test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Need Overrides!

leinahtanwcleinahtanwc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
I have a little problem at the moment - Encounters are reporting that I need to place a monster in a proper location. Upon loading my map, the monsters appear exactly where I want them and they behave as normal. I have almost finished updating my module (added 2 new zones, 1 introductory zone, 1 ending zone, new start) and this bug/trick I am doing is going to end up being the most boring section unless I can override these errors. These errors are just a safety net for beginners.

I won't reveal exactly what I am doing at the moment (want it to be a surprise), but when I am done, I will announce what I have done. Its amusing, but kind of dry at the moment if I can't add the monsters.
Post edited by leinahtanwc on

Comments

• kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can't override the error messages. They are there for a reason.
  • leinahtanwcleinahtanwc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I have confirmed they are unnecessary. I stuck "two" skeletons in a single spot. I loaded up the map up, they were there, I killed them, I ran through the rest of the dungeon. When I get back into the foundry, it says "These Skeletons Need a proper location!"... I manually inputted their X,Y, Z coordinates to work perfectly.
  • tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As kamaliicious, those error messages are there for a reason, and in this case probably as a result of the latest patch. Enemies shouldn't be directly on top of each other.
  • leinahtanwcleinahtanwc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Not on top of each other either. They are "out of bounds" on the map rooms. For example, if you dragged an encounter on an indoor map and stuck it outside of the room. It thinks its not in a room.

I guess I should elaborate on what I'm doing. I created a whole map involving floating platforms, stair cases, and rocks in a void - only possible by a portal trick. Everything works and of course, laying the map out was a pain - no 3D editor and I you had to measure everything out and record values and tune with constant replays. Once the whole layout was done, I then tried sticking a monster encounter, and that's when it went nuts. Of course, when I loaded the map up, the skeletons were on the floating platform like I expected in the void and they attacked. Its the confines of the "room" requirement its complaining about.

I thought of this design when i realized there was an absolute floor when you fell outside of your level during my many edits. Falling off the platforms results in a giant SPLAT.
  • shiinchan01shiinchan01 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Then you probably wont be able to do what you what.

Error messages show up for a reason, the system is not full yet (I hope not at least) so you may not be able to do what you want.
    edited May 2013
    Well, I just uploaded the updated map.

Bones and Brimstone
    Last Published: 2013-05-05
    NW-DF45C6ZUG

I assume that ID code I gave is "outdated" (last published date is wrong ;p ) and there will be a new one. The new version is 0.8.5. The old is 0.8.1 or plain 0.8.
    edited May 2013
    I think what we need is an outdoors, completely empty map with kill volumes along the bottom that we can build stuff like this on. I've had a similar idea for my own campaign, and completely support such a feature.
    edited May 2013
    tilt42 wrote: »
    I think what we need is an outdoors, completely empty map with kill volumes along the bottom that we can build stuff like this on. I've had a similar idea for my own campaign, and completely support such a feature.

Well, it finally uploaded and finished if you want to take a look at it. The "empty" map is at the end, and you can tell I intended to put monster encounters on the big platforms but couldn't ;p. The void section is the last bit - sorry you will have to dig through the first half to see it ;p

Of course I intend to keep adding more and more detail to this map over time ;p, so some rooms are bland at the moment.

***actually... now that you mention it... I could possibly translate my void map to an outdoor segment. Maps are much taller than you expect - the fall literally crushes you when you fall off. Hmm. Sleep now, I'll try copying/pasting all the platforms over to an outdoor map tomorrow.
    edited May 2013
    ***actually... now that you mention it... I could possibly translate my void map to an outdoor segment. Maps are much taller than you expect - the fall literally crushes you when you fall off. Hmm. Sleep now, I'll try copying/pasting all the platforms over to an outdoor map tomorrow.

Interesting idea. Coupled with black fog, you might not even be able to see the ground, and we've already got a sky that is completely black.

Is your quest solo? If so, I'll give it a spin tomorrow to see what you've done with it.
  • zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My new quest I've been working on, the outdoor zone ceiling is lower than I would like actually. I'll try yours today and see what you've got going on.
    edited May 2013
    Well, I re-created the outdoor "void" using the "Ocean" tileset. The highest it can go without glitching is about Y = 900. If you go above Y = 900, you might jump "out of the box" and jammed your character in space. Anyway...

Graphically, I don't see how I am going to remove the "floor". Right now its a giant black square in the far distance and I am currently tinkering with the lighting to make it disappear but no luck at the moment. The new map with encounters in the void is not up yet, so you will have to wait some more.
  • raphaeldisantoraphaeldisanto Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, I just uploaded the updated map.

Bones and Brimstone
    Last Published: 2013-05-05
    NW-DF45C6ZUG

I assume that ID code I gave is "outdated" (last published date is wrong ;p ) and there will be a new one. The new version is 0.8.5. The old is 0.8.1 or plain 0.8.
    Just FYI, the shortcode remains the same, regardless of the quest version or however many times you publish. It will always be valid for your quest :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]