test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Simple fix to end the Need/Greed issue.

orosius1orosius1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Need rolls can only be rolled by the class required for the item. /Thread
Post edited by orosius1 on

Comments

• elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not that simple. Two of the same class in party, A already has the item, B does not. Both roll Need, A wins to sell on AH.

/thread
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • denverralphydenverralphy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Only real fix.... Stay away from PuGs.
  • dtrain69dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    Not that simple. Two of the same class in party, A already has the item, B does not. Both roll Need, A wins to sell on AH.

/thread

There is no way around this situation, Unless they make items unique equipped.

But i agree that you shouldn't be able to need on things you cannot use.
  • mrseaversmrseavers Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually, with loot drops so highly class based as this it would be possible if "Need" only works on stuff for your class, whereas "Greed" works on all. How hard could it be to implement a simple class check?
  • orosius1orosius1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really think this must have been overlooked. Certainly they didnt intend for characters rolling need on un-equippable items. The system as it is now makes me not want to play.