test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Voice Chat Issues

deep220deep220 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Okay, so... last night, I was online and voice chat was working fine. Or at least, close enough, meaning that I had to go through several steps but I consistently got it to work after doing so. Now, none of them work. When I test my microphone, it works fine, but the icon beside my portrait is gone and no one can hear me. What I've done to correct this in the past is as follows: Go to to Options -> audio -> voice. Switch from Turtle Beach P11 microphone to Connexant Pebble (my laptop's built-in mic). Apply, then switch back and apply again. Test microphone again. When I test it after following those steps, it usually makes the icon reappear and people can hear me, but that's no longer the case. Any ideas?
Post edited by deep220 on

Comments

• kalizaarkalizaar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here, except before today when we tried we could see each other were talking but we couldn't hear each other. Testing microphone worked. Now it's like you said. Testing works, but next to ourselves we don't see the voice icon. We see it for the other person, but it doesn't look like it's activating when they try.
  • deep220deep220 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, where that icon is concerned, it shows up for all other players, regardless of whether they even have a mic. Don't bother much with that; it's just to adjust their volume. Glad I'm not the only one, though; means it's not a hardware issue.
  • proxythotzproxythotz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same here. this sux. I was really happy that this was included in NW.. Hope it gets fixed soon!!!!!!!!
  • acidpissacidpiss Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i cant even get my voice to record in the audio menu in game? any help here?
  • shrimp500shrimp500 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am also having the exact same issue...
  • juliamateusjuliamateus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Post from the Devs on May 4th here

Voice chat is currently offline.