test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

nerfd foundry

kukagenkykukagenky Member Posts: 18 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
So I just did a foundry quest a got. Half of a section of the little bars.I say this was a little to much.
neverwinter: PEINEXDEM(warlock)31*----PEINEX(trickster rouge)70
ethersaga: PEINEXDEM(yaoh conjurer)75*
http://www.youtube.com/c/ridingwithwolftvv
I used to be an adventure like you until I took a dagger to the chest
Post edited by kukagenky on

Comments

• Options
    mysterionmysterion Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Unfortunatly the few ruin it for the many with all the stupid get xp fast etc quests that were in the foundry.
    Why not try my first foundry mission with a good story if you fancy a adventure.
    The Rule of Lord Infernos
    NW-DC9P6Q161
    @blasteron01
  • Options
    chonir01chonir01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    More concerned about the massive nerf to drops in foundry. This was how I supported my dungeon crawls .. pots and injury kits aint free !!
  • Options
    angpeasant007angpeasant007 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Half a level (a level having 10 bubbles) or half a bub (1/20 of a level)? I'm curious because I'd like to level an ALT through the Foundry to see what other people have to offer.
  • Options
    fockbichgetcashfockbichgetcash Banned Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Half a level (a level having 10 bubbles) or half a bub (1/20 of a level)? I'm curious because I'd like to level an ALT through the Foundry to see what other people have to offer.

1/20th of a level I'm pretty sure he meant.
  • Options
    xworndownxxworndownx Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After playing my map I got 1/2 a level (10 bubbles) and plenty of loot to go with that. Perfectly fine with the changes. Not much less than before and encourages farming outside of foundry maps.
  • Options
    mostrandomistmostrandomist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 75
    edited May 2013
    I don't get it, is cryptic TRYING to kill this game. Who's going to play foundry quests if they don't give exp comparable to the vanilla quests /mobs, and without any place-able chests? Seriously the Foundry is the only thing this game has going for it. The Vanilla game has no variation in area's between characters, It's already starting to get old making my third character.

Either they accept the fact that some people are going to try and power level, and make the foundry capable of creating content indistinguishable from developer content. Or they place so many limitations on the Foundry that nobody wants to play it, and therefore kills the incentive for anybody to create content and in the process destroys any replayablity this game has...

Unfortunately, it seems like they've decided to kill the game instead of making something great, and wholly original in the mmo world. Which is too bad, if players could create content on par with dev content, this game would garner a huge and dedicated player base like all games with extensive modding community's have.

But the route they've taken, making the foundry completely not worth the time, pretty much ensures that this game will see a greatly dwindling population as time goes on. Especially when TESO or Wildstar or any other new mmo is released. Deciding to dilute the strongest aspect of this game is going to kill it in the longrun.
  • Options
    zaphtasticzaphtastic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So... any specific numbers? Was xp gain reduced by 20%? 50%? 75%?

(And yeah, removing rewards from the foundry is NOT the way to solve the farming 'problem' -- if you even consider people speedleveling to 60 a problem. Sigh.)
  • Options
    nottehfacenottehface Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People seem to forget this is beta, which means a lot is susceptible to change.
  • Options
    mostrandomistmostrandomist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 75
    edited May 2013
    nottehface wrote: »
    People seem to forget this is beta, which means a lot is susceptible to change.

Yeah and we can clearly see the direction of the changes. That's the problem here.
  • Options
    ghlann239ghlann239 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zaphtastic wrote: »
    So... any specific numbers? Was xp gain reduced by 20%? 50%? 75%?

(And yeah, removing rewards from the foundry is NOT the way to solve the farming 'problem' -- if you even consider people speedleveling to 60 a problem. Sigh.)

I went home on my lunch break and ran the map I was doing yesterday. The map I am talking about has 15 packs 2 regular mobs and 1 elite. Yesterday I was getting about 8k exp a run the one run I just did I got 5k exp (and less drops). Now before I started pew pewing (devout cleric) I did a prayer and gained a level so the monsters in the zone were 1 level lower than they should have been, this could be a reason for the drop in experience but not sure. After work today I will do the same map again and see if the experience stays the same or if it was just mobs being a level lower. I hope it is not nerfed that badly because this is how I want to level my character to 60 and start endgame.

I also want to add that in this map I was only able to pull one pack at a time and these mobs are not bugged I had to pay attention to mechanics and move around quite a bit. I do not quite understand the reasoning behind nerfing the legitimate grind maps. If this is how I want to level I should be able to do that. I completely understand fixing the exploit but come on don't punish those who use this as a legitimate way to level.
  • Options
    eros1986eros1986 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you are doomed then, i got zero xp from killing mobs at one point, yeah i sain ZERO, Gratz devs, you just screwed it ^^