test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Numbers scrolling off the window after boss fights

hadmatterhadmatter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
After I finish a boss fight and the stats window pops up to show who did the most damage/killed the most enemies/et cetera, the numbers to the right of the stat name appear for a split second, the float off to the right and disappear. I can't make out the numbers quickly enough to read the stats! I can't imagine what's causing the problem, and the only thing I can think of that might be worth mentioning is that I have the UI scale set to 120%... Is this a known problem for some people, or do I have no hope of ever seeing a fix?
Post edited by hadmatter on

Comments

• Options
    grafstrachwitzgrafstrachwitz Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hadmatter wrote: »
    After I finish a boss fight and the stats window pops up to show who did the most damage/killed the most enemies/et cetera, the numbers to the right of the stat name appear for a split second, the float off to the right and disappear. I can't make out the numbers quickly enough to read the stats! I can't imagine what's causing the problem, and the only thing I can think of that might be worth mentioning is that I have the UI scale set to 120%... Is this a known problem for some people, or do I have no hope of ever seeing a fix?

Same issue, also scaled ui to 120%.
  • Options
    puunannipuunanni Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issue, also scaled ui to 120%.

Exactly the same issue here. UI is also scaled, I think I am at 125% (can't check servers offline)
  • Options
    zagrim#6754 zagrim Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I reported this earlier and for those that didnt know the issue I recorded it

Nothing have happened since then though, I'm wondering. Are you all using nVidia graphic cards? I have also use UI scaling. A simple test is to just do a skirmish without UI scaling. I'm at work now though so cant test it.

edit: Did a skirmish and tried with different UI scaling. Nothing changed the fact that the numbers slides off
  • Options
    hadmatterhadmatter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have dual nVidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti cards. I'll try scaling back to 100% to see if anything changes. C'mon red names, respond.
  • Options
    spacedwranglerspacedwrangler Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same thing here on the stats screen and scroll offs for me. I like the idea of stats, but it would be nice if it were more manageable... like maybe a sidebar icon or window that could be expanded/retracted at your choosing until dismissed - gets in the way sometimes if there are still mobs when boss is killed first.

Not to mix topics here, but wondering if you guys also get a flickering in your "powers" window when it first comes up after hitting 'p'. A few of the early skills are flickering on/off rapidly until I drag the window, then they set and are constant. Just curious.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Changing the scale to 100% worked for me when I tried a skirmish match.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Same thing here on the stats screen and scroll offs for me. I like the idea of stats, but it would be nice if it were more manageable... like maybe a sidebar icon or window that could be expanded/retracted at your choosing until dismissed - gets in the way sometimes if there are still mobs when boss is killed first.

Not to mix topics here, but wondering if you guys also get a flickering in your "powers" window when it first comes up after hitting 'p'. A few of the early skills are flickering on/off rapidly until I drag the window, then they set and are constant. Just curious.
    Yes, that happens to me, too. Interestingly, it doesn't happen at 120% UI scale, but it does at 100%...
  • Options
    zagrim#6754 zagrim Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Changing the scale to 100% worked for me when I tried a skirmish match.

I tried it at 100% scale before but didnt change anything for me. Though I am not sure if it was just UI scale or font scale.
  • Options
    nightw0lfnightw0lf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the same problem too...when i'm looking at the stats the text scrolls rapidly to the right. When i'm outside and press X when doing events like the spy event everything seems to be fine. The problem seems to be happening only when i'm in a dungeon/skirmish.
    Can some moderator pass this bug to the devs so we can get the problem fixed ? :)
  • Options
    psiwuffpsiwuff Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm getting the exact same in dungeons/skirmishes. I too have my UI scaled up to 120% I think, and the numbers fly right off screen ever since BWE3
  • Options
    chasimchasim Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013

As this thread is now somewhat old, I thought I would bump it and confirm that this irritating bug still exists...
  • Options
    zibraliszibralis Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Same here. Issue still present.
  • Options
    daemondancerdaemondancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I also have the same problem.

After adjusting the UI scale to greater than the 1.0 default, all leaderboards in skirmishes and dungeons have the values flying off to the right. My guess is that the offset x coordinate of the text is being multiplied by the UI scale factor, causing it to fly off to the right.