test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Suggestion] Fix for foundry exploit

logludloglud Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Ok I really hope a dev reads this and takes this to heart. You may have just shot yourself in the foot with this foundry system and not saying it was a "temporary" fix. People put hundreds of hours into the biggest foundries, and now those people are punished? Really? On top of that you make it so that it is enigmatic what the actual patch fixed by saying:
dezstravus wrote: »
  • Foundry experience has been tweaked for balancing purposes
Thus decreasing the incentive to run/create foundries as we have no idea how bad you hit them with a nerf bad. My suggestion after watching everything unfold over the last couple of days is this:

Players or Companions must land the killing blow on a mob to get the xp.

No more knocking people off the top, or sitting and letting traps do all the work. Hell if you really want to, disable creature environment xp gain including traps, and falling. If people want to go in and kill thousands of mobs go for it thats their choice, and they should be able to, as the time it takes for them to go do that is no different than going to an area of their own level and doing such.

Please make a statement, tell us your plans, or do something to communicate what you plan to do, because as of now you have lost something that has made your game unique.

/endrant

Update: I have now seen this post. THIS POST NEEDS TO BE IN THE PATCH NOTES..
That's the band aid.
The cure is to patch the exploited features which is in the works.

Comments

• Options
    xydsxlegendxydsxlegend Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    loglud wrote: »
    Ok I really hope a dev reads this and takes this to heart. You may have just shot yourself in the foot with this foundry system and not saying it was a "temporary" fix. People put hundreds of hours into the biggest foundries, and now those people are punished? Really? On top of that you make it so that it is enigmatic what the actual patch fixed by saying:

Thus decreasing the incentive to run/create foundries as we have no idea how bad you hit them with a nerf bad. My suggestion after watching everything unfold over the last couple of days is this:

Players or Companions must land the killing blow on a mob to get the xp.

No more knocking people off the top, or sitting and letting traps do all the work. Hell if you really want to, disable creature environment xp gain including traps, and falling. If people want to go in and kill thousands of mobs go for it thats their choice, and they should be able to, as the time it takes for them to go do that is no different than going to an area of their own level and doing such.

Please make a statement, tell us your plans, or do something to communicate what you plan to do, because as of now you have lost something that has made your game unique.

/endrant

"...lost something that has made your game unique." I fully agreed. If the foundry system is going to stay like this I will be one of the few who is going to leave this game. "Who cares if you leave" Some players might be thinking that but w/e. I loved being able to farm after a long boring day of work. I don't feel like going around questing sometime. I just want to relax and maybe watch a movie while I am playing. Plus if you didn't want player to farm why allow somethings in them. It's like giving a 3 year old candy then tell them to not eat it. What do you believe would happen?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Early Gamer Get the Levels"
    by Profesor Legend

Profesor%20Legend.jpg
  • Options
    isakongmingisakongming Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The band aid should have been to re-implement the HotN beta limitation of only being able to do the same foundry quest once per day until they have a fix while cutting down the XP. To nerf loot/money like they did across the board has made current foundry quests pointless for most people, the low XP + next to no loot makes running a foundry quest a net loss at higher levels.

But this is Cryptic, take an axe to a wound and then put a bandaid on it...worse yet, it pushed all the farmers out into the game world to interrupt people playing the main game.