test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

CC is the PvP meta-game after lvl 30

palad1n72palad1n72 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
It's no fun to have teams focus on multiple CC abilities, and the speed in which they refresh based on builds with absolutely no way to break CC = bad. Sure, being on the offensive side dishing it out and then your other team mates CC's the same target, then the next, then the next... yup, great fun to take a player out of a fight completely while your dps powers can do it's job.

So as it stands now and after talking with several lvl 50 players who enjoy PvP, the meta game for this e-sport is all about CC. Which ever side gets their chains going first usually dominates, and the last 10 matches have proven this to me, and I am only at lvl 35/36.

I truly wish they would add a little more thought into the PvP part of the game, having no CC breaks causes myself and other players to just want to stop participating, why deal with the ongoing frustration? Sure there will be those who believe CC = king in PvP environments, that's it's perfectly acceptable to have the ability to keep 1-2 players from the opposing side on a 5 man team 75% of the time or more, out of the fight and dead pretty fast because of chaining CC's from each team member.

Maybe just hope they will make some adjustments and give players a way to break CC or implement some sort of reasonable diminishing returns or give players a short immunity timer to future CC after getting rocked by a few.
Post edited by palad1n72 on

Comments

• Options
    dkayakv2dkayakv2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Simply be a GWF if you want to break out of CCs and stomp them.
  • Options
    endlesspillowsendlesspillows Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    Sorry, what MMO PvP doesn't revolve around CC/Kiting?

Also, if there is diminishing returns on CC (Which an entire class is based around), there should be diminishing returns on Tanking/Blocking, Healing, and of course, damage.
  • Options
    feyllfeyll Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sorry, what MMO PvP doesn't revolve around CC/Kiting?

Also, if there is diminishing returns on CC (Which an entire class is based around), there should be diminishing returns on Tanking/Blocking, Healing, and of course, damage.
    A few games actually do limit healing in PVP and if they limit CC in this game I expect them to do the same with healing.
    Critics breed growth, apologists (fanboys) breed stagnation.
  • Options
    palad1n72palad1n72 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    CC / Kiting can be viable, sure, but not when your able to remove players from the majority of the fight with no way to counter it. GWF's are not able to "break free" from any CC that I have seen, so not sure what the GWF comment means. There is potential with PvP, but as it is now, it just feels like CC = king and most teams I play with and against prove this time and time again. For me, that's not skill or fun. I will be curious to see how these systems work in ESO later this year, maybe if it's done well, this game could take some knowledge from that.
  • Options
    endlesspillowsendlesspillows Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    palad1n72 wrote: »
    CC / Kiting can be viable, sure, but not when your able to remove players from the majority of the fight with no way to counter it. GWF's are not able to "break free" from any CC that I have seen, so not sure what the GWF comment means. There is potential with PvP, but as it is now, it just feels like CC = king and most teams I play with and against prove this time and time again. For me, that's not skill or fun. I will be curious to see how these systems work in ESO later this year, maybe if it's done well, this game could take some knowledge from that.

A GWF cannot use Unstoppable reactively, but they can use it proactively to make themselves 100% immune to CC for the duration. This is probably what he is referring to.
  • Options
    mothrfkarmothrfkar Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Heres how to completely stomp PVP :

1. Get a healer
    2. Get a guardian
    3. Get a CW
    4. Get 2 rouge
    5. Kill everyone
    6. ?
    7. Profit