test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Falling Down

ireniicusireniicus Member Posts: 12 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Hi.

Ever time I build an interior room/map and attempt to preview it the character that spawns falls through the floor and dies. Yesterday I was able to reset map and that fixed the issue but today even that is not working. Any ideas?
Post edited by ireniicus on

Comments

• Options
    werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    did you set a respawn point? also you should be able to right click on you editor and select "play map from here" to get you back up.
    21.jpg
  • Options
    ireniicusireniicus Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for replying. I did not have a respawn so added one in and saved it. Was very hopeful things would work but alas its just as borked.
  • Options
    werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    your character has to "find" the respawn point before it will work
    21.jpg
  • Options
    kcomfort001kcomfort001 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was having this issue yesterday as well... it seemed like everytime I started at my spawn point I'd fall through the earth and continually fall.... or when I actually was anywhere near land I fell through the ground and lost about half my hitpoints before coming back to solid ground?

I tried everything from placing items then getting their coordinates and manually entering them... anyone have any tricks for this?
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would try changing the settings for your spawn point so the Y axis is relative to terrain instead of altitude.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kcomfort001kcomfort001 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    I would try changing the settings for your spawn point so the Y axis is relative to terrain instead of altitude.

I've done that and still falling through taking damage, I tried relative to terrain, geometry, and absolute zero.
  • Options
    marchof5inmarchof5in Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the issue from time to time, I just hit reset and it let's me where I should be. Not sure what's causing it yet.
  • Options
    princessgwindaprincessgwinda Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think this happens when the server is loaded, it takes too long time to load your environment, hence you fall down. Just reset the map. This solution has worked for me every time so far.
  • Options
    tadachetadache Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Someone gave me the solution in another thread. Hopefully you're talking about your Foundry test character and not when you play it really in game (published). This solution only applies to a Foundry test character.

Once you've fallen and died, change your setting to God Mode or Untargettable. Then press Ctrl-R to refresh the map. You should appear in the spawn point without falling.

It works for me every time. I hope it works for you!