test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guarded Assault - looks a bit like a joke.

mrfalrinthmrfalrinth Member Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in The Militia Barracks
1%/2%/3% reflected dmg... Its like cosmetic feature only... Enemey would have to hit you 100/50/33 times while you succesfully block, to get equivalent of damage of his single hit... How usefull can that be?

5%/7.5%/10% is more like something usefull yet nothing super good to be unbalanced. Maxed talent would make enemy hit yout shield 10 times to get equivalent of 1 full mirrored damage.
Post edited by mrfalrinth on

Comments

• maebeknotmaebeknot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree that this needs a healthy buff. It is barely damage. At level 33 I find it doing 1-9 damage back at enemies. If this was an always on it would be a lot better but still need more %. Instead you have to be blocking for this to count as well as use up 1 of 2 slots for active.
  • dtrain69dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't use it. There are much better options.
  • mrfalrinthmrfalrinth Member Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    dtrain69 wrote: »
    Don't use it. There are much better options.

Thanks for the tip, but i wasnt asking for it. Im reporting broken beta ability so devs can see how useless it is.
  • nexfariousnexfarious Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree, it's very bad. Do you think 2/4/6% would be better? Keep in mind that most powers and feats are underwhelming compared to other games.
  • joka3ljoka3l Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nexfarious wrote: »
    I agree, it's very bad. Do you think 2/4/6% would be better? Keep in mind that most powers and feats are underwhelming compared to other games.

I got a better idea, how about an activated ability that absorbs the next 1/2/3 attack without consuming any guard meter?

Otherwise just scrap that ability it is useless and should not be one of our skills.
    Khal Drogo
    Sacrifice
    Guardian Fighter
  • protios14protios14 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    joka3l wrote: »
    I got a better idea, how about an activated ability that absorbs the next 1/2/3 attack without consuming any guard meter?
    This.

Makes it more of a tactical decision too if you have to activate it. it takes up an skill slot.
  • vertisonevertisone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 67
    edited May 2013
    I would personally like to see a "riposte" like ability where you would deflect and instantly strike back at people who attack you.
  • coolstorreycoolstorrey Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I want to know if the damage that you are causing with this talent has any effect on your Action Points regen. Its my understanding that one of the ways you gain action points is when you cause damage, so are you gaining AP when your opponent hits you?

If this is the case i think this talent is very useful. However, I cant seem to track down any source that says how GF's gain AP.
    edited May 2013
    I want to know if the damage that you are causing with this talent has any effect on your Action Points regen. Its my understanding that one of the ways you gain action points is when you cause damage, so are you gaining AP when your opponent hits you?

If this is the case i think this talent is very useful. However, I cant seem to track down any source that says how GF's gain AP.

But its still wasted ability idea... Becouse it could as well be "you gain double amount of action points with each block". While the idea was to have retributive damage, kind of "thorns" ability.
  • aldemmaldemm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Doesn't help that your guard meter depletes rather quickly in end-game dungeons anyways. The briartwine armour enchant, which reflects back 2% damage done, will definitely end up ahead over three points into Guarded Assault by the end of a run.
  • dtrain69dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mrfalrinth wrote: »
    Thanks for the tip, but i wasnt asking for it. Im reporting broken beta ability so devs can see how useless it is.

Then maybe you should post it in the bugs section of the forums if it's "broken".
    edited May 2013
    dtrain69 wrote: »
    Then maybe you should post it in the bugs section of the forums if it's "broken".

I should have if it would be a technical problem. Its not. Its the flawed design. And bugs section is about bugs, not bad design.