test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Help me understand UI symbols, please

saso1973saso1973 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
New game, new concept and new things to learn. It's the most exciting part of playing a game for me and it's also a bit frustrating as I can't get all info I'd want right away. :)

So, I hope someone here will be willing to help me. Especially in PVP, I constantly see certain symbols appearing above my char's or above my enemies' heads. I probably didn't memorize all of them but ...

What do exclamation mark, question mark or big "X" above my opponent's head mean?
I also remember a red flash or lightning symbol that sometimes appear above my char and I also don't know what it means.
I tried gamepedia and searching on this forum, but couldn't find any info regarding UI symbols, so forgive me if I am repeating something that has already been answered.
Post edited by saso1973 on

Comments

• saso1973saso1973 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok, 46 people so far and no one knew the answer, so here I go hoping there will be someone in the next 46 that will. :)
  • jayfunkedjayfunked Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I believe the reverse red zig zag arrow you see is an indication you are being damaged. The number beside it is by how much. Easily confirmed by jumping off most of the walls in the protectors enclave to a lower level.

The question mark comes up for me when i'm in sneak can't see or find you. I bet it has other applications for other classes but that's what I see for the rogue when in Sneak.

The X may mean cannot currently be hit - why is another rmatter?

I like to think the ! means they are impressed/non-plussed by my moves...
  • rothegarrothegar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can only answer one of your questions.

The red mark is made by Guardian Fighters and works like a threat builder. The Mark is not a taunt - though in one case (Enforced Threat) it works like an aoe taunt too.
    The Village:
    ID: NW-DC99JCLA2

A simple quest to change the fate of a small village.
    A complex outdoor map that changes physically with your actions.
  • saso1973saso1973 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks to both of you. :)