test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ebons Dawn... too OP!

masislak5masislak5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I need to hear people opinions on playing through Ebons Dawn questlines...

Those mobs needs absolute nerf according to how much zombies does one spawn + on this level (35) my cleric is useless because she won't stand chance against tons of damage the mobs give... and well having cleric dead is sure death of me (like it would even change something if the cleric was alive)...

I am playing as Rouge mostly on critical but the change that came after Helms Hold is too high...
Post edited by masislak5 on

Comments

• samanthyasamanthya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 98
    edited May 2013
    You're doing it wrong. Fix your feats and powers. Run some dungeons and get some better gear or drop 1-2k ad and just buy some upgrades from the broker. It's definitely not the zone that is the issue.
  • kittykaswickkittykaswick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    masislak5 wrote: »
    I need to hear people opinions on playing through Ebons Dawn questlines...

Those mobs needs absolute nerf according to how much zombies does one spawn + on this level (35) my cleric is useless because she won't stand chance against tons of damage the mobs give... and well having cleric dead is sure death of me (like it would even change something if the cleric was alive)...

I am playing as Rouge mostly on critical but the change that came after Helms Hold is too high...

Wait till higher levels when you have insane amounts of mobs everywhere. The idea is to make content more challenging as you level up not just throw 15 more mobs in spawn locations.
  • itdude123itdude123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, that zone is a tactic check for sure. You need to slow down and analyze how you are approaching it. Go into tough fights with your daily charged up etc. It's not too hard just takes some thought.
  • beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mt. Hotenow or whatever it's called make Ebons stuff seem like a beautiful day at the beach
  • kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    idk I totally skipped ebon downs and went straight to Vellosk, cuz by the time finished helms deep I was level 36. And Ebon downs said it was a 35 zone and Vellosk is a 38.

But I'm blazing through Vellosk like it's nobody's business, so I assume ebon downs would've been even easier.

Are you dodging attacks?

Are you standing in huge red circles?

Cuz I skipped the zone entirely, and im not having a hard time in the next one :/
  • itdude123itdude123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    beaghan1 wrote: »
    Mt. Hotenow or whatever it's called make Ebons stuff seem like a beautiful day at the beach

Flaming death! Yeah that was a tough zone. Kept me on my rougish toes for sure.
  • quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, I also found Ebons Down a big jump in difficulty. It's just so easy to get dogpiled in there. The content I've done since then has actually seemed easier.
    edited May 2013
    Reminded me .... the Mindflayers in the last 60 zone... OMG! Fastest I have ever died so far.
  • valtrayvaltray Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zombies move slow as hell.. you can easily kite them.
  • elawynelawyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A swarm of zombies is a rogues worst nightmare. As a rogue tho, I didn't have too much trouble in Ebon Downs, mainly from being a little careful on drawing aggro and carefully picking targets.
  • kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    valtray wrote: »
    zombies move slow as hell.. you can easily kite them.

Pretty sure this is a code 18
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rofl my problem was the crypts later on towards end of the map . I cant move enough to dodge attacks in there .
  • clurdgeclurdge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    labbb wrote: »
    Rofl my problem was the crypts later on towards end of the map . I cant move enough to dodge attacks in there .

Move them back from their spawn (parts you cleared) there is pleanty of room to dodge. I agree difficulty moves up a lot here, but I do not think it too much....it is a good way to push you into playing class better...and u will probably die some. First game in awhile I have had "hard" encounters in solo content and I am really liking it.
  • suspectdwesuspectdwe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rogue... It's rogue...
  • samanthyasamanthya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 98
    edited May 2013
    Go go underdark!!! Drow+Illithid's+Duerger = win