test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

15 Copper solo drops, Two from 5 man dungeon

pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Is this some sort of joke? Gold drops being 2 copper in dungeons?

Broken risk/reward system.

I get 15 per any enemy from the Black Gold foundry quest.
Post edited by pinchyskrii on

Comments

• spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    My static group was noticing this as well. Honestly, this game is very unfriendly to grouping. Even just zoning to a new area leaves your group stranded in several different instances and there's a cool down on switching an instance. On top of that, even if your group are all in difference instances and you're in front of a given quest door, it won't let you enter until you're all in the same instance. No cross instance quest doors, which is ludicrous given their design dynamic of splintering a group upon entry to a zone.

Also, some quest items seem to be shared and some are not shared. It's very inconsistent in how the mission works, and some of the quest goals are painfully slow with the items being individual rather than shared. We roll with a four man group, so six items per person turns into farming 32 of them. Pile on the gold and instance issues and it starts to feel very group hostile.

The dungeons are a little more group friendly, as you would expect, but open world questing needs looking at from a 'large' group perspective.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • malvolio11malvolio11 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dungeons (1-59) are really unrewarding compared to the risk and time you invest. The exp is slower than soloing, the gear is mediocre at best, less cash is dropped (however by level 46 I have yet to spend any gold in the game). you get slightly higher statted gear and a great deal more difficult a time.
  • pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nobody picked this up in close beta, or it was ignored.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A similar issue happens in Champions Online - The theory is that you get more enemies to fight on teams, and the rate at which they are defeated is faster. The problem is that the rewards should be *more* than 5X, since there's extra effort required to get the team together and keep it going smoothly. Frankly, just making the drops count once for each person, (instead of splitting it amongst the whole team), or simply adding a gold multiplier to all drops, (based on team size and difficulty level), would resolve this.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums