test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Where's the DND>

propagandawar23propagandawar23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
So I'm playing this game and where's the Weapons? No staves for wizards no maces, spears, bows, axes. Oh I hear there are some axe drops, but this isnt DnD. I should be able to pick up a rusted axe for my poor deprived dwarf right out the gate. Hell its so "insert ftp game here" its silly. Also since when does a breast plate and scalemail look the same. Step it up. I have gone through 3 great swords and they all look identicle. You want me to pay for the other model make it available right there and say unlock model for x zen. This is stupid too of course. I see your making a gazillion bucks on $40.00 which is cool. Also give our mages real spell options too. I tried the control wizard. It's ice this ice that. shm. I would like to pick from my spells. I sure hope them rangers I hear about get a close range weapon and not just a bow.
Post edited by propagandawar23 on

Comments

• steampunkysteampunky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    h8DA74FE9
    Great Weapon Fighter tanks? Who are you kidding? Cleric tanks. They draw -all- the aggro.
  • rhorgerhorge Member Posts: 24
    edited May 2013
    D&D is in the title. The rest is MMO.
  • wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So I'm playing this game and where's the Weapons? No staves for wizards no maces, spears, bows, axes. Oh I hear there are some axe drops, but this isnt DnD. I should be able to pick up a rusted axe for my poor deprived dwarf right out the gate. Hell its so "insert ftp game here" its silly. Also since when does a breast plate and scalemail look the same. Step it up. I have gone through 3 great swords and they all look identicle. You want me to pay for the other model make it available right there and say unlock model for x zen. This is stupid too of course. I see your making a gazillion bucks on $40.00 which is cool. Also give our mages real spell options too. I tried the control wizard. It's ice this ice that. shm. I would like to pick from my spells. I sure hope them rangers I hear about get a close range weapon and not just a bow.

I'm guessing they will probably just stick with dividing the classes into separate builds with limited weapon choices. You might get a Battlemage/Sword Dancer in the future, and you're bound to get to choose between a Dual-wielding or Archer Ranger, but that's about it. I know, I'm disappointed as well, but I can live with it for now, I guess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thecrowleythecrowley Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think it's fine for now... I'm quite sure they have big plans, especially with the archclasses.
  • wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm looking forward to a Sword Mage class, and also looking forward to the Razorclaw Shifter race and Druid class. Though it could be a year or two before they even start to work on those with all the other classes missing like Warlock, Sorcerer, and Ranger.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If you're looking for D&D you should be playing DDO. This game is name recognition F2P MMO.

If you guys are seriously waiting for more than six classes, you're going to need to play quite some time I think. With this game being as EZ mode as it is, I don't know how many people will make it that long.

As if people needed more reasons to not play a GWF.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • drshevek007drshevek007 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have to agree. This game has a surprising lack of customization. There should be different weapons with assorted threat ranges, damage ranges, damage types and uses. Players should want to try different armors with different builds. Etc etc.

This is really barebones.

Also, whats up with ONE paragon path available per class at launch? It should have been AT LEAST 2 per class like in the 4E PHB. Moreover, 5 classes and thats it? Man...
  • spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Hell, there isn't even a monk class now that I think about it. It's actually pretty surprising that it isn't included. I guess rogue is basically a monk in Neverwinter, the only real difference would be weapon choice.

I'm guessing it will be available in six months for $30 as a skin option for the Rogue class. ^_-
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC