup is going to seriously ruin the game. CASH SHOP THIS AND THAT... Can't get epic companion yet unless you pay, epic mounts, bags, enchantments....

Think of it this way Cryptic / Perfect World. Did you spend millions to develop this game to master a cash shop or to create a great game? <
I'm the #1 MMORPG player in the universe!
Post edited by rasereiamok on

Comments

• Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow....Iv'e never seen this post before.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Subscription games are 15$ a month. Usually discounted to around 120-150$ per YEAR and you have access to the full game.

What part of this game do you NOT have access too ? What would you have the subscription to this game provide ? Bank space ? SWtOR has a sub and you still have to buy bank space .
  • Options
    kidrydogkidrydog Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game is an epic fail, that sums it up. Boring leveling with repetitious quests and dungeons, boring equipment that all looks the same. It's Star Trek online with a different skin. The fact they just nerfed the foundry takes away the one good thing about the game. There's no reason to play this game over a 4 year old game like Lord of the Rings online or even Warhammer Online(which is also better). There is nothing other than Neverwinter lore/locations and making your own Foundry quest that would keep anyone playing this F2P rather than other options.
  • Options
    rasereiamokrasereiamok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 78
    edited May 2013
    labbb wrote: »
    What part of this game do you NOT have access too ? What would you have the subscription to this game provide ? Bank space ? SWtOR has a sub and you still have to buy bank space .

That is like saying---> People who work minimum wage jobs are millionaires, it's only a matter of time. GREAT LOGIC BRO!
  • Options
    itslagsitslags Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Despite this being repeated a billion times, honestly so far its the truth. The game at its core is absolutely amazing, but theres better ways they could have gone about implementing the cash shop. Hell, even cutting prices by half, or 1 third would almost fix the issue.
    I've played every day since this game hit open beta, bought a founders pack and told all my friends. I really want to see this game succeed but every time I see this game mentioned 9 times out of ten people are ripping on it for the cash shop and thats never good.

Yes you can play the the majority of the game fine without ever spending a dime, but if you want to truely experience all it has to offer, or actually enjoy PVP/End game dungeons, Your going to have to spend some cash. You simply just do not generate enough AD to keep up with the massive AD sink's present in the game.

Honestly its probably the most ive enjoyed a game in a very long time, and the last thing I want to do is see it fail.
  • Options
    majeurevismajeurevis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm betting that once the game is released the leveling will slow down dramatically and things will even out. They're probably cash grabbing since they weren't prepared for a game of this magnitude. I bet they'll do D&D some justice once the game is properly released, but it's going to take time. I mean they've been delaying release a lot over the past year, so I bet it'll end up a very polished game. This is a big license for them, and they probably know it'll hurt their rep if they botch this. I'm just hoping to hear some news about new classes pretty soon!
    Artificer.jpg

Member of the Bring Gith and Artificers to Neverwinter Party.
  • Options
    timm4444timm4444 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 363
    edited May 2013
    When you spend 110$ on a cash shop game and you still don't have even close to what you want (and in some cases need), you know there is something wrong.

Neverwinter, you need to spend so much money and the GIMMICK (The sucker punch) is that you can earn Astral Diamonds over time to get what you want. At that rate, you won't have anything for a looooooong time and it's not even fun to do this.

The entire economic setup is gonna make this game fail. Players want to do dungeons to get rewards not to earn a fraction of a cash shop currency as part of a daily. Players want to PLAY the game, not login to feel like they are grinding cash shop currency at a sluggish rate.
    -

first off you have access to the whole game. . .for free.

The majority of people I've Pug run dungeons with are there for the drops, not the dailies. . .

Lastly, what exactly do you absolutely NEED to play neverwinter that costs $110? A sparklepony? Moar sacks? Seriously, tell me. . . Cause I have all the sparkleponies and max sacks but I still cant one-hit people in PvP or one hit bosses in dungeons. . .

. . .Please, tell me how to pay to win!!!!
  • Options
    xantrisxantris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only thing I really feel like the game pushes you into is buying a couple bags, just because not doing so is such a major inconvenience. And yes, they are definitely overpriced.

Other than that? I'm really not seeing where the complaints are coming from.
  • Options
    muleskinnalumuleskinnalu Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PAY to PLAY.... BRB guys I need to pay 50 Zen to post
  • Options
    wolfzilvawolfzilva Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 167
    edited May 2013

Why didn't you do a mix of subscription and cash shop? Why can't we earn cash shop items from playing the game WITHOUT trading with other players? (Create an NPC that trades 50:1 astral diamonds to zen)

This game has a great concept and structure but the ECONOMY and loot setup is going to seriously ruin the game. CASH SHOP THIS AND THAT... Can't get epic companion yet unless you pay, epic mounts, bags, enchantments....

Think of it this way Cryptic / Perfect World. Did you spend millions to develop this game to master a cash shop or to create a great game? <

I guess he didn't know what he needed...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I spent 60$ preordering and 50$ worth of ZEN.

Here is what I got in total that I need/want:

-Epic Mount
    -4 24 Slot bags
    -600,000 Astral Diamonds (Eventually will be spent on enchantments)

Is that worth 110$ ??? Absolutely not..... I am still shocked I paid that much. I was super hyped up and just spent it. I work full time at a MINIMUM WAGE job. 110$ is a lot of money to me and yet, I still don't have anything in this game.

-Where is my epic healer companion? (Stuck with a striker wolf)

-Where is my bag space on my other characters? (Oh yeah, another 40$ per character)

The loot in the game isn't even powerful. You can be in full epics and the stats don't really make much of a difference. You also don't have much choice in what stats you focus on, there isn't any randomized gear.

-What if I want to stack regeneration on my tank? (Oh yeah, can't.)
  • Options
    mortoriusmortorius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

+1
    Totally agree with you...i remember how big potential was Allods Online before they launch cash shop, after that game was totally ruined. Wise Men Learn From Others Mistakes!!!
    No Gods, no Masters. Knowledge is Power, and Power is Freedom.
  • Options
    autosleepautosleep Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I always like to compare other f2p with Path of Exile (Even though I don't play it anymore, not a big fan of ARPG). And this one fares poorly.

The only way to craft high tier enchants is through zen scrolls, the game even though it's in an official "beta", since there will no wipe, it counts has released.

No dev feedback, since the publisher holds them by the balls, "beta" patches instead of focusing on game features, are simply number tweaking and stress test, but we get new mounts and companions...

Game will fail, I bet 100€ (which I will save them from spending in this cash cow of a game) it will fail like all mmo's before this.
  • Options
    wolfzilvawolfzilva Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 167
    edited May 2013
    I spent 60$ preordering and 50$ worth of ZEN.

Here is what I got in total that I need/want:

-Epic Mount
    -4 24 Slot bags
    -600,000 Astral Diamonds (Eventually will be spent on enchantments)

Is that worth 110$ ??? Absolutely not..... I am still shocked I paid that much. I was super hyped up and just spent it. I work full time at a MINIMUM WAGE job. 110$ is a lot of money to me and yet, I still don't have anything in this game.

-Where is my epic healer companion? (Stuck with a striker wolf)

-Where is my bag space on my other characters? (Oh yeah, another 40$ per character)

The loot in the game isn't even powerful. You can be in full epics and the stats don't really make much of a difference. You also don't have much choice in what stats you focus on, there isn't any randomized gear.

-What if I want to stack regeneration on my tank? (Oh yeah, can't.)

ok not sure why you think you need 4 24 slot bags on 1 character when they give you 2 ingame. So ya that is your fault there.
  • Options
    kuroisekikuroiseki Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My only wish is that it supported the video card AMD Radeon HD 7470 Series XD because it doesn't, makes me lag and it saddens me :( I LOVE this game so far!
  • Options
    gorbulasgorbulas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The original vision of Neverwinter was much better. Its only when PWE bought Cryptic that they turned into a f2p MMO. They added the PWE MMO model to it and as we all know who played their games, they are mediocre at best. You will not see a subscription coming from this company. I don't count CO and STO since they were already sub games when they bought cryptic). I agree with all the complaints thats been posted on the forums, and not just this thread. When and if these concerns by players gets addressed, it might be worth it to play this game but at this point I am not going to pour any money in the game. I'll just play it until I find a better game.
  • Options
    therealdestiantherealdestian Member Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    itslags wrote: »
    Despite this being repeated a billion times, honestly so far its the truth. The game at its core is absolutely amazing, but theres better ways they could have gone about implementing the cash shop. Hell, even cutting prices by half, or 1 third would almost fix the issue.
    I've played every day since this game hit open beta, bought a founders pack and told all my friends. I really want to see this game succeed but every time I see this game mentioned 9 times out of ten people are ripping on it for the cash shop and thats never good.

A hundred thousand times, this.

PWE should be aware of how much negative press they're getting for this.
  • Options
    riven84riven84 Member, Banned Users Posts: 574 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Players want to do dungeons to get rewards not to earn a fraction of a cash shop currency as part of a daily.
    But you get both…

*shrug*
  • Options
    riven84riven84 Member, Banned Users Posts: 574 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    A hundred thousand times, this.

PWE should be aware of how much negative press they're getting for this.

Yeah because PWE has never done this before? Get a clue.
  • Options
    lachis11lachis11 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Obviously to make money.

Can we please fix the party system? I should be able to quest in a party with my friends without having them be in my instance. It's annoying to never be able to party with friends but still solo.
  • Options
    therealdestiantherealdestian Member Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    riven84 wrote: »
    Yeah because PWE has never done this before? Get a clue.

This is the first PWE game I've ever tried so I honestly have no idea.

If they've done this before, maybe one of these times it'll finally stick. :P
  • Options
    pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    labbb wrote: »
    What part of this game do you NOT have access too ?

- Bank space
    - Respecs
    - All the other stuff he mentioned which you was too too stupid to see, or didn't bother reading and just went straight to dickriding.
  • Options
    kaasdoekkaasdoek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For the people who never played a PWE game before.

I have played Battle of Immortals 18 months ago for like a year. I spend over 500 euros on gambling stuff from the zen shop and pet skills etc.

I met people who spend over 10k dollars on their character.

This is how PWE business model works. if you think it will change, think again. If you think they will balance classes, think again. In other PWE games there are no nerfs or buffs. Just Zen store additions.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mortorius wrote: »
    +1
    Totally agree with you...i remember how big potential was Allods Online before they launch cash shop, after that game was totally ruined. Wise Men Learn From Others Mistakes!!!

I remember Allods as well. That game was LITERALLY ruined by there cash shop.
  • Options
    lokaidraxmartislokaidraxmartis Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    timm4444 wrote: »
    first off you have access to the whole game. . .for free.

The majority of people I've Pug run dungeons with are there for the drops, not the dailies. . .

Lastly, what exactly do you absolutely NEED to play neverwinter that costs $110? A sparklepony? Moar sacks? Seriously, tell me. . . Cause I have all the sparkleponies and max sacks but I still cant one-hit people in PvP or one hit bosses in dungeons. . .

. . .Please, tell me how to pay to win!!!!

Step 1: get out credit card
    Step 2: buy AD
    Step 3: go to auction house
    Step 4: buy the best epic gear there is
    Step 5: buy wards and enchantment items
    Step 6: equip said gear
    Step 7: roflstomp everyone with out touching a dungeon

Saddly the ability to buy everything in game via real world cash is a gateway to buying power, and through it you have achieved pay2win. Some argue this isnt the case, but really it is. You just paid money for the best gear in the game, now everyone you face at least a majority of players will not have this gear or loadout, and you will beat them down fairly easily since it is a gear based game. Thus!

you just paid to win... argue it all you like but one of my biggest pet peeves with this game, is in fact ability to buy AD and items being boe means we can simply buy the best of everything. Its not a good system...no matter how you look at it high prices aside.
  • Options
    nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i dunno i bought the guardian package (which was honestly kinda a waste since you get a horse and the dire wolf well....), but since then i havent spent any other money and trippled my amount of ad...so i dont really know what people are complaining about. Sure the prices in the cs are too high, but you obviously dont need the stuff to play through the game...

i agree on the part about the gear and enchantments tough, thats making it somewhat pay to win, especially for the pvpers. I also disslike the fact that changing appearances costs a fortune.
  • Options
    tooonetwotooonetwo Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    I prefer subscription based models... This game is 100% pay for power.
  • Options
    jscott3jscott3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree. Cash shop is over priced. Have to pay $10 a bag? I have very high hopes for this game and really want to it kill other MMO's, like WoW for example. This game has a ton of potential, but ever since F2P took off in china (<if I am not wrong), not one MMO game here in America has been entertaining and fun. You got character slot locks, bag space, respec tokens, epic gear unlocks, content unlocks, and everything else that these game companies will rob you for. I want to pay for a good game, not for power in a game. The economy flat out sucks in all the games and people lose interest quick.

I wish I had 100 million to start a game company, cause I am just seeing too many game companies caring about money instead of making a great game a great game forever. Where is the passion for making these games? I guess that why WoW is as big as it is after so many years and they aren't F2P. Yeah most subscription games are like $15 a month, and I wouldn't mind paying $25 a month to have everything unlocked and not have to see "buy this for more slots, buy this to respec, buy this to equip, etc. etc. etc. and have cash shops for special items like mounts.