test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Foundry worthless and PvP a joke.

kittykaswickkittykaswick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So we are all famalier with what happened to the foundry, just an example, i killed 35 mobs and received 1540 xp and 2 drops which were defense potions, useless even for doing a "dungeon master" type of quest. So there goes being able to level in the foundry.

So now lets look at pvp a bit. Not only is their a huge curve if you dont have any pvp gear, should be a GS check in pvp matchs at least. So we all know how CW and Rogues are insane in pvp and with no diminishing returns it exacerbates it. Not only do we have teams being camped in their bind spots and other team members being able to jump up and bind camp them. Looks like we have a new one for the books.

Seems that if you are a leader in a group during pvp you can kick everyone out before the match is over and all the pvp points go to you. So lets look at this again. If you are dropped from a pvp match the other members get more glory and such, so lets now drop EVERYONE from the group and then you have 1 person getting everything lol.
Post edited by kittykaswick on

Comments

• hardc0reyhardc0rey Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You don't get more glory for winning with less people.
    Hardcorey
    Dorks with Tranquilizers
  • kittykaswickkittykaswick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hardc0rey wrote: »
    You don't get more glory for winning with less people.

Try it and see what happens.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Did one of my normal story-based "Foundry Daily" quests (still looking for other good ones). Got 5.5 bars of XP, several items, a couple kits, a couple runes, etc. Yes, less items than before, but still some.

Seemed fine to me. /shrug

But, then, I already thought I was leveling too fast (didn't want to do my dailies for AD, because it was making me outlevel the zone quests.)
  • sgsteihlsgsteihl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    Kind of funny. I created a foundry quest, that's EXTREMELY challenging to solo, however, the first time I ran it I went from about half way through 25, to level 27. So foundry quest experience wise isn't worthless. I also filled 48 inventory slots running it. There are foundry quests out there that have more meat than story, you just have to find them. In so far as only killing 35 mobs in that foundry quest, out of curiosity, how long did that foundry quest take? Mine has 50 Encounters. Meaning more than likely over 150 mobs. I wouldn't run a foundry quest that only had 34 mobs. It'd be a waste of my time, unless I really really liked the lore.
  • beardyalebellybeardyalebelly Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    sgsteihl wrote: »
    Kind of funny. I created a foundry quest, that's EXTREMELY challenging to solo, however, the first time I ran it I went from about half way through 25, to level 27. So foundry quest experience wise isn't worthless. I also filled 48 inventory slots running it. There are foundry quests out there that have more meat than story, you just have to find them. In so far as only killing 35 mobs in that foundry quest, out of curiosity, how long did that foundry quest take? Mine has 50 Encounters. Meaning more than likely over 150 mobs. I wouldn't run a foundry quest that only had 34 mobs. It'd be a waste of my time, unless I really really liked the lore.

The OP is probably referring to the many Ogre farm foundry missions out there, where they stack 25+ defenseless ogres in a box for people to AoE to death and powerlevel. This is the reason they had to nerf some of the foundry rewards, because of this leveling exploit.

I don't see any problem with the new Foundry quest. If you compare it to the amount of xp you get for doing the main storyline, it's the same. The people complaining about the Foundry now are just upset because they can't farm helpless ogres and rake in the xp and loots.
    BEARDY
    -= Dark Star Syndicate - Heavy RP, Dark Themes =-
    Website Recruitment
  • infinityzeroduninfinityzerodun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Tons of crying now that you can't exploit leveling in foundry it shouldn't be faster to level in anyway.