test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Some questions from a newb: wipe of beta characters before launch?

maukadwellermaukadweller Member Posts: 71
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
The questions I'm asking may have been addressed elsewhere already but if so I must have missed it, so apologies beforehand if that is the case.

I started a couple of days ago and I like a lot of what I see so far. However, since the game is still in beta form, I have some questions that I'd like to see answers for before I invest too much more time or money.

1. Will there be a wipe of all the beta characters before the official launch of the game?

2. If the answer to #1 is yes, what will happen to the zen and other currency? Will that be deleted also or will that be retained on the account?
Post edited by maukadweller on

Comments

• Options
    jcfisher3rdjcfisher3rd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's not in beta it's released, the 'open beta' is just an excuse for any bugs or issues. No more wipes.
  • Options
    demiurgerealmdemiurgerealm Member Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    We really need a sticky that says that open beta character will not be wiped for all the people who refuse to read the open beta faq.
    -Agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

Realm of the Demiurge Foundry Works

Neverwinter isn't D&D, it is a MMO based on a game that uses D&D terms but isn't really D&D either. NW is fun (for that matter so is 4E), but it isn't D&D, and once you wrap your expectations around that you will be able to enjoy the game for what it offers and not worry about what it does not.
  • Options
    maukadwellermaukadweller Member Posts: 71
    edited May 2013
    Ok thanks for the info.

I looked at the official and extended FAQ posts and only reference I remember seeing was about the wipe between open and closed beta.