test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Disconnecting everytime i join a party

skills4billlsskills4billls Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Everytime i join a group either with friends or in the dungeon finder, it disconnects me, restarts my routers whole internet, please help me with this! i love this game and want to play with my friends and get into dungeon queues, but everytime i try i get disconnected, is there anything i can do? ive opened my ports ive flushed my dns i dont know what else to do, please help... this is extremely frustrating
Post edited by skills4billls on

Comments

• Options
    agrias34agrias34 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 71
    edited May 2013
    I'm having a lot of disconnecting issues as well ever since 4/30. I'll just randomly disconnect while selling to a merchant, or in the middle of killing something, and then be put back at the start of the queue, 5000 people in front of me, just from a stupid disconnect from the servers side.
  • Options
    fletwynnfletwynn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Having a similar issue. After completing the beginning tutorial, I loaded into the first city, and got disconnected after about a minute. Not only did I lose my connection to the game server, but my entire router lost it's internet connection.

Now when I try to log back on, I load in (game says it is downloading 2 files in the upper left corner), and the game promptly cuts my internet connection.
  • Options
    phneakphneak Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Every time I attempt to group / party with someone my game crashes and will crash when i log back in if i am still in a group
  • Options
    malfatemalfate Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, my friend is enountering this same issue. After joining party (especially in a heavily populated city). This has been an issue since 4/30.
  • Options
    dryden2dryden2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im having the same problem, Disconnect and Modem Loses Connection and restarts?, I have never had this problem playing online games, Not sure if the Ports , But it seems Like its just not me,
    Im using a Netgear Gateway Modem, Preissued my ISP which is Brighthouse.
    So why arn't me getting any feed back From Neverwinter Support??
  • Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Member Posts: 2,073 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They can't reproduce the issue there.
    Sounds like malware on your machine or router.

Or your ISP preventing P2P connections?
  • Options
    malfatemalfate Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No to the malware, and the game servers don't use p2p connection.

It's related to the game, weather its poor packet management or what have you, i need to look at my friends computer.

Fact:
    1. This is ONLY happening with Neverwinter, the 10+ other online games we play NEVER have this issue.
    2. It resets the entire internet connection. So not only are you getting DC'd from the game, but everything else is disconnected from the internet. Effectively unplugging the internet cable.

What ever is causing it is causing the router to fail in some way, or the ISP(Time Warner) to disconnect/reset the connection (i'll look into which one)

But either way this is a game client bug. Because other people are having the SAME issue, plus it doesn't happen with any other game/program/service.
  • Options
    jisakujienjisakujien Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This has also been happening to me.
  • Options
    wadabacklashwadabacklash Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also happening to me. Only neverwinter causes it, only when joining a group, instant disconnect.

PVP last night worked perfectly fine (5v5)
  • Options
    jforjerkjforjerk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    I've had it since BWE1. The only time I can change zone without disconnecting is if I change within the first 30sec-1min after logging in. After that I'm guaranteed a DC. It's very annoying since I try to stream when playing PvP or group PvE content, and frequent disconnects is not fun to watch nor good PR for the game.
  • Options
    wadabacklashwadabacklash Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have determined what I believe to be a temporary fix - look up how to disable SPI in your router (after disabling it in mine, all problems were fixed)
  • Options
    mai0mai0 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I keep disconnecting when I travel from map to map, enter or exit a skirmish/dungeon, or even go to pk and back...any time that loading screen pops up I nvr know if its gonna disconnect me or I actually get to travel to the new map w/o any problem. this is seriously getting on my nerves and if it doesn't get fixed I'll just have to leave the game .-.
  • Options
    rexegrexeg Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been getting the same problem. I checked the event log on my netgear gateway. I get the repeated messages: "Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out" and "DHCP Failed - request info not supported."
  • Options
    jeewiz1jeewiz1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Getting the same thing. I tried to join 5 PVP groups, I try to zone and end up back where I was, kicked out of group. The other occurence is where I get in group and I'm unable to zone in.
  • Options
    nirniasnirnias Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yup just tried to join a PVP group and during the loading screen the game crashed with a bug report option.
  • Options
    khakiasskhakiass Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This suddenly began happening to me this afternoon. I had gone several weeks prior to this doing dungeons and skirmishes without issue. I cannot join any party or auto-join for dungeons. Once I do, the gameclient.exe crashes. I am able to start the launcher, and click the Play button, but the .exe never appears in my process list. Only a reboot allows me to actually log in, and if I am still in a party, the game crashes once more.
  • Options
    xeirzosxeirzos Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ya my buddy is have this same issue has anyone heard from perfectworld about a solution to this
  • Options
    ashatresashatres Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    To fix the disconnection from joining a party: Lower Graphics to lowest possible and disable voice chat in game. That should fix it and then you can bring your graphics all the way up to max and be fine. My issue was whenever I joined a party it disconnected me from server and my router and all. With netgraph on (/netgraph 1) I noticed everytime I joined a party the packets spiked to near a 1 mil, thus overloading and disconnecting me. Since the graphics really wasn't the issue, it must be the voice chat that overloads it all when joining a party for those that play with slower connections. (Never had this issue till I moved to somewhere with a much much slower connection)
  • Options
    vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Same, but it's the other people that disconnect me, not the server (yes, gwf here)
    English is not my first language.