test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rogue PvP Rotation

jazzyjayjazzyjay Member Posts: 23 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Thieves' Den
Hi all i was wondering what the rotation is you all use for pvp and what skills you use

for me i use

Dazing strike first followed by lashing blade all whilst im in Stealth which doubles my damage

my sustain is pretty good (ie taking alot of hits)

what's every ones elses skill builds for pvp

Jay
What Was Lost Is Now Found Tomorrow Brings The Future;):):D:p:o:rolleyes::eek:
Post edited by jazzyjay on

Comments

• Options
    heartbreak55heartbreak55 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Teleport --> attack attack (usually people will double dodge by now)

dazing strike (insta hit because they dont have dodge)

stealth --> dashing strike
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Is any one bothering to do invocation before PVP as well? to get the extra buffs?

@Heartbreak55 thanks il try your rotation out
  • Options
    gigplaygigplay Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was actually really curious about this. It seems like all we can do is get like maybe 3-4 hits in before the other person dodges/runs away, and then stealth runs out and our encounters get used up rendering us pretty much defenseless at this point. Granted I've only started playing for a few days and haven't pvped yet, but I just don't get how rogues are "OP" like so many people have claimed when anyone who's decent enough to know how to move around and shift dodge can pretty much nullify a rogue every time.

The way I pictured the scenario is: you stealth, go up behind someone, attack them like 2 times with at-will --> quick dazing strike --> they run around --> teleport skill to get behind them --> lashing blade --> they dodge away...

So altogether that's like 3-4 hits but is that really enough to kill someone, especially someone who's tanky? Would love if someone could enlighten me on this subject.
  • Options
    papi032papi032 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can't use at-wills while in stealth because people notice and start moving. When they are moving you can't land dazing that easy. Dazing is always your opener out of stealth, also if you manage to get the 2 hits from Duelist Flurry before they start to run away, the animation fill follow them.. Meantime, lashing then smoke right before the daze effect runs out. Cloud of steel them to death.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ye but the wizard class w/e its called just owns us so hard that class is so op so much cc how do we beat it
  • Options
    kawingshekkawingshek Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    jazzyjay wrote: »
    ye but the wizard class w/e its called just owns us so hard that class is so op so much cc how do we beat it

Start off with lashing blade instead of dazing strike to perform critical hit damage on the target. Then follow it up with impact shot or cloud of steel to kill them off in range.

Or be cheap like me and attack when they are occupied.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kawingshek wrote: »
    Start off with lashing blade instead of dazing strike to perform critical hit damage on the target. Then follow it up with impact shot or cloud of steel to kill them off in range.

The other player would have to be really really bad if he died coz of that
  • Options
    edited May 2013

I think in the end this is really the only option for rogues if they wanna get kills, especially against players who know what they're doing.
  • Options
    valtrayvaltray Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wait you get smoke bomb and shadow strike. your life gets easier
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    But is shadow strike really worth an encounter slot in pvp? I mean it's pretty easy for players to just run around and dodge you when you're in stealth so aside from the dazing strike opener, stealth doesn't have a lot of uses in pvp considering the short duration and long recharge.
  • Options
    bloodysunday30bloodysunday30 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah I am wondering ow to be more effective as well as I approach 60. I agree that it seems hard to give up encuonter powers for utility moves like smoke bomb and bait and switch. Lashing Blade is a must I think and so is then do u get rid of deft strike or dazing ?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Same here. I just spent a few days lvling a rogue to 58 and now I'm not even sure if I'm going to be effective in pvp... But then again they're gonna release new skills in the future so there might be more pvp build possibilities... who knows.
  • Options
    imm0rtalboyimm0rtalboy Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I use special tactic :D and i think its work good against CW or any other classes
    Encounter i use Bait and switch to decoy then use stealth and dodge Lashing blade for damage and also dazing strike or sometimes i change it to impossible to catch
    At Will i use duelist flurry and cloud of steel to knock enemies from mount
    Daily courage breaker and lurker assault and im still lvl 48 with <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> gears :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    3 encounters = Dazing, Lashing and switching between Smoke Bomb/Deft/Impossible to Catch depending on the enemies class setup
  • Options
    trouttladtrouttlad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Personally i use Smoke bomb/Lashing Blade/ Deft strike typically you go in and use deft strike pop smoke bomb and then go to pound town on the person and to help with them running away after theyve dodged you can use deft strike to get several more hits and or even use cloud of steel
  • Options
    strawbyxstrawbyx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    sauronicksauronick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hey i play rogue aswell i was wondering if my "style" is any good or bad... share ur opinion plz i rly want to make this rogue good in pvp

this is my character and the way i play it its 39 lvl tho but i think im not that bad right ??? if i am say it plz ;]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScokL5KEXW0
  • Options
    iikill4funiikill4fun Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sauronick wrote: »
    hey i play rogue aswell i was wondering if my "style" is any good or bad... share ur opinion plz i rly want to make this rogue good in pvp

this is my character and the way i play it its 39 lvl tho but i think im not that bad right ??? if i am say it plz ;]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScokL5KEXW0

Bro, you fasten the video too much, I can hardly see anything happening down the floor lol. Anyway IMO Duelist flurry isn't a good pvp choice, I tried and many times the combo just can't finish before I got stun or dazed by others. Lashing Blade is very good to use, path of blades a good choice to confuse enemy, we don't have much aoe, so great for both pvp and pve
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    trouttlad wrote: »
    Personally i use Smoke bomb/Lashing Blade/ Deft strike typically you go in and use deft strike pop smoke bomb and then go to pound town on the person and to help with them running away after theyve dodged you can use deft strike to get several more hits and or even use cloud of steel

Hmm is Smoke Bomb a better replacement for Dazing blade? Sometimes I wonder why dazed should be unmoveable hahaha, people just run away after being dazed
  • Options
    sauronicksauronick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    iikill4fun wrote: »
    Bro, you fasten the video too much, I can hardly see anything happening down the floor lol. Anyway IMO Duelist flurry isn't a good pvp choice, I tried and many times the combo just can't finish before I got stun or dazed by others. Lashing Blade is very good to use, path of blades a good choice to confuse enemy, we don't have much aoe, so great for both pvp and pve
    hmm yeah thx for advices im still testing duelist flurry sometiles its very usefull but most of the times its wasted ;/ for daily im planing to use shocking execution and lurkers assault donno if its best choice or not. ofc im gonna use lashing blade
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Whirlwind of blades is mega awesome in a big fight.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    papi032 wrote: »
    Whirlwind of blades is mega awesome in a big fight.

I Conqure this is an epic skill has any one actually tryed it out in Domination?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I Conqure this is an epic skill has any one actually tryed it out in Domination?

With my no so great gear 9k damage to each person in a small radius is helluva good abilty
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ye i used it in the /39 arena was devastating
  • Options
    edited May 2013

It's has great damage, and very good for Pve as well, but I think Blood path is better because of the damage immune, and it actually last hit on others, so I can dish out more combos whilst behind them
  • Options
    ragemonkey83ragemonkey83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013

doesnt work when they run shield, that ignores first 3 hits , lashing being ignored is enough to move a TR to tears.....
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    doesnt work when they run shield, that ignores first 3 hits , lashing being ignored is enough to move a TR to tears.....

I cry every time i see it blocked and usaly scream on stream :(
  • Options
    cracklolcracklol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I see so many TR's using Dazing strike, and while I understand the effect it has is nice when you land it but outside of stealth anyone with half a brain won't get hit by it.

My personal set up is typically Deft Strike, ITC, and Smoke Bomb, my dailies consist of Lurking Shadow and Shocking Execution. The Downfall of the build is the lack of burst but i believe it is made up for by its high durability. With the rampant amount of CW's in PVP i feel ITC is a 100% must take, not only does it increase your survivability tenfold against CW's it renders other TR's with dazing strike or smoke bomb useless, allows you to if time correctly completely negate all damage (Ice Knife, GWF Tab Ability, Shocking Execution, and many other high dmg abilities) for a short duration. Smoke bomb is the only ability in my build that I sometimes swap in and out for lashing cut but only when I feel that there is an opposing player that needs to be bursted down quickly IE clerics caught outside of their astral armor.
  • Options
    aveanavean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shadow strike, dazing strike, smoke bomb, 15% AP gen, speed/crit/deflect, Lurking + shocking.