test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Things I would like to see changed before release

frostilionitusfrostilionitus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
After logging many many hours playing and enjoying this game. I have compiled a list of stuff I would like to see changed before game release.

First thing is the waiting for party to do quests.. That is a great concept until you find yourself trying to run in and out of the bars and buildings in town to finish a couple quests. I feel that a prompting whether to continue solo or not should pop up.

Rogue DPS - My favorite class is the rogue.. I have spent many hours on it. Always at the top of the dps charts. However I have played the other classes as well and feel they may deal way to much damage... One swing with my rogue does almost double the damage that my Great Weapon Warrior does... and the warrior wields a 2 handed sword. The overall DPS of the rogue may be higher but I think the warriors hits and swings should out damage the rogues.. as the rogue is only wielding a dagger... Also Rogues should never get an AE attack.. They use daggers.

I have built a mission using the foundry.. I would like to see the ability to create boss fights. I saw that it was being looked into.. So I am excited about it. Also having the ability in the foundry to create multi groups zones better known as raids would be a great idea. The inability to create the item drops is a good idea to keep balance and no ridiculous weapons being made. However if it were possible to allow skill caps and stuff.. like making the caps a noticeable amount shy of what Cryptics dungeons or raid items are.

Also dealing with the Foundry... I would like to be able to search the Review tab.. I have a lot of friends putting out stuff that I would like to try.. I have yet to find any of it because of the amount of content on there.. Which is great, but i want to try my buddies quests as well..

Being a rogue with crazy high damage output the zone mobs like in the Tower District are very easy. Maybe a little tougher regular mobs.

A bag for just gathering kits like dungeoneering, religion or arcana tools would be nice.

Also a bag that holds quest items only.

Running dungeons and through queues a bunch the game seems ot have a lot of ninjas... The inability to roll Need if your class cant use the item is almost a must in this market.

Auto gathering would be nice as I find myself accidently targetting players when im trying to grab a green item.. Quest items should still need to be gatherable... Maybe turn this on and off in an interface.. Greens Blues Rares. Auto grab as the loot is your own anyway.

I have run into a few times where my friend or another groupmate has outleveled the dungeon that we were wanting to run.. I understand the level cap so that you cant have people power leveling through them. BUT Maybe level down the higher level character or allow them to have the ability to choose that dungeon in queue for like 5 levels over cap.

Overall, most of the stuff I mentioned is trivial. I think Cryptic has done a great job with this game. I will continue to play it for months. I have already spent plenty of money on the zen market buying things for my characters. Hopefully this game will stay around for quite a while as it is one of the best ones out right now.

Thanks

Frosty
Post edited by frostilionitus on

Comments

• Options
    clannamuirclannamuir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    <snip>

Being a rogue with crazy high damage output the zone mobs like in the Tower District are very easy. Maybe a little tougher regular mobs.

<snip>

Have you tried Helm's Hold when the devil contest is running? I was there last evening on a lvl 35 TR and found the re-span rate of the mob rather high. Kill group of Devils (and the ones that seem to get drawn in). Start to pick up the drops and before you grab your last drop, the group respawns. Keeps you busy at least.
  • Options
    malganysxmalganysx Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    total quote the part of rogues.... nerf this class... cant see tath class with overpower damage and tath survavility... lol i've played rogue in real D&D and daggers hit 1d4 guys.... the warrior!! have a 2handed sword and hits 1D12!!! but in this game warr suck in damage and survival too... so nerf the rogue so all classes can be killable each other ty... the class balance is 90% of online game.. so pls work on it...
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A bag for just gathering kits like dungeoneering, religion or arcana tools would be nice.

Also a bag that holds quest items only.

Eh, for things that don't take up that much space, these are fine. Kits are what, five spots at most? Quest items the same, you aren't doing a dozen quests that take up that much space. Those runes though, wow. I have two store bought bags that i focus on using to hold them, one for companion ones and one for mine, and i still have to use a third for the ones that don't fit. Plus they drop like candy. Honestly though, beyond those, there isn't much to use bag space for. My first bag is filled i with various potions and such, and the rest ends up being greens that are vendor trash at cap.
  • Options
    mattkrueg1mattkrueg1 Member Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    malganysx wrote: »
    total quote the part of rogues.... nerf this class... cant see tath class with overpower damage and tath survavility... lol i've played rogue in real D&D and daggers hit 1d4 guys.... the warrior!! have a 2handed sword and hits 1D12!!! but in this game warr suck in damage and survival too... so nerf the rogue so all classes can be killable each other ty... the class balance is 90% of online game.. so pls work on it...

I give this post an F. Horrible use of punctuation and lack of proper capitalization. Large number of incomplete sentences and spelling mistakes. Please review your post and submit again.
    TEMPUS
  • Options
    mattkrueg1mattkrueg1 Member Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    Double post. Please allow us to delete double posts so as to not clutter forums.
    TEMPUS
  • Options
    frostilionitusfrostilionitus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tfangel wrote: »
    Eh, for things that don't take up that much space, these are fine. Kits are what, five spots at most? Quest items the same, you aren't doing a dozen quests that take up that much space. Those runes though, wow. I have two store bought bags that i focus on using to hold them, one for companion ones and one for mine, and i still have to use a third for the ones that don't fit. Plus they drop like candy. Honestly though, beyond those, there isn't much to use bag space for. My first bag is filled i with various potions and such, and the rest ends up being greens that are vendor trash at cap.

You may be on to something there.. I have a ton of those things. Without those I would have tons of rooms. Maybe just another tab for the kits or something.

I give this post an F. Horrible use of punctuation and lack of proper capitalization. Large number of incomplete sentences and spelling mistakes. Please review your post and submit again.

^^

Go away Troll.
  • Options
    joeldgnjoeldgn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    How many forms of currency do we have? I have counted what I think is ten distinct forms of currency. I don't really remember that in D&D.
  • Options
    punkrobartpunkrobart Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Combat timers in PvP arenas, so that if you do not enter combat every 2-3 minutes you get kicked, report buttons, "vote to kick choices"... Also, don't make respecs cost 6 dollars. That's way too much money.
  • Options
    cptcidramseycptcidramsey Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd like to see an option to adjust the "STO Shooter Mode" for the game. I understand that the action-oriented direction of the game needs it, however, there are many players who are simply accustomed to clicking on icons within the interface to take action. Furthermore...this game is a nightmare to play if you're left handed...