test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

mob sound loops/npc behaviors

the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
hi, an old time DM here. Trying to get this thing to go.

So I've figured out how to manage the maps and the dialog of each map so far.

There's just a couple of things I can't seem to get going. Trying to make a cave entrance in a town that's pretty much smack dab in the middle of a clearing in a mountain. I tried looking in the cave objects no cave entrances that weren't props (non teleport). Id like that to be the transition location to the cave that I'm making my story around after a brief interaction with an npc.

Also, there's an NPC that I'd like to have lying on the ground groaning like he's in pain or dying but all I can seem to get them to do is stand up in various poses. The poses for those who are surrounding them aren't very diverse either. There's not one for being afraid that I can tell or for trying to care for the one on the ground.

As far as weapons go how can I give these peasants what they'd normally use for defense, pitchforks shovels and torches?

I also noticed there doesn't seem to be any children or beggars to choose from.

And finally do the npc sounds automatically loop if not why can't i loop them, i choose loop and the list becomes empty.

Thanks!

~ Tigirius
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can't give npcs weapons. There aren't any children to choose from that I'm aware of (I suspect they want to prevent any missions that involve killing anything using a child costume, many games restrict you from that). You can use an invisible clicky to have as your transition, so you'd only need something for a cave entrance. The various animation options often aren't the first name I first think of when I think of what I want them to do, there is a lying down animation though.
  • marchof5inmarchof5in Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is an animation where they're laying down in pain, I just added it to mine I'm working on. If nobody locates it for ya it you don't find it by the time I'm off work I'll check for ya.