test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Subscription Option alongside Free to Play

unrealofficialunrealofficial Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm sure I'm not the only one who would want to see an optional subscription model implemented into Neverwinter; I'm not going to rant about it but I'm posting this thread to see interest and see if the devs take any notice of us.
Post edited by unrealofficial on

Comments

• Options
    zuluzulutozuluzuluto Member Posts: 112
    edited May 2013
    As one of the more vocal bashers of this games payment model, I have often asked this very question.

No answer.
    If I havent offended you today....dont worry!!!....there's always tomorrow. Of course, you could also go to here for all I care.
  • Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Never going to happen.
    Pwe doesn't believe in it ergo cryptic doesnt believe in it.

If they knew of an out they would remove subs from their older games
    Why can't we have nice things?
  • Options
    daremo069daremo069 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can see it happening once the game goes live, not while in beta. Less than 10 years ago they had to pay people to test games, now they get it for free, why would they mess that up by getting a Sub system going?
  • Options
    bpphantombpphantom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would absolutely pay a sub, dropping back to premium when my schedule didn't allow me the time to play. I would expect a monthly Zen stipend (apparently STO did this), and most new additions for free as long as my sub was kept up.
    - bpphantom

Grace, Tiefling Devoted Cleric

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Then leave the rest to Batman."
  • Options
    sandolphansandolphan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would subscribe, which is funny cause I am sure I wont spend $15 a month in the cash shop lol
  • Options
    isakongmingisakongming Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If they added a sub and created a player class system where some are treated better than others it would hurt them in the long run, those F2P games never stay at high population nor do they make the kind of money full F2P games make. And no, it is not debatable, F2P has been around since 1996 so there is almost 20 years worth of F2P data to prove its true. DDO is the only successful western F2P game on the market and it got there by removing subscriptions totally...yes, even if you believe the EA hype that SWTOR is a massive success, I would point you to the now former head of EA that said otherwise as he left the building for the service entrance as he spoke of making a mistake hiding information from shareholders about it.
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm sure I'm not the only one who would want to see an optional subscription model implemented into Neverwinter; I'm not going to rant about it but I'm posting this thread to see interest and see if the devs take any notice of us.

So long as it doesn't give free respecs that sounds fine.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What would it include ? You already can do every map , pvp , max level , use mail all for FREE ! this is stuff you pay subs for in other games .
    More bank space ? and then when you sub runs out you lose the space ? SWtOR is ' free ' with a sub plan . The free game is very limited and the sub doesn't give you free bank space even it just lets you play the rest of the game .
  • Options
    itdude123itdude123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They need a SUB for the Zen shop not the game. Several options would work here and be universal to all of their games.

1. Automatically recurring monthly Zen SUB. Say 10% bonus Zen on that.
    2. 6 month pre-pay. Say 15% bonus zen on that.
    3. One year pre-pay, 20% bonus... etc etc.

To be honest they kind of have a little of that model in the current price points but the bonus levels seem a bit low for one time purchases.
  • Options
    milodacatmilodacat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    DDO is the only successful western F2P game on the market and it got there by removing subscriptions totally...

Doesnt DDO have a VIP plan with 1/3/6/12 month subscription options?
  • Options
    isakongmingisakongming Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    milodacat wrote: »
    Doesnt DDO have a VIP plan with 1/3/6/12 month subscription options?

Yes. they did create a VIP plan about 6 months ago to try to make up for the departure of most of their players. They started out with a VIP when they went F2P and didn't do well, then they dropped it and lowered their shop prices and were very successful for a few years, now they are hurting. The VIP option was created for the diehards to make sure the game continues. Much like Asherons Call, its still going but with only around 5k players.
  • Options
    valtrayvaltray Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Perfect World will never allow this.
    They're all about 1 thing.
    Pay2respec.
    err.. f2p
    o wait.

But they should allow it.
  • Options
    milodacatmilodacat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the info (isakongming) :)
  • Options
    koldmiserkoldmiser Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 131
    edited May 2013
    After playing this for a while now I can say I would totally pay a sub for this.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only reason why Star Trek Online and Champions Online have subscriptions still while all of PWE's other games don't is due to lifetime subscriptions in those games. If lifetime subscriptions didn't exist, then Star Trek Online and Champions Online would be completely F2P as well instead of being freemium. The only way PWE would go back to the subscription model is if the current trend toward MMOs change to subscriptions instead of F2P and PWE loses a ton of money due to it or PWE drops Cryptic and Cryptic is purchased by a company that only deals with subscriptions. Therefore, all future Cryptic and PWE games will be completely F2P for the forseeable future.