test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Foundry spawn issue

shiinchan01shiinchan01 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Alright so I have a TON of questions but this is the biggest one and most important.

K so I have a map that has an elevated "spawn in zone" and when I try to get it to spawn on that "deck" we will call it.. it spawns on the nearest true ground under the deck, I even place the Y at 0.2 above the Y of the deck (example, Deck, Y: 5 Spawn, Y: 5.2 to 5.5) yet it still spawns at the lowest map point (when I mean map point, I mean the closest part of the stock map / room that is not a detail add) How do i get it to spawn on the deck (also have the same problem with Encounters and NPC's) I tried to have the override height set to Geometry and that does not work either.

Alright, so to clarify more.. The issue happens when I play on that map only (especially right clicking play map) but it seems if I start playing from an earlier point in the story, it loads up correctly.

EDIT:

Ok so the way you get things to sit ontop of geomotry like spawns or npc is make sure your y relative is selected to the same thing, in my case I select terrain. Then you can set you Y value properly. As user tilt42 said, make sure it is quite a few feet above what you think the floor is. NPC and SPAWNS will happen at the floor, not above in the air.
Post edited by shiinchan01 on

Comments

• Options
    tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You should place the encounter further above the area where you want it than a mere 0.2. Place it 3-5 feet above.
  • Options
    shiinchan01shiinchan01 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tilt42 wrote: »
    You should place the encounter further above the area where you want it than a mere 0.2. Place it 3-5 feet above.

Yea I got it figured out now :D I will post an edit fix for those who do not know