test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Secret Bosses/Hidden Places in the game ?

drakeos99drakeos99 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Is there any hidden places or secret dungeons (solo) ?
Drakeos Lightblade - Human - Oathbound Paladin (Protection) (MAIN)
Drakeos Shadowbow - 60 Combat Pathfinder Hunter Ranger (Alt/retired)
Falados - Drow (Mez) Level 60 Trickster Rogue - Offically retired
Drakeos - Drow (Mez) Scourge Warlock/Druid (retired)
Post edited by drakeos99 on

Comments

• narathkornarathkor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have found a couple of places the game said was hidden or secret when I went into them, but there was nothing inside that was not outside. I think there was a treasure chest and a profession node thats it.
    Please check out my foundry quests!
    The Sins of the Father NW-DLN6BC8NX
    A Name For Yourself NW-DRBWMCFL4
    Click Here To Visit The Official Thread
  • riven84riven84 Member, Banned Users Posts: 574 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Are there*
  • wakerglasswakerglass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    the game, so far, seems designed rather cleverly for how condensed it is in early levels. i find a lot of secret nooks and crannies. in fact there's a boss in the cloak tower dungeon that is easily missable if you're the type to just blow through a dungeon killing like mad.
  • narathkornarathkor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep you dont even get the boss closeup for that boss unless you go "down" that right path or fall off the ledge cause you were happy clicking your way through (yes yes thats how i found him the first time)
    Please check out my foundry quests!
    The Sins of the Father NW-DLN6BC8NX
    A Name For Yourself NW-DRBWMCFL4
    Click Here To Visit The Official Thread
  • drakeos99drakeos99 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If so please list names of the zones (even they prob drop quests items also)
    Drakeos Lightblade - Human - Oathbound Paladin (Protection) (MAIN)
    Drakeos Shadowbow - 60 Combat Pathfinder Hunter Ranger (Alt/retired)
    Falados - Drow (Mez) Level 60 Trickster Rogue - Offically retired
    Drakeos - Drow (Mez) Scourge Warlock/Druid (retired)
  • krubarkrubar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 841 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Someone said there was a hidden location at the end boss for dread vaults but after we killed the brain we could not find any rooms.
  • shonsu5320shonsu5320 Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hear there is a hidden Nasher weapons lab in Blacklake. Hint: hit L then search Foundry quests for "Nasher's New Weapon" to find out more about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • guigonesguigones Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    944424_573429749346811_1760811656_n.jpg

- Hey man, let's do something crazy?
    - Like what?
    - I dunno... maybe putting a NPC with a weird name! Like... FissureAnal!
    - Are you nuts?
    - Nah man, we will put it in a place where no one will find... maybe in a rooftop!
    - Well, you may be right. What one will do in the rooftops?

-dafuq?
  • gottneverwintergottneverwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It wasn't a boss, but in the tower district, I found a hidden area with an ogre and a chest.
  • guigonesguigones Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Me too, you have to activate a skull in the wall, or walk at the walls and jump in.
  • beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    there are a few secret places, I don't just mean use a skill/kit to move a wall. Climb and squeeze where you would never think to go and I've found some things, usually just a hidden normal chest. I'm always looking for stuff though, I don't zerg through quests and usually after the last boss is dead I'll go back through the dungeon scouting everywhere. Even have to take a few deaths trying jumps and climbs here and there. good luck in your search.
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    drakeos99 wrote: »
    Is there any hidden places or secret dungeons (solo) ?

Well there is Throg in the cloak tower that about 75% of the parties I've been in miss. Basically there is basement level in the mushroom room with a boss.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    guigones wrote: »
    -dafuq?

That's someone's companion.

Blackdagger Ruins had few spots where you could jump through a castle window/arrowslit and find... edge of the map.
  • kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I found a spot in Vellosk, where there is 2 of each proffession chests and 2 regular chests. It's in the western part of the map, and it's hard to find, but I might start 'farming' it...
  • morphonamorphona Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In one of the main quest lines solo dungeons I found a secret room (wall disappears once you get close to it)
    that had 4 or 5 undead adventurers, a cleric a mage a fighter and a rogue I think, along with like 4 chests. they were tough too, almost like a boss fight.
  • marzipanikmarzipanik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Here's hoping the developers leave in some of these creative little gems for ambitious explorers:

HIDDEN ISLAND UNDER NEVERWINTER

While doing some creative "parkour" such as described in this thread (jumping across the rooftops of Neverwinter with fellow guildmates), I found a safe way down into the space beneath Neverwinter. Here, you can see my PC, Rook, scouting the area. This is perhaps a great spot to roleplay the "Astral Plane" or some kind of temporary dreamscape:
    screenshot_2013-06-09-21-42-49_zps55443987.jpg

Then if you travel to the edge of the water underneath neverwinter, you will run into the invisible backside of a rock/mountain wall. To get past it, a rogue can Deft Strike via a far away NPCs and end up on the other side:
    screenshot_2013-06-09-21-44-51_zpsca26c1f0.jpg
    screenshot_2013-06-09-21-45-33_zpsce3b5ae0.jpg
    RookBannerFinal_zpsc8b09fb3.png
  • marzipanikmarzipanik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Once there, you can run around on top of the open water, scale the beachside, and even climb the island beneath the Moonstone Mask to stretch out in the grove of trees there.:
    screenshot_2013-06-09-21-51-39_zps6d6ce8f7.jpg
    screenshot_2013-06-09-21-48-12_zps97055cca.jpg
    screenshot_2013-06-09-21-46-01_2_zps8d9f883c.jpg

Happy hunting!
    RookBannerFinal_zpsc8b09fb3.png
  • karsuskkarsusk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    shonsu5320 wrote: »
    I hear there is a hidden Nasher weapons lab in Blacklake. Hint: hit L then search Foundry quests for "Nasher's New Weapon" to find out more about it.

I see what you did thar