test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wish List of a Cleric PVE Healer

alreadytakentooalreadytakentoo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Keep in mind, this is a list of the things that could be gamebreaking for me as an experienced MMO player. So yea, they're not perched upon pillows of positive enthusiasm and may come off as confrontational. TLDR: Let us switch ability set-ups, reduce heal threat, give us some more space.

Loadout Manager
This may not be a high priority for everyone, but as a cleric, it is a necessity. I will not be playing this game long without the ability to swap loadouts quickly without cost. It is extremely annoying setting up my build before different encounter types because of the strict limitation on encounter abilities. I did it for a while, but it just got too annoying, so I ran around as a pure healer for a while, which made survival a pain (or impossible in some cases) and killing stuff extremely painful when I found myself alone (I usually travel with a partner). But having to swap out all my skills takes time and if they want me to be good at my job, groups are just going to have to wait for me to switch all my abilities (encounter, dailies, passives, and at-wills - all of them need switching for me to be effective) at the start of an instance, and before and after each boss. Either that or they will be relying on pots to save them on boss fights, which is about where I am now because it's too much of a pain in the *** to run pure heals all the time. I'm even considering switching to a DPS class that has a much lighter weight to carry so I can just di ck off with whatever abilities I want. Nobody would notice and I wouldn't feel like I'm not doing my job because I won't keep switching out my abilities every 5 minutes.

Heal Base Threat Reduced
Seriously. If I am intended to tank ****, give me a freakin' shield. If not, lower my base threat or increas threat of others. I use all the threat reduction possible and almost always have aggro on all but 1 mob. This is partially due to everyone being relatively inexperienced at this time and DPS being as careless as they always have been, but mostly it's just me. A hot on a DPS player (applied after they establish threat on everything) will pull everything off them. My dodge is constantly on cooldown. While I like an active playstyle, can I just be able to stand still for 3 seconds here and there? Please? I'm tired. Maybe this is because I run with a trickster rogue who focuses one target at a time, but I feel I still shouldn't have aggro on all but one mob. He can face tank them/kite them as well as I can and I can heal him better than I can heal myself. Until about level 40, the instances went okay, but after that, some mobs just hit too hard and if they catch me when my dodge is on CD (which is pretty much all the time), they can take me out in 1 second flat in my healing set-up. I stopped running instances because I was sick of tanking AND healing. One or the other, please. If I have to run instances in a pure pvp spec just to survive, this is not the game for me. I don't see a point in doing something if I can't do it well.

Q: Are all the threat reduction mechanics broken? Should I stop wasting points on them? They make no discernable difference.

More/Cheaper Storage Options
With every zone giving you it's own currency (that should really go into the currency tab, but that would make too much sense), 7 different types of pots, too many different types of pet and item enchants, kits, pots, etc... giving us one 12-slot bag at level 30 and 16 bank slots is sad. I know you're all about the bottom line, but I guarantee you (look at the research out there), a F2P model that provides a playable game through all content without significant suffering is better. TERA's F2P model is awesome, for example. You want to know how much bank space they gave me? and they threw about the same amount of stuff at me. I've played every popular MMO and F2P MMO and have a pretty good understanding what's out there and your model is too prohibitive. Do your developers not play any other games? Your F2P model is better than ONE other game in the history of games and that's SWTOR. Do you really just want to be better than TOR? That's setting the bar extremely low for a company with as much experience as you have. I have given you 60 bucks for the guardian pack, which I feel was worth it and $50 for zen, which was just required to have enough room to put all the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> I feel I need to keep, but I will not give you another dime. I gave TERA much MUCH more and have at least 2 friends who feel the same, so I know I'm not alone on this.

There are lots of other things that are less important to me: Loot rules, leaders in groups being able to kick w/out any agreement, having some way to acquire keys in game, foundry cheaters, etc... but, as a PVE Cleric Healer, I'd be happy to have a loadout manager.

Edit: I may try this, since I'm tanking anyway... http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?157861-Videos-Cleric-Epic-Dungeon-Runs-and-Build
Post edited by alreadytakentoo on

Comments

• streamofsolacestreamofsolace Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The threat issue is two-fold:
    1. Tank classes seem to lack the capability to generate significant threat against a large number of enemies.
    2. The favoured mechanic for boss fights is to spawn new enemies repeatedly, enemies on which the tank will have zero threat and you will instantly generate threat by healing. You can't fix this by reducing your threat by a percentage; a healer with 1 threat or 10 threat still has more than a tank with 0 threat. Presumably, the passive power and talent do function as advertised, it's just that it doesn't matter whether they do or not.

I would love the ability to conveniently swap between power sets, and would pay a reasonable price for it. As things to sell in a shop go, it's pure convenience and seems like it wouldn't offend many people.

(I have no interest in the bag/pricing model debate. I would probably spend more if prices were lower, but to a point I will spend money to improve my experience in-game)