test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Old Ioun vs new Ioun costs

tiryxtiryx Member Posts: 37 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
1000 trade bars for an uncommon Ioun Stone = roughly 11250 zen spent on keys(if you are lucky to get 10 bars per nightmare box, sometimes you get less). 2000 zen for the new rare Ioun Stone. Is my math wrong? I feel cheated because I bought the uncommon Ioun Stone days ago. Had I know this was going to be released I would have saved my zen. Hoping that this can be made right. :(
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    aveanavean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the rare one existed during beta, was removed so more would buy the cat since it was so popular.
    You need to remember the bars are not the only thing you got from the lockboxes. if you were lucky you may of gotten the mount or plague etc, or blue assets, and made most of the zen back. but ya the green one was horrid- was foolish.
  • Options
    umbagloumbaglo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To be fair, if the bonuses are identical for each one, eventually you'll be able to buy items to upgrade the green to blue, and both to purple.
  • Options
    leomutretaleomutreta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yay the rare Ioun stone is back... and so cheap. I'm glad I waited instead of buying that good for nothing crappy green one.
  • Options
    aad79aad79 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One says "Might" and other says "allure" does that change anything? Or do they both do the exact same thing? I'm thinking of buying the new one.
  • Options
    elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You get way more than bars from nightmare chests. To do a true picture of the value you'd have to convert all the other gains into AD and then zen first. I'm pretty sure you'd net well ahead in boxes.
  • Options
    tiryxtiryx Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elyrielle wrote: »
    You get way more than bars from nightmare chests. To do a true picture of the value you'd have to convert all the other gains into AD and then zen first. I'm pretty sure you'd net well ahead in boxes.

I agree with you there. And I know it's a random grab bag of what you get. I wasn't lucky though and only got the bird companion, and mostly runestones and enchants. But I see what you are saying. Had I known they were going to release the rare Ioun I would have spent my bars elsewhere though XD My loss :(
  • Options
    xmeanseason305xxmeanseason305x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    quick question...has anyone tested using the Eldtirch runestune in it's defense slot in hopes of stacking it's return ontop of the Allure stones passive summoning bonus?..

P.S any word on when we can level it from 25-30?

thanks in advance
  • Options
    arktourosxarktourosx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    aad79 wrote: »
    One says "Might" and other says "allure" does that change anything? Or do they both do the exact same thing? I'm thinking of buying the new one.

The Green Might stone is 3 offense slots.

The Blue Alure stone is 2 offense slots and a defensive slot.

Also if the Blue Stone levels up to 25 then you can get the 3rd equipment slot unlocked so it'd still be a net positive. I have 1100 bars was going to be buying the green stone but with the release today I am not so sure.
    nwsignature.jpg
  • Options
    notdrizztnotdrizzt Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    quick question...has anyone tested using the Eldtirch runestune in it's defense slot in hopes of stacking it's return ontop of the Allure stones passive summoning bonus?..

thanks in advance

I would also like to know this.
  • Options
    negnarlodennegnarloden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I did try with the green loun stone and one of the enchants with on-hit effect. It only gives basic stats to the wearer, no on-hit effects etc. -> Only power/crit etc
  • Options
    unspecifiederrorunspecifiederror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

thanks in advance

I have the cat instead, but I assume it works the same, and yes eldritch runestones give X% of ALL stats on my cat. So, for example, my cat gives me 100 crit and I add a rank 7 Eldritch for a 8.5% bonus and now my cat would give 108.5% crit. This happens for ALL stats the cat gives, including equipment. This makes it better to have your best ring, amulet, and belt on your cat since you can get over 100% of the stats from it.

Note: The X% increase from eldritch is NOT shown on the companion page but it does show on your stat page. E.g. companion page would say you get 100 crit but if you dismissed/summoned you would notice a 108 crit added to your stats.