test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cryptic Dev Team Read This And Respond I Dare You

bigredlunchboxbigredlunchbox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I just wanted to start off by saying Neverwinter is a beautiful and immersive game. The world the art team has created feels very natural and has so much detail and character... but honestly thats where the good things about this game stop.

You have a way for players to create quests called The Foundry. When I heard of this I instantly wondered if someone abused it to make an AOE farming map which I knew was possible because your software developers didn't take the time to make monster HP reset to full if they cannot path to you (Common in most games to prevent exploits). Now your way of fixing this problem is to completely mangle the experience/ItemDrop/GoldDrop in all Foundry maps effectively making them novel and useless.

I do not understand how you could be so <Guess> as a company to release an update with such an obvious abuse.

Also PvP is full of afking exp/glory farmers. PvP shouldn't give such a high amount of exp I know it helps prevent twinks but they can just leave right before its done and then reque and not gain exp.. so really it doesn't. I know it makes pvp fun because you can level while you do it but since it gives so much exp you get an afker 1/3 games. PvP needs to not give exp anymore sad but true, give us more rewards in the form of a variety of levels for gear and ranks.

Your auction house level requirement feature is messed up. I personally don't know why this wouldn't be working but it has been messed up for awhile now.

Mail system. Why do I care what my Fleet from almost a year ago is doing in STO... guess what.. I can't leave Fleet unless I download the game again. Why!? Just because you have more then 1 mmorpg doesn't mean you have to connect their mail system. I mean it wouldn't be so bad if I could check abunch of boxes then hit delete and delete them all but I have to do it 1 by 1.. which crashes my client a lot. This also pisses off anyone that uses the auction house a lot as you get a mailbox full of things pretty fast.

Also the price on AD for rune stones and gems is hilariously high compared to their drop rate. Please play your own game and properly balance it. This is not a conventional open beta as you are selling your currency already. These issues should have been resolved in a proper closed beta and not a beta weekend invitation. You could have let the founders close beta test and gotta PAYING closed beta testers who most likely would have been dedicated to fixing many of these issues.

Oh and here's a trivia question for you.

Question:What is one of the top questions asked in zone chat?
Answer: Where can I buy identification

Funny thing is people are buying them from the auction house for more then they cost in the AD store.. this is true for identification scrolls and lesser identification scrolls... not the greater scrolls of identification. <--- Don't you love how they change the wording for one of them.

They show amazing artwork and only talk about how beautiful the game is to avoid attention from the actual game and the problems it's plagued which is...

Op op op op op oppan gangnamstyle.

correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit:Made Less Offensive to prevent closing of thread. Warned by Community Manager.

Edit:I Miss the old Heading, It was pretty and made me laugh.
Post edited by bigredlunchbox on

Comments

• Options
    samanthyasamanthya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 98
    edited May 2013
    Foundry needed to be fixed, it was being exploited. Is the current version the final form? I doubt it, but it needed to be addressed asap and they did just that!

Pvp in EVERY game is full of that, it's a fact of life. This one just doesn't require third party software yet to make it happen, even when it does, it'll still happen. They need to add in a deserter timer is all.

Auction house is buggy, can't argue on this one.

Mail system is also silly. They need an option to only get information for the game you're on. Maybe they'll add that.

Gems drop by the bucket loads if you know where to farm them, people are silly enough to pay that much for them so I'll continue to sell them for those prices.

As far as the ID scrolls go, you can lead a horse to water... I love selling ID scrolls for more then they cost me to buy. This is in every single game, new people don't know where to get something and just buy off the AH. Nothing new here. If people actually read the help files and tips that show up they'd know where to buy them. They don't, so I profit. Nothing to see here please move along.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You do realize by saying "read this and respond I dare you" that the chances of actually getting a response are like.. 10%. Probably closer to 0% after insulting them with the 'incompetent' part.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    samanthya wrote: »
    Foundry needed to be fixed, it was being exploited. Is the current version the final form? I doubt it, but it needed to be addressed asap and they did just that!

Pvp in EVERY game is full of that, it's a fact of life. This one just doesn't require third party software yet to make it happen, even when it does, it'll still happen. They need to add in a deserter timer is all.

Auction house is buggy, can't argue on this one.

Mail system is also silly. They need an option to only get information for the game you're on. Maybe they'll add that.

Gems drop by the bucket loads if you know where to farm them, people are silly enough to pay that much for them so I'll continue to sell them for those prices.

As far as the ID scrolls go, you can lead a horse to water... I love selling ID scrolls for more then they cost me to buy. This is in every single game, new people don't know where to get something and just buy off the AH. Nothing new here. If people actually read the help files and tips that show up they'd know where to buy them. They don't, so I profit. Nothing to see here please move along.

The patch did not fix the foundry exploit as you can still go on a ledge and AOE mobs. The fix merely got rid of the benefits of doing it and at the same time ruined other quests.. not a good patch and the problem is still there and has been since CO and STO.

The gem prices in auction house are lower then the AD store by a LARGE sum this shows the drop rate is either to common or the price the stores are offering is too high.. they do not balance well.

The reason people don't know where to buy ID scrolls is the game never tells you and has no decent guide.
  • Options
    ccoulterccoulter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013

You have a way for players to create quests called The Foundry. When I heard of this I instantly wondered if someone abused it to make an AOE farming map which I knew was possible because your software developers didn't take the time to make monster HP reset to full if they cannot path to you (Common in most games to prevent exploits). Now your way of fixing this problem is to completely mangle the experience/ItemDrop/GoldDrop in all Foundry maps effectively making them novel and useless.

That's a good point. Nerfing XP for the whole foundry system in response to an obvious exploit is a disappointing choice.

Also PvP is full of afking exp/glory farmers. PvP shouldn't give such a high amount of exp I know it helps prevent twinks but they can just leave right before its done and then reque and not gain exp.. so really it doesn't. I know it makes pvp fun because you can level while you do it but since it gives so much exp you get an afker 1/3 games. PvP needs to not give exp anymore sad but true, give us more rewards in the form of a variety of levels for gear and ranks.

Now you're saying nerfing XP for PVP arenas is the only solution but it's not OK for Foundry missions? You're undermining your own arguments. How about the PVP arenas base rewards on participation instead?

Mail system. Why do I care what my Fleet from almost a year ago is doing in STO... guess what.. I can't leave Fleet unless I download the game again. Why!? Just because you have more then 1 mmorpg doesn't mean you have to connect their mail system. I mean it wouldn't be so bad if I could check abunch of boxes then hit delete and delete them all but I have to do it 1 by 1.. which crashes my client a lot. This also pisses off anyone that uses the auction house a lot as you get a mailbox full of things pretty fast.

This was annoying. I also had to go through and deleted the mails I had. Do you still get new ones?
    Also the price on AD for rune stones and gems is hilariously high compared to their drop rate. Please play your own game and properly balance it. This is not a conventional open beta as you are selling your currency already. These issues should have been resolved in a proper closed beta and not a beta weekend invitation. You could have let the founders close beta test and gotta PAYING closed beta testers who most likely would have been dedicated to fixing many of these issues.

Auction House prices or AD vendor prices?. Prices in the auction house are proportionate to their values.
    Oh and here's a trivia question for you.

Question:What is one of the top questions asked in zone chat?
    Answer: Where can I buy identification

Funny thing is people are buying them from the auction house for more then they cost in the AD store.. this is true for identification scrolls and lesser identification scrolls... not the greater scrolls of identification. <--- Don't you love how they change the wording for one of them.

Thanks for the ProTip. I'll have to keep an eye out for those.
  • Options
    akrylumakrylum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    Reset game before release !
  • Options
    umbagloumbaglo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ccoulter wrote: »
    That's a good point. Nerfing XP for the whole foundry system in response to an obvious exploit is a disappointing choice.

On the other hand, though, reducing XP is a fast thing that solves the problem in the short term, while they work on a more nuanced solution.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ccoulter wrote: »

Now you're saying nerfing XP for PVP arenas is the only solution but it's not OK for Foundry missions? You're undermining your own arguments. How about the PVP arenas base rewards on participation instead?

This was annoying. I also had to go through and deleted the mails I had. Do you still get new ones?

Auction House prices or AD vendor prices?. Prices in the auction house are proportionate to their values.

Thanks for the ProTip. I'll have to keep an eye out for those.

The foundry exp I was upset about because there is no problem with foundry exp what-so-ever.. there is a problem with monster pathing and the health not resetting if you get to an untargetable location.. that bug still remains and could be used to abuse bosses and such to farm blues and do other things.

I explained why PVP can't have exp. There is no way to prevent simple afk bots in battlegrounds, I suggested giving rewards such as ranks/titles/items.

I Havent been paying attention I just check my Auctions daily and use the arrow key to navigate down the list and spam click the take button.

The price of items in auction houses are proportionate to their drop rate and the demand of the item not their "values" as they have an assigned value by the market....

Please read my pvp section again I believe we could agree on a solution that would be good for the pvp community and less attractive to the lazy free exp community.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    akrylum wrote: »
    Reset game before release !

First we might want to focus on the dev team being able to properly analyze a problem.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    umbaglo wrote: »
    On the other hand, though, reducing XP is a fast thing that solves the problem in the short term, while they work on a more nuanced solution.

This issue lays in the server code that is shared with STO and CO. They have had multiple years to change how it is done and have not even though they have been in business with the other mmo's and have launched them. So why haven't they fixed it yet?
  • Options
    bojangl3sbojangl3s Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep OP you're exactly right. The only way this nerf to foundry XP is viable is if it is a SHORT TERM patch, where in the future they reverse the nerf and make changes to mob AI to reset if they can't reach their target.

It's. That. ****ing. Simple.

Mob can't reach target doing damage --> Reset. That's all there is to it. No more exploits, foundries stay the ****ing same.

I don't expect an AI change in a matter of days, so I understand the emergency patch, but if it's not reversed then the game is dead, simple as that.
  • Options
    gohlargohlar Member Posts: 73
    edited May 2013
    They killed the foundry. This sucks.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Well they deleted some posts off here.. So they read it.
  • Options
    umbagloumbaglo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This issue lays in the server code that is shared with STO and CO. They have had multiple years to change how it is done and have not even though they have been in business with the other mmo's and have launched them. So why haven't they fixed it yet?

Well, I would posit that it's not as big of a problem in STO, most likely.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    umbaglo wrote: »
    Well, I would posit that it's not as big of a problem in STO, most likely.

Both games have different xp tables from what I can remember so this could be why. Aoe is also more viable in NWN then STO.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Servers are down so lets put this up there.