test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Back to start" on a NPC dialogue tree

fallensbanefallensbane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
is this possible? To have the dialogue go back to the first page of text when you read the end of a 'path?' Right now it just boots you out and you need to retalk to the npc to choose a new dialogue option and follow it, unless I am missing something.
Post edited by fallensbane on

Comments

• chibidanichibidani Member Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    Nope that's how it's programmed for now.
  • tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chibidani wrote: »
    Nope that's how it's programmed for now.

I would advise making sure you're correct before spreading information that turns out to be false. :)

Grab the exit arrow from the end of the conversation back to the conversation node you want it to return to. You can do this all over the place, making a complex web out of your dialogue. Advanced dialogue writing requires that you master this little trick.
  • gtdcarthagegtdcarthage Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Grab the exit arrow from the end of the conversation back to the conversation node you want it to return to.

I was trying to figure this out the whole time since I kept dragging the "+" icon instead. Nice tip!
  • hercooles130uscghercooles130uscg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To add on, with big dialogue trees going, it can be a pain to grab this arrow. Sometimes you have to click and hold on the arrow for a second before dragging or the editor will not move it. Most likely lag related.
    bdayaffair_zps6675e60e.png