test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Late game gear for CWs

errantvolleyerrantvolley Member Posts: 46 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Library
I'm working my way through the Epics and PvP. I have most of the PvP gear now and a smattering of Epic dungeon gear. With enchants gear score is about 10k depending on what I swap out/in. The question, though, is what gear per position and gear-set is best for PvP and PvE? What enchants are you focusing on getting and upgradings?

I have focused on mostly DPS > Power > Critical Strike with smattering of Recovery and Armor Penetration. It is too many things to really be considered focusing, though. :|

Thoughts?
Post edited by errantvolley on

Comments

• morphonamorphona Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm aiming for as much recovery as i can, then power, then crit.

But I'm a control base wizard i don't care much for DPS, i prefer to have my cool downs shorter.
  • kuzmaakimovichkuzmaakimovich Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    armorpen / crit > recovery > power > deflection > max hp
    Viceverza - Premonition (Dragon / Sen'jin)
    Youtube Channel
  • klump360klump360 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Depends on what you are wanting to do. I PvP most of the time and at some point I will replace my pvp set with the Tier 2 set. If you are wearing the full pvp set just go with Crit as your runestones since you have a good amount of other stats as well as the +400 recovery bonus once you have the full set.
  • losbin68losbin68 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 79
    edited May 2013
    if you want to be good in the top epics then you will be a control base wizard. Dps just does not have the ability to control fights. Will people please stop telling me how good they are because they have a 10k gear score that means nothing but have gear with lots of stats that are useless to our class
  • losbin68losbin68 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 79
    edited May 2013
    If you really want good gear you need to look at crafted it has better AC and the stats are made for wizzards
    edited May 2013
    If you really want good gear you need to look at crafted it has better AC and the stats are made for wizzards
  • errantvolleyerrantvolley Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    losbin68 wrote: »

Well based on the feedback from this thread I am heading toward High Vizier set. ATM I have the two piece of this and the two piece gladiator.

Using all recovery rank 7 enchants for offense. What are you guys using for defense enchants? For utility? I have gone movement rank 7 for utility for lack of something more compelling.

Think I'm up to nearly 11000 now for PvE GS.

The crit set (Shadow Weaver) might be better than Gladiator for PvP. What do you guys think?
  • stereoblindxstereoblindx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You'll get much better results out of crit/power over armorpen, unfortunately. It looks like a great stat but to me crit just blows it out of the water in terms of noticeable differences. After you're satisfied with those two, wizards and recovery are never a bad thing to put in a ball together.

Defensive enchants, I'd go with anything boosting pure defense as that mitigates all damage.
  • cynabal2cynabal2 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Shadow weaver 4 peace is broken at the moment and gives many more stacks of the buffs then intended. It also stops working occasionally and requires you to remove a piece and put it back on for the 4 piece to take effect.

Would still recommend it for pvp as it has a good stat spread and until the gladiator 4 piece is fixed we don't have many options for 4 piece sets that actually do ****-all

Aim for 5k recovery or 35% action point gain for perm-black hole in PVE. All other stats are meaningless in PVE as in CN our only job is add-control.
  • honoraryorangehonoraryorange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    5k recovery is ridiculous and far beyond the point of worthwhile diminishing returns. That's terrible advice...

Don't stack Recovery beyond 3500-3800 or so. Going from 3800 to 5000 will only give you a little over 2% difference. Totally not worth. Get to 3500-3800ish and then dump the rest into crit, power and/or armor pen.
  • projxprojx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1500 crit / 1500 ar pen / 2800-3k recovery / Max Hps / Plaguefire / Tenebrous for me :)
    Gave in to that momentary sadistic twitch...
    hk47banner.jpg
  • copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    armorpen / crit > recovery > power > deflection > max hp

^ ^ exactly that. Power is useless. You get enough of it on your gear. Point for point, ArP/Crit are the most important. Get the PvP Orb with a lesser plague fire. get 2pc set for 400crit, and 2pc set for 400recovery. Get TWO blue belts (smiting/Piercing Berseker belt) Get a cat, stack ArP/Crit gear/enchants on it. Then be on your way to get a shadow weaver set.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • cynabal2cynabal2 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Another thing I noticed, shadow weaver 4 piece using COI and lesser-plaguefire would hit allies near the COI and give the mob with COI the Measured Spellcasting buff (crit severity)

I'd be very careful using this set until they decide to fix it.