test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

3D Vision

morlizermorlizer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
The game looks amazing in 3D Vision, so crisp and detailed. There is only a two things that would make it better. If you could give us an option to remove the reticule as right now it's in 2D and is in the way. Second if you could fix the shadows, then the game would be perfect. The second i can live without as i can turn off shadows but the first is the most critical.

Thanks!
Post edited by morlizer on

Comments

• Options
    aendaeronaendaeron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is an nVidia-specific issue; also, D&D:NW does not officially support 3D vision. As such, you'll need to contact nVidia support.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    aendaeron wrote: »
    This is an nVidia-specific issue; also, D&D:NW does not officially support 3D vision. As such, you'll need to contact nVidia support.

nVidia has nothing to do with the UI. Many games work in 3D Vision without any support from nVidia or the developer. All i ask for from PWE is the option to turn off the reticule. It's few lines of code, on and off. Nothing more.
  • Options
    aendaeronaendaeron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    True, nVidia has nothing to do with the UI, yes, but they are in charge for driver-side fixes to correct the reticle in 3D placement, just like they do in Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 for example.

As such, you're asking the wrong dudes, buddy.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You seem to fail in understanding what i am asking. I'm not asking for a reticule 3D placement but for the option to remove it from my view. I have no idea about Left for dead but in Tomb Raider the 3D community asked both the developer and nVidia and after 5 weeks Eidos released a patch fixing the reticule. The drivers give you an option for reticule 3D placement but if you are not using them it won't help you. nVidia has a build in reticule that i can use that is placed at a more correct distance.

Asking for a correct 3D placement might be more complicated and as such i prefer if they give me an option to just remove it. So yes, i am asking the right dudes. nVidia gives out the tools and the developers use them.
  • Options
    mongoosemobstermongoosemobster Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Morlizer is completely correct, there is nothing significantly complicated about removing the reticule. Especially considering that it's possible in Champions Online to turn on and off the reticule, and it's about the same engine.

There's also no need for correct 3D placement, as NVidia provides a 3d reticule of its own. (As long as I can disable the in-game reticule...)

Shadows I agree is a 3D issue that either can be fixed by NVidia or Helixmod. Nametags + HP bars can go under here too.
  • Options
    hystericalbananahystericalbanana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really want this as well.

Btw, if Helix were to fix the shadow issues. Wouldn't the fix maybe get us banned, as most games see them as wall hacks?
  • Options
    mongoosemobstermongoosemobster Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No, it's just an injector mod (or applied via injector dll, rather), and those have been commonplace enough with ENB, SMAA, SweetFX, etc.
  • Options
    sadgfhsadgfh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    really? I will have to try 3d vision again. I tried it in BW1, and it was horrible.
    Let's pretend like my account name isn't just a random string of characters I got by punching my keyboard.
  • Options
    vylkervylker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 133 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    3D Vision its just a program or needs any 3D hardware also?

OK got it from google
  • Options
    kolrethkolreth Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They should probably get nvidia to remove it from their 3D ready games list if it's not gonna support nvidia 3d.

The guy who runs the Helixmod site said he has no interest in mmos, and wouldn't bother if he did because they change things fairly often that break the fixes.
  • Options
    bugngutsbugnguts Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same as Morziler said game looks wonderful with 3d Vision. Watching Arcane Missles streak away in 3D is eye canditastic. Simply have an option for removing the reticule and perhaps the mod community can get the shadows up. I turned up the convergence till NPCs standing in conversations were just starting to pop out of the monitor. What a great mix of action RPG great job. So long Mechwarrior Online.
  • Options
    jackassassinjackassassin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Helix can only do so much... they might be able to fix the crosshair... not just move it, but give it depth. As far as the shadows go... disabling them is easy enough... but who knows, the shadows might just work if you use a different game profile. The bigger issue is the **** names over player/npc/enemy heads. They're screen depth, and it sucks having to turn everything off. Still a option, but would rather be able to see them. None the less... the game still looks fantastic in 3D, and is quite playable... being that you don't really need to use the cursor very often.
  • Options
    jackassassinjackassassin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Good ol' Eqzitara released a helix mod that gets rid of the crosshair... which makes it MUCH better in 3D. Disabling shadows, to me, is not a big deal. It's easy enough to do, and does not hinder 3d gameplay, or game play in general, at all. Sure... 3D shadows would look great, but whatever. The real issue I still have with it is the other on screen elements, such as the name plates, health bars, and damage/healing numbers. Yes, you can disable them, but not having those there make the game nearly unplayable unless you're just messing around for the prettiness of it all. Getting those to go 3D would be fantastic. And unlike what was being discussed above... it's NOT something that Nvidia can fix. They make the software that applies to directX9, but they can't go in and change every single game that doesn't utilize the drivers as they could. The way it's SUPPOSED to work is that most of the 3D works well, but the developers have to understand the technology well enough to rewrite the way these name plates show up. Unfortunately, Cryptic doesn't care about 3D enough to try and make it work. Maybe if they made a patch to make nameplates in 3D vision work... and made it available to purchase with ZEN... well, then it might be doable.

anyways... the link to the NVIDIA forum thread with the crosshair removal stuff is below:
    https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/546442/neverwinter-2013-mmo-/