test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How to place single mobs?

zedfighterzedfighter Member Posts: 93 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Started playing with the Foundry this morning, and I'm loving it.

I'm having an issue placing a single mob. Everything in the list comes in 2+.

I'm using mostly groups for some challenge, but I'd like to drop in say, a solo elite here and there.

And what about bosses? I'm making a dungeon crawl and I'd like to place a few bosses along the way.

I'm also finding some severe pathing issues. It seems the slightest bump or oddity in the floor, mobs get stuck and even fall through sometimes.
Post edited by zedfighter on

Comments

• kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are no bosses. There are some solo elites (ogre, thoon hulk, a few others, someone made a list).
  • seanc84seanc84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    I'm not home so I can't check now, but I think there's an undead encounter (standard melee?) with a single zombie hulk. You can change the costume to something else if you want it to look different... only downside is that its behavior won't change.

And yeah... not sure how to get around the pathing issues. I set up some patrols for spiders in a foresty area and was rather nonplussed when I saw they'd just run right into trees and stop moving. :-/
    Into the Mind's Eye
    Chapter 1 - The Ruins of Webcrag --- Chapter 2 - Don't get your hopes up. Bored of the game.
  • mosby1mosby1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 288 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I could be wrong, but I think you can place an encounter, and then (in the Detail view), remove as many of the mobs as you like - so you could just leave 1.
    DM's Studio - NW-DHZ5DAV4R
    The Cursed Emerald:
    1. Weird of the Weather-witch -- NW-DEZAK4QPA
    2. The Ambitious Apprentice -- NW-DLRAVW4S4
  • kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mosby1 wrote: »
    I could be wrong, but I think you can place an encounter, and then (in the Detail view), remove as many of the mobs as you like - so you could just leave 1.
    You can't do this. Though it would be possible to move individual mob members somewhere off map, a room the pc has no access to for instance.
  • frobeardfrobeard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is there any way to make NPCs hostile to the player? Custom-made NPCs could make for nice bosses.

Also, can modified encounters (like when you change the mobs' names and costumes on an encounter) be saved to a template somewhere? That would save tons of time when putting maps together.
  • zedfighterzedfighter Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can't do this. Though it would be possible to move individual mob members somewhere off map, a room the pc has no access to for instance.

There seems to be a maximum amount of distance you can put between them. Moving one too far will in turn move the others if you go beyond a certain distance.
  • capt0bv10u5capt0bv10u5 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zedfighter wrote: »
    There seems to be a maximum amount of distance you can put between them. Moving one too far will in turn move the others if you go beyond a certain distance.

Plus, if you simply tied killing the mobs to the quest then you'd end up with unreachable objectives.
  • dkstoneriftdkstonerift Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are no bosses. There are some solo elites (ogre, thoon hulk, a few others, someone made a list).

None of these seem available in the editor.
  • valkyryjavalkyryja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    None of these seem available in the editor.

If you go to encounters and check "Hard" you can see which ones are singles. One is a Wight. There are a couple at least that are a single mob encounter. The Wight's abilities aren't so obvious like a Drider or something, so it's an easy way to make a customized costume boss.