test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Skipping content areas

kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
I'm curious if this has happened to anyone else...

After completing Helm's Deep last night, I was level 37. Knox gave me two choices, Ebon Downs (level 35 quest) or Vellosk (level 38).

Being level 37 and enjoying more challenging content, also not wanting to waste my time, I went straight to Vellosk, skipping Ebon Downs entirely. I know it's not a big deal and I would have been wasting my time in Ebon Downs, (in terms of XP gains), but has anyone else done this?

I feel like I was almost forced to miss a bunch of content .....
Post edited by kimmurieloblodra on

Comments

• samsonsethsamsonseth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yep it's happening to me all the time cause i'm already lvl 43 .... especially with skirmish and dungeons ... in my opinion this shouldn't be accessible by lvl only by storyline ..
    u could say make another character and try to do what u missed . but this would be the same for fast lvl players
  • casia345casia345 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    yeah, that area has that problem.

I also finished Helms keep last night, and had level 38 on finishing.
    Doing so, gave me the quest to go to the mad dragon dungeon. But since I was level 38 by the time I completed helms, I couldnt even do the dungeon. the quest vanished from my journal immediately.
  • kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    casia345 wrote: »
    yeah, that area has that problem.

I also finished Helms keep last night, and had level 38 on finishing.
    Doing so, gave me the quest to go to the mad dragon dungeon. But since I was level 38 by the time I completed helms, I couldnt even do the dungeon. the quest vanished from my journal immediately.

Same here, tried lair of mad dragon twice with pugs, both times I was teamed up with level 30-31s, and we were wiping on the succubus.

never even got to chartilifax yet, will have to wait for Epic once im 60.
  • amuze12amuze12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nothing is forcing you to skip a whole zone. Do you guys even find questing fun? Do you listen to the story? If not, skip it. Nothing is forcing you.
  • elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I went ahead and did zones I was a bit high for just because I wanted to see the content. On alts I'm trying to limit the side stuff (foundry, skirmishes, dungeons) I do so that the main content (the stuff that really interests me) is still roughly at level.
  • muspelfulmuspelful Member Posts: 9
    edited May 2013
    I think it's nice that you don't need to do every zone to hit 60. It means that if you level another character, there's stuff that'll be new, instead of a retread.