test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wow the people

narathkornarathkor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
The game is fun, get off your horse and run around, do the quests, enjoy the game. People already bored most of them foundry grinded to 60 and are now going what to do...

The game needs rolling system announcements in the main city with the following statements:

Stealth at level 10
Personal bank is in the window to the right of the guild bank.
You get a companion quest at 16.
Mounts at 20.
You can buy ID scrolls from the AD vendor outside the Sun Coster Market.
Hit the Diamond/Z icon at the top of your screen to trade diamonds for Zen
Hit Alt to use your mouse cursor in a normal way without pointing your character.

I am sure we can come up with at least 10 more of the SAME DARN QUESTIONS ASKED EVERY HOUR OF EVERY DAY.
Please check out my foundry quests!
The Sins of the Father NW-DLN6BC8NX
A Name For Yourself NW-DRBWMCFL4
Click Here To Visit The Official Thread
Post edited by narathkor on

Comments

• callmedeuxcallmedeux Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I enjoy the game and simply just pvping to level 60...

All ive done is PVP, lvl 44 atm.
  • jazzneojazzneo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    dont buy ID scroll just do a dam dungeon or spam monster they drop like flys
  • fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah nothing booring with the game. Even if they "foundry leveled" to 60 they can just go back and do all the story quests. Or do some foundry quests, there's a couple really, really good ones, even better than the cryptic quests. Then we have the epic dungeons, farm T1, then T2. You could do some PvP aswell, that never gets old. Then you could try making your own foundry maps, ofc maxout the professions and play the AH. A lot of stuff to do before the real endgame reaches us, we still haven't seen Gauntlgrym nor the upcoming raids (which I hope will have bop gear and not boe gear).
  • sweatapodimassweatapodimas Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jazzneo wrote: »
    dont buy ID scroll just do a dam dungeon or spam monster they drop like flys

/10chars

+1
    "Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny" - Frank Zappa
    edited May 2013
    People need to learn how to use the foundry and try to make better quest and dungeon. i bet somone can make a big zelda type Puzzle dungeons. try to save zelda. this the reason the foundry in place it make the game a dungeon maker sandbox mmorpg

here some idea you guys should learn try with foundry

try make dungeon you have to defeat 3 main boss for a key. then you can open the big main boss room
  • maximumsquidmaximumsquid Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Game is about 50/50. . .

Much of what is done well is brilliant, but the stuff that is implemented poorly is really making the game drag

Can't even reach that higher pedestal yet where we talk about endgame, balance, and future content

Your experience while playing this game currently is going to be based more on avoiding the terrible aspects, sadly

I think a lot of people are going to get 1 or 2 guys to 60 and then just put the game on the back-burner while they wait for change
  • sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People need to learn how to use the foundry and try to make better quest and dungeon. i bet somone can make a big zelda type Puzzle dungeons. try to save zelda. this the reason the foundry in place it make the game a dungeon maker sandbox mmorpg

Ooo. I can probably try to do that. I am just having issue doing Map Transition with dungeon to dungeon :(
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • pearofanguishpearofanguish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    The in game announcement for common questions in a zone is a great idea... As long as I can toggle it off :) . As for the rest of the game, having a blast. Some things could use some love, but for now nothing is a deal breaker.

Have fun all.
    Ignore me.... 90% of the time I dont care, 10% of the time I am indifferent....
    21.jpg
  • narathkornarathkor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

try make dungeon you have to defeat 3 main boss for a key. then you can open the big main boss room

We would love to, but foundry does not allow us to create boss fights at this time. Best we can do is 1 hard normal mob like an ogre or something and dress him up fancy.
    edited May 2013
    people forget this game was made in English speaking company not from a korea company we are the first to test out this game and tell what bugs in game they can fix

narathkor wrote: »
    We would love to, but foundry does not allow us to create boss fights at this time. Best we can do is 1 hard normal mob like an ogre or something and dress him up fancy.

They maybe add more stuff to the foundry in the future of the game. it brand new game anything can happen to me i think they can make foundry system make a guild house system or just make your own house in the world neverwinter. hell i think they can add feature make your own town
  • xervaixervai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Too many whining people spreading misconceptions and lies about how the game operates.

My top list of things that need the record set straight:
    - Purchasing a ZEN respec allows for powers+feats+paragon choice to be rechosen. AD respec allows for feats to be rechosen
    - You do not have to purchase ZEN for end game content. You only need to run dungeons and find interesting gear
    - Making Astral Diamonds is super easy if you sell greeded 50+ gear or assets
    - You can get a few bags while questing 10+ passed your first one, they typically run 500k or less in the market
    - Despite what anyone says, there is nothing all that great in the nightmare lockboxes that you won't eventually replace with something you get from the dungeons
    - Seals (a currency obtained from dungeons) are extremely easy to come by. Especially during dungeon delve
    - The zen companions are neat, but you don't need them. The most used end game companion is the cat. A non-combat companion that has neck/waist/ring slot that transfer it's stats from items directly to you and can't (intentionally) die.
  • narathkornarathkor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sasheria wrote: »
    Ooo. I can probably try to do that. I am just having issue doing Map Transition with dungeon to dungeon :(

Have you tried the foundry forums for that, or send me a private message I can help.
  • rhcpmikeyrhcpmikey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    callmedeux wrote: »
    I enjoy the game and simply just pvping to level 60...

All ive done is PVP, lvl 44 atm.

I was thinking of doing this. I'm very much enjoying pvp on my rogue, but how do you get the gear to compete if you only pvp to level?
    Zironako - level 60 - control wizard
    Lucience - level 16 - trickster rogue
    Dragon server
  • redstorm55redstorm55 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    I did a foundry quest(player made for 5 people) with just one other friend. And i had a blast following the story, fighting for our lives etc...Cant see the reason why people are bored of it already. There's quite plenty of good storylines to follow etc... Just take a breath, follow one all the way to the end, take the time to read and enjoy the elements of a story.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agree: Zone chat in town is WORTHLESS -- I wish I could put all caps in ALL CAPS.... it's terrible. Zone, in most games is nearly worthless, but here... Oh. My. God. The only saving grace is I can turn if off.

On the boring comment. bah, anyone that thinks NW is boring should quit now, the player community will be better for it. On Companions, I'd throw in Cleric as one of the more useful, especially once they get around to putting out the upgrade tomes, but even @ lvl 15, things go much better with her than with any other companion.

On Lockboxes: indeed- if you do open them and get a goody bag item, save it in your bank until you hit lvl 60 -- then the item that comes out of it will be more valuable (they give you level appropriate items, so if you're level 10, that's what you'll get -- and you'll outgrow it very quickly). The boxes, like the Zen Store, is how NW makes money -- if you feel inclined, you should, by all means, buy zen and make use of those features, but at the same time, it's NOT necessary to do so and no one should feel any obligation (other than to support to game's development) to spend real money for Zen or even grind endlessly for ADs to get Zen with -- the Zen-only items are very good looking, but they are not required for any content.
  • random1285random1285 Member Posts: 18
    edited May 2013

My husband wants to recreate Eye of the Beholder (SNES) in the foundry but he has to wait for more monsters to be added to the game. :D Go, go, beholders and displacer beasts!!!
  • spacecowboy3117spacecowboy3117 Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    OP, yes this game is fun, yes it is free, not too much to complain about...... but it would be MORE fun, and make MORE money, if there wasn't such an obvious attempt at our wallets, to me it almost feels like a Communist ploy to make the silly, lazy Americans give away all our money. I enjoy the game, I'm glad its F2P, but its the WORST cash shop in any Cryptic game, I played both STO and Champions Online, subbed to each back in the day, and have spent money in each since F2P.... they offer authentic meaningful purchases, Neverwinter offers only fluff at rip-off prices, and stunts some usually basic features to do it. That being said, enough of the game is authentically free for me to enjoy it, but it could be so much better....