test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Items not stacking and Cryptic/PWE still wants your money for bags

blacksuntyrant1blacksuntyrant1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 10 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I feel its almost disrespectful to have and constantly hand out items that don't stack and waste more inventory space - inventory space Cryptic/PWE deems valuable enough to charge real money over.

Potions don't stack with potions, kits don't stack with kits, scrolls won't stack with scrolls, but you want us to pay 5$ or something for more space?

While I doubt this is intended as a zen store purchase incentive - I strongly hope anyway - I'm sure its low priority on their list of things to fix. Quite likely, its just sloppy database and item tag coding and generation. Still, it needs to be fixed - its a major Quality of Life problem that pretty much affects 100% of the population.

I hope this can be addressed in a timely fashion, rather than left 1-2 years down the line as one of those problems everyone knows about, but doesn't bother mentioning because it will never get addressed.
Post edited by blacksuntyrant1 on

Comments

• Options
    gnarthokgnarthok Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Potions do stack. You are probably talking about the potions that are bound to your character and the ones that aren't. They are two different items so that is why they don't stack. Other items suffer the same thing, mostly consumables.
  • Options
    lageralelagerale Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I actually thought of this as I sifted through the multitude of runes I had in my bags. Between two stacks of each potion (bound and not bound), two stacks of scrolls (bound and not bound) and various stages of fused runes your bags get pretty full. Toss in the various kits your given and then the other temp consumable pots your given it's quite obvious they are doing what they can to suck up your bag space so you have to buy bags with real money. This is made more obvious with the fact that it seems in 60 levels you only get two more bags then you start with. As I have said before, great game, but they probably won't get a dime from me ever simply due to the fact this is the most money grabbing game I have ever seen released.
  • Options
    narathkornarathkor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL there have been much bigger money grabs than this, much. Being a pack rat doesnt help you, why are you holding on to lesser identify scrolls after 30 for example, those are useless to you sell them.
    Please check out my foundry quests!
    The Sins of the Father NW-DLN6BC8NX
    A Name For Yourself NW-DRBWMCFL4
    Click Here To Visit The Official Thread
  • Options
    kunjakumyohokunjakumyoho Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gnarthok wrote: »
    Potions do stack. You are probably talking about the potions that are bound to your character and the ones that aren't. They are two different items so that is why they don't stack. Other items suffer the same thing, mostly consumables.

Best solution for that Imo, when you need to identify or heal, always stack by the "bound to character" items (as they are often some that you got offered in packs or chests, and keep the ones that fully stack for later use or trade on reroll
  • Options
    therealdestiantherealdestian Member Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    It's $6 per 12 slot, $10 per 24 slot.

And yes, this game shovels more <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> into my bags than even Tera did. I just started vendoring it once my AH listings were filled.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's $6 per 12 slot, $10 per 24 slot.

And it's $5 for two character slots. Leveled to 11 (pretty quick) that's 2x (basic pack + 18 slot bag + basic bank) of extra storage. Plus being able to invoke for AD/Celestial Coins, plus extra crafting.

And a mail system that's very friendly, in that you can easily send mail to all your characters at once, and they don't charge any mail fee. (well, friendly except for the part where they need to put more Postal Couriers around the world.)

So for $5 and an hour or two of leveling, I've got lots of rune & enchant storage (one char for each), plus the extra AD/coins/crafting.

A bit silly, perhaps. But it works. /shrug