test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hey Cryptic why is this a beta and you make us pay to respec?

ceonnynceonnyn Member Posts: 28 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
What's the logic in that?

There's broken feats that aren't being fixed, but if we want to change to a working feat, we gotta PAY money to do it.

To be honest, this is a reprehensible strategy. I understand your wanting to make money and I have MORE than supported you as a company. I've given you $350 which is more than 2 years worth if this were a subscription game.

However, you decided to call this a BETA, not a full launch. You have NO excuse to gouge your players for <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like broken feats and then watch us pay money to spec out of them.

Either fix the stinking feats or give us free respecs / feat resets.

In fact why don't you just allow free respecs/feats during the remainder of beta, so that the broken ones can get fixed and you don't get <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> posts like mine. I know I'd be happier. I bet you all would too.
Post edited by ceonnyn on

Comments

• Options
    cronabbcronabb Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Most likely because it's a **** game.
    You get better rewards from bugged and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> foundry quests, and yes, you have to pay RL money to respecc.
    Fail MMO is fail, not much you can do about it. That's how it goes these years.
  • Options
    pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    cronabb wrote: »
    You get better rewards from bugged and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> foundry quests, and yes, you have to pay RL money to respecc.
    Just go back to your crappy board games cause at making MMOs you ****in fail.

Cryptic and PWE make board games too? Which ones?
  • Options
    silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Feats don't require respec tokens. You can redo your feats with just Astral Diamonds...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Well I don't agree about Cryptic making bad games; I've played Champions Online for years and they at least had a mechanism in place to handle issues like this.

However here we have not only
    1) No post stating which powers & feats are broken and not working properly &
    2) A morally unsound method of handling respecs during this beta which more or less slaps the player in the face
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fail MMO is fail, not much you can do about it. That's how it goes these years.

Yet you still lurk the forums...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Feats don't require respec tokens. You can redo your feats with just Astral Diamonds...

90,000, sorry, is my cost (edit) but that doesn't include a powers respec. Which costs 600 ZEN.

Astral Diamonds are one step removed from ZEN, but they are still in fact real money.

Respeccing my feats does nothing if I still gotta pay ZEN to get my powers fixed to match what my feats are.
  • Options
    cronabbcronabb Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yet you still lurk the forums...

maybe because I just realized it, you ****tard?
    I'm not a D&D nerd like you, I tried the game for a couple of days and yeah, if you can't realize it's a **** MMO, maybe you shold go back to board games too.
  • Options
    grandarugagrandaruga Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I spent all my diamonds to respec then found out that I can't get my heroic feats back which makes respecing useless for my great weapons fighter. I need those defensive feats or this character is useless. Nowhere did I see that I could no longer get my heroic feats, and in fact respecing was incredibly vague.

I was about to spend 60 dollars on this game to get the founders pack but now that I can't get my defensive heroic feats skills I just want to quit. What's the point of a respec if you're going to lock people out of an entire tier?

I don't agree with the original poster and I get why it costs money, it's an important system but at least the game should clearly layout these systems. I'm probably going to end up quitting soon because this character is useless now and I don't have the patience to start a new character now. I'm in a bug queue that is 1.5 million long, by the time they get to me I will have probably quit. This is the most frustrating thing to have ruined a character and not be able to fix it. I will put in the work on this character and spend money in diamonds to fix it but I will not start over completely. I refuse to start over completely on a new character.
  • Options
    pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm not a D&D nerd like you, I tried the game for a couple of days and yeah, if you can't realize it's a **** MMO, maybe you shold go back to board games too.

Why are board games such a bad thing to you? Have you never tried Castle Panic? Pandemic? Last Night on Earth?

I enjoy this MMO thank you very much, I dont find the need to ***** about something that I dont need to pay for.
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OK let me explain this to you . No wipes , this is a soft launch .
    They dumbed down the game for this phase , obviously not enough . Its why each class only has one paragon path , to keep all the GF tanks ect .
    Its F2P and their cash model is different then I have encountered before . I really like it . The entire game is actually FREE . No fee to get more levels , to do dungeons , to use mail ect . You can do the whole game without paying a cent . All their money will be generated on convenience . its convenient for you to respect and not roll a new toon . long ago you couldn't respect in MMO's , heck you had just one toon . Now days people change specs like mad .
    When the wave of ' new game ' people leave and we go down to one server this game will flush out and be even more epic . if you don't like this game now it wont get better for you . it will get more complex not easier .
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Wow, why are you so mad? Maybe you should take a nap. Helps my son when he gets cranky.
  • Options
    xkws3xxkws3x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you OP. /agree.

To all the people shouting "This is not a release, it's beta!" stop it. This is a perfect demonstration of how much of a "test environment" this game is in. "Thank you for testing our game! Oh you found something wrong with it? Yeah...pay us."
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    grandaruga wrote: »
    I spent all my diamonds to respec then found out that I can't get my heroic feats back which makes respecing useless for my great weapons fighter. I need those defensive feats or this character is useless. Nowhere did I see that I could no longer get my heroic feats, and in fact respecing was incredibly vague.

I was about to spend 60 dollars on this game to get the founders pack but now that I can't get my defensive heroic feats skills I just want to quit. What's the point of a respec if you're going to lock people out of an entire tier?

I don't agree with the original poster and I get why it costs money, it's an important system but at least the game should clearly layout these systems. I'm probably going to end up quitting soon because this character is useless now and I don't have the patience to start a new character now. I'm in a bug queue that is 1.5 million long, by the time they get to me I will have probably quit. This is the most frustrating thing to have ruined a character and not be able to fix it. I will put in the work on this character and spend money in diamonds to fix it but I will not start over completely. I refuse to start over completely on a new character.

Guardian Fighter has a broken heroic feat as well.

I did not know the respec will not affect those.

I disagree about them charging money for respecs. While there are broken feats, charging the customer to spec out of them is not honorable.
  • Options
    stonedbillstonedbill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    labbb wrote: »
    OK let me explain this to you . No wipes , this is a soft launch .
    They dumbed down the game for this phase , obviously not enough . Its why each class only has one paragon path , to keep all the GF tanks ect .
    Its F2P and their cash model is different then I have encountered before . I really like it . The entire game is actually FREE . No fee to get more levels , to do dungeons , to use mail ect . You can do the whole game without paying a cent . All their money will be generated on convenience . its convenient for you to respect and not roll a new toon . long ago you couldn't respect in MMO's , heck you had just one toon . Now days people change specs like mad .
    When the wave of ' new game ' people leave and we go down to one server this game will flush out and be even more epic . if you don't like this game now it wont get better for you . it will get more complex not easier .

This isn't UO anymore buddy, we need respecs because the trees are ****ed, and builds are a lot more complex in MMO's these days. Stop your justifying for a horrible implementation of cash grabbing.
    1ovlbg9.png

Smoke@stonedbill - Mindflayer - 60 Rogue
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    xkws3x wrote: »
    Thank you OP. /agree.

To all the people shouting "This is not a release, it's beta!" stop it. This is a perfect demonstration of how much of a "test environment" this game is in. "Thank you for testing our game! Oh you found something wrong with it? Yeah...pay us."

Exactly. That is my point.

If there are broken features during the beta, it is not ethical to charge the customer to try to work around it.

I mean hell guys, what if every time you queued up for a dungeon, and unless you had 500,000 astral diamonds in your bank you were kicked out due to a bug, do you think having to spend money to buy ZEN and then selling zen for diamonds is legit?

I think it sucks. And thats what some of us are dealing with.
  • Options
    lucidp2klucidp2k Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

How I envision this person:

nerdrage.jpg
    gwhEUci.png
    Spend less time complaining about shop prices and more time improving your salary.
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Would you mind explaining this? I'm not sure if you mean that you can't respec the heroic tier feats but only the paragon ones, or if the heroic ones simply go away.

Thanks.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    Would you mind explaining this? I'm not sure if you mean that you can't respec the heroic tier feats but only the paragon ones, or if the heroic ones simply go away.

Thanks.

When I respeced, it allows me to put as many points in heroic feats as I put in to it previously. When I reach a certain threshold it locks the rest of the feats out and only allows me to put them in paragon.

I believe the system is called enlightening, when you go to the paragon tree. I need defensive skills as a Guardian fighter.

I saw nowhere where this was explained to me and it's incredibly frustrating.
  • Options
    maebeknotmaebeknot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When I respeced, it allows me to put as many points in heroic feats as I put in to it previously. When I reach a certain threshold it locks the rest of the feats out and only allows me to put them in paragon.

I believe the system is called enlightening, when you go to the paragon tree. I need defensive skills as a Guardian fighter.

I saw nowhere where this was explained to me and it's incredibly frustrating.

A lot of QQ. Yeah it sucks you can only put so much in heroic and then are forced to use the rest of feats in paragon. Yeah it sucks that it does not explain this anywhere. But this is how the game was designed. If these defense feats were so important why didn't you pick them up? If you don't want to spend AD on the (the thing you get in the game for free when you just play the game) respec then just use tanky gear.

The point of only so many points being spent in heroic and the rest in paragon is to force you to pick what is best for your character and not just grab all the points. This also makes the humans getting extra heroic feats more appealing.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    maebeknot wrote: »
    A lot of QQ. Yeah it sucks you can only put so much in heroic and then are forced to use the rest of feats in paragon. Yeah it sucks that it does not explain this anywhere. But this is how the game was designed. If these defense feats were so important why didn't you pick them up? If you don't want to spend AD on the (the thing you get in the game for free when you just play the game) respec then just use tanky gear.

The point of only so many points being spent in heroic and the rest in paragon is to force you to pick what is best for your character and not just grab all the points. This also makes the humans getting extra heroic feats more appealing.

No you can fill out as many points as you want in the heroic feats. I just enlightened which only allows me to put as many points into it as I did when I first enlightened. I've seen people with maxed out heroic trees.
  • Options
    crasharrcrasharr Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maebeknot wrote: »

But to your best knowledge, what is the purpose of running closed alpha, beta and open beta stages in a games birth? Surely it must be to make sure it will be all speck and span for the official launch, get all the bugs worked out, make sure server stability is where it needs to be, game-play is properly balanced etc. We are beta players helping them by stress testing their product before they launch it. Having to pay to help them polish their product before launch is like expecting the cabby to pay you for having brought you home!

Having to pay for respecs is just fundamentally wrong!
  • Options
    kaasdoekkaasdoek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    worst part is. For example i am a CW. And i am now level 33. I sometimes take an ability because the description sounds useful. Then i find out it does no damage (for example the stormfury passive at level 30).

So i either pay 6 euro or am stuck with it.
  • Options
    kaasdoekkaasdoek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No you can fill out as many points as you want in the heroic feats. I just enlightened which only allows me to put as many points into it as I did when I first enlightened. I've seen people with maxed out heroic trees.

How? i can't have more than 20 heroic points atm.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kaasdoek wrote: »
    How? i can't have more than 20 heroic points atm.

I saw a guy streaming today that had a teethling mage with his entire heroic skill tree maxed out.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hey Cryptic is there going to be any response to this or should I keep posting?

BTW I'd use the ticket system but it appears to be not working. http://www.perfectworld.com/supportredirect fails every time I try to go to it, from either IE or Firefox.

Also the ticket in game says they will email me or put something on the support portal but I have no email from support either on this.