test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ah, once more, the lovely Rubberbanding.

kyileenkyileen Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
As the title says, Rubberbanding.

A few days ago, I got great help from another forumuser who gave me the advice to do a few changes under the options on the launcher. I did as he said, and surprise, the magical rubberband was gone. Ofcourse there is lag here and there, but I do expect as much with Beta and all.

What I did not expect however, is how that magical Rubberband which always loved to pull me back, and even seeming to make me invisible to the server itself and thus marking me afk and finally kicking me out, is back again.

So, anyone else who have befriended this magical Rubberband that loves to yoink you back silly? Or perhaps anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix this?
Post edited by kyileen on

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Wow, in five minutes, about 10 posts went past this one. The forum is on fire! Fetch the hose! Aaah!!
  • Options
    floredonfloredon Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    im guessing you don't live in the US? do you not have a broadband internet connection? are you playing on a wifi network?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Europe, broadband connection, fiberthingy tucked into the wall that makes net go zoom! And the PC is kinda brand new aswell. As I said above, those changes in options on the launcher did fix it last time, and I have not changed anything since. Now my wee lil cleric plays reversed bungee wherever she tries to go.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I've only heard negative things about people playing in Europe regarding their connection to the Neverwinter servers. Sorry, until they figure something out you might have to deal with it. Have you put in a ticket?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I posted a ticket once, I did. But the reply made me think I was talking to a machine. Maybe I did. Technically. Perhaps they do have one of those auto reply thingies. But I guess you do have a point. Sit back, relax, let the game run for another two weeks and hope they find the little goblin that causes this. Not that I have anything against goblins. They can be kinda cute. Depending which goblin, ofcourse.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    well, if you haven't read this thread, I highly recommend it: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?161081-Pro-Tips-on-Diagnosing-Lag-and-Rubberbanding
    And yes, I agree some goblins can be cute, and they are certainly cuter in some other games...
This discussion has been closed.