test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Magical Morphona's Wizard School for Gifted Gamers.

morphonamorphona Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 27 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Library
so long post short.

1) ray of enfeeble is amazing read it, then put it in your spell power slot, seriously it's amazing.
2) magic missile wins for at wills, makes me sad but it's true.
3) repel and shield can be amazing if there is a way to push bad guys off of anything, spike pts ledges and especially the pit fiend in lair of the mad dragon, they are situational but awesome when it's right.
4) steal time is great for keeping adds off a healer, use it a lot.
5) the orb of death sucks.
6) don't be afraid to swap spells for a specific encounter, i usually change up for every boss fight depending on what I need, aoe damage disables and controls or what.
7) Please for the love of god, stop worrying about your dps, that's the rogues job, we are CONTROL wizards, act like it.
8) know your targets, i can't stress this enough, some mobs can be immune to some controls at soem times. big guys tend to be immune to most control effects, but not all. some mobs become immune while channeling spells. some mobs cast huge aoe heals when they get below a certain hp limit. knowing when and who you can control is important to keeping your group alive.
9) Stability is more important then a dps burn. no matter the fight, it's better to keep it stable and moving then to try and burn down a boss and ignore adds, that's how healers die. in fact keep your eye on the healer at all times, it's your job to keep him alive and up, if he goes down, fix it.
Post edited by morphona on

Comments

• Options
    fornicus1fornicus1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nice list, one question though.

5) What's the orb of death? (not arcane singularity right? I thought that was good.)

Thanks!
  • Options
    morphonamorphona Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's one of the last skills we get, you summon a boulder then throw it. singularity is awesome.
  • Options
    projxprojx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I kinda Like Shard of the Endless Avalanche. It's feated for more damage since I use Icy Rays tabbed so it does good damage and knocks down groups of monsters. I can understand not liking it however.
    Gave in to that momentary sadistic twitch...
    hk47banner.jpg
  • Options
    ashfordeashforde Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    morphona wrote: »
    9) Stability is more important then a dps burn. no matter the fight, it's better to keep it stable and moving then to try and burn down a boss and ignore adds, that's how healers die. in fact keep your eye on the healer at all times, it's your job to keep him alive and up, if he goes down, fix it.

All of it was good. This last one stands out though.

In a land of no running out of mana and no boss enrage timers (that I know of). This is some great advice for anybody in group content.
  • Options
    monarrchmonarrch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    morphona wrote: »
    so long post short.

1) ray of enfeeble is amazing read it, then put it in your spell power slot, seriously it's amazing.
    2) magic missile wins for at wills, makes me sad but it's true.
    3) repel and shield can be amazing if there is a way to push bad guys off of anything, spike pts ledges and especially the pit fiend in lair of the mad dragon, they are situational but awesome when it's right.
    4) steal time is great for keeping adds off a healer, use it a lot.
    5) the orb of death sucks.
    6) don't be afraid to swap spells for a specific encounter, i usually change up for every boss fight depending on what I need, aoe damage disables and controls or what.
    7) Please for the love of god, stop worrying about your dps, that's the rogues job, we are CONTROL wizards, act like it.
    8) know your targets, i can't stress this enough, some mobs can be immune to some controls at soem times. big guys tend to be immune to most control effects, but not all. some mobs become immune while channeling spells. some mobs cast huge aoe heals when they get below a certain hp limit. knowing when and who you can control is important to keeping your group alive.

Did you read my post on "the secret to being good at PVp?" My whole point was ray of Enfeeblement. I think the more kids get to use this ability, the more they will all step up their game.
  • Options
    r3d3y3j3di1r3d3y3j3di1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great post!
  • Options
    knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The shard of endless bugs should not be underestimated by any means.

It is buggy, however if used right in tab you can pass it past targets a couple times then have it explode chain knocking them about 3 times in a row and doing really good dmg. I've also been playing with a tabbed entangle + endless shard combo which is pretty nice for a quick mini singularity/cc/burst moment.