test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Where did my Zen come from?

edgenwedgenw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
There are probably posts on this already, but because "Zen" is a short word the search engine wouldn't allow it.

When I look at the cash shop in-game, my character seems to have some Zen already (about ~600), although I've never made a zen purchase in my life. A friend of mine has the same situation, although she only has ~200 Zen (but has never purchased any either). Another friends of ours has no (zero) Zen.

For the life of us we can't figure out why some of us have Zen and others don't, and why the amounts differ. Is there something we're missing?

On top of this, when we actual go to the Zen wallet on the website, it claims we all have zero Zen. Thus, I am actually scared to purchase Zen because (since in-game and out of game are showing different amounts) I'm not sure if an out-of-game purchase will be recognized by the store in-game.

Any ideas?
Post edited by edgenw on

Comments

• Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Did you accidentally spend AD to buy Zen? you can do that you know spend AD to buy Zen.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edgenwedgenw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Did you accidentally spend AD to buy Zen? you can do that you know spend AD to buy Zen.

No. We first noticed we had these varying amounts of Zen within minutes of appearing in the game world, during the tutorial with our first characters (obviously no astral diamonds available yet at that point).

Any other ideas?
  • Options
    angpeasant007angpeasant007 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are you subscribed to CO or STO? Have you ever been subscribed to them? Because Zen is universal between these three games. I came into Neverwinter with 124 Zen (1 Zen away from buying a lockbox key :/) because I had subscribed to CO and that is what was left of my monthly stipend.
  • Options
    umbagloumbaglo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The wallet shows a different amount because you transfer zen from your account to specific games, except for situations like STO where you can purchase zen for that game specifically through the Steam Wallet.

Normally you buy zen for your account, then specifically move the amount of zen you want in one of the PW games into that game, removing it from your account balance.

Now, regarding your starting value? It could be leftovers from a different PW game. I have basically a quarter in my account in NW, and I'm pretty sure that it's leftovers from a purchase I made for STO.
  • Options
    thescrapkingthescrapking Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are literally hundreds of people, including myself who have bought Zen since at least yesterday and have not received it. Something is wonky with their system. It will be HILARIOUS if the problem turns out to be Zen being credited to the wrong accounts.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Are you subscribed to CO or STO? Have you ever been subscribed to them? Because Zen is universal between these three games. I came into Neverwinter with 124 Zen (1 Zen away from buying a lockbox key :/) because I had subscribed to CO and that is what was left of my monthly stipend.

We are both lifetime members in STO. However, the monthly stipend STO Zen can't be transferred to other games, it's only usable in STO. :( I actually have 9,000+ something Zen there from stipends.

Hmm.. however, it's possible we both had some leftover self-purchased Cryptic currency in our STO wallets prior to the merger with Perfect World. Did that currency get turned into generic Zen, usable in any game?
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    edgenw wrote: »
    We are both lifetime members in STO. However, the monthly stipend STO Zen can't be transferred to other games, it's only usable in STO. :( I actually have 9,000+ something Zen there from stipends.

Hmm.. however, it's possible we both had some leftover self-purchased Cryptic currency in our STO wallets prior to the merger with Perfect World. Did that currency get turned into generic Zen, usable in any game?

Yes. Once it converted to zen you needed to go to your wallet and transfer the zen to the specific game you wanted it in. So it sounds like you had some left over Cryptic Currency.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    angpeasant007angpeasant007 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    edgenw wrote: »

I think so. I know I was able to spend mine no problem, but any other Zen I purchased ($10 for extra characters) had to be assigned to a specific game. My previous Zen WAS from before the merger, so that might be it :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yes. Once it converted to zen you needed to go to your wallet and transfer the zen to the specific game you wanted it in. So it sounds like you had some left over Cryptic Currency.

That's probably where it came from, then.. old STO cryptic cash purchases. However, the ~600 Zen I have only shows up in Neverwinter's shop interface (and my character panel). But when I go to https://billing.perfectworld.com/mywallet it shows 0 in my Zen total and 0 Zen available for transfer (from any game). What gives?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    As was mentioned, the Zen balance in the PW wallet is for your account. Once you transfer it to a game, it's removed from your account, even if it's not spent; because it's no longer available for transfer.

In other words, if you have never bought Zen from the billing page, then the wallet saying 0 is not surprising. That's intentional.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Member Posts: 6,694 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Zen some people are missing even that they have bought it, is spread around randomly. Blame the goblins.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    umbaglo wrote: »
    As was mentioned, the Zen balance in the PW wallet is for your account. Once you transfer it to a game, it's removed from your account, even if it's not spent; because it's no longer available for transfer.

In other words, if you have never bought Zen from the billing page, then the wallet saying 0 is not surprising. That's intentional.
    That makes sense, but there are a few problems with that explanation: 1) I never transferred Zen from my PW wallet to the Neverwinter game. 2) If I try to transfer Zen from the Neverwinter game to my wallet, it says I have 0 Zen to transfer. And yet inside Neverwinter I have a balance of ~600 Zen (which, supposedly, is left over Cryptic currency from my STO days).
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You can't transfer Zen from a game to your account, only from your account to a game.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    umbaglo wrote: »
    You can't transfer Zen from a game to your account, only from your account to a game.

Ah, got it. Hmm, well, that begs the question.. why did Zen from STO get transferred to Neverwinter, when it was originally purchased in STO?
  • Options
    lsyalsya Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I started NW with 45z and I have no idea where it came from. I've never purchased zen before NW. And the stipends from STO and CO are locked to those games, so they can't be used elsewhere.

Very strange...in a good way.
    L'sya Raiya
  • Options
    fr0gurtfr0gurt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Normally the lifetime subscriber stipends from Champions Online or Star Trek Online are bound to their respective games. However when Cryptic changed their cash shop currency from Cryptic Points to PWE's Zen, the converted stipends were apparently transferred to the generic "wallet" account rather than kept with their games.
  • Options
    burnthebanks187burnthebanks187 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i was wondering where the zen i bought when....guess ill be doing a chargeback.