test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Prophecy of Doom -- Best heal in game?

vornado71vornado71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 67
edited May 2013 in The Temple
I am looking at the paragon power "Second Sight" -- When Prophecy of Doom ends, it disperses 2/4/6/8/10% of the targets health to you and all allies near the target.

Has anyone tested this? I am thinking 10% of a boss's hit points would be ALOT!
Post edited by vornado71 on

Comments

• kaelon79kaelon79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited April 2013
    I would see it as counterintuitive as when a fight first starts you are in less need of heals but would get the biggest heal, while invertly when the boss is about dead and the party is in dire straights using all they have to finish the job the heals would be meaningless.

Also as there are some boss mechanics I have seen where they start using stronger abilities and or calling more minions as they get lower in health.
  • vestinious1vestinious1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This is true in regards to the bosses HP going down and so a smaller heal but it would be a bonus to the cast anyway, and as Bastion is a long cast without Divinity it would be mixed in with other heals.

Does anyone have a full list of the spells and feats from BW4 to compare against ?
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited April 2013
    It's a great spell, not just for bosses but trash mobs as well. The amount of AP it refills is astounding.
  • vornado71vornado71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 67
    edited April 2013
    kaelon79 wrote: »
    I would see it as counterintuitive as when a fight first starts you are in less need of heals but would get the biggest heal, while invertly when the boss is about dead and the party is in dire straights using all they have to finish the job the heals would be meaningless.

Also as there are some boss mechanics I have seen where they start using stronger abilities and or calling more minions as they get lower in health.

I am following your logic of when the boss has less HP's that 10% would be less of a heal. But when I watch a lvl 52 video of a rogue DPSing a boss and is hitting very fast for 15k, 14k, 13k and barely making a dent in the HP bar I still think the heal would be very significant.
  • conrad1092conrad1092 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vornado71 wrote: »
    I am looking at the paragon power "Second Sight" -- When Prophecy of Doom ends, it disperses 2/4/6/8/10% of the targets health to you and all allies near the target.

Has anyone tested this? I am thinking 10% of a boss's hit points would be ALOT!

Except this is not accurate information. It does 5/10/15/20/25% of the damage done as a heal, not % of the targets health.
  • streamofsolacestreamofsolace Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I suspect that you will find a lot of inaccurate information if you go back through all of the posts from beta...