test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[HOW TO] Unbind Companions

nomad1506nomad1506 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
Hello all,

I don't think unbinding companions has been made very clear within the game. Incase you have no idea what this feature is, it allows you to trade and sell companions to other players / characters. It is actually quite simple once you are told for the first time :p

1. Make your companion idle
2. Drag the idle companion onto your bag/inventory
3. Pay the AD fee.

Simple, but not advertised.

Enjoy
Post edited by nomad1506 on

Comments

• kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited April 2013
    Nice info thanks!
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    nomad1506 wrote: »
    Hello all,

I don't think unbinding companions has been made very clear within the game. Incase you have no idea what this feature is, it allows you to trade and sell companions to other players / characters. It is actually quite simple once you are told for the first time :p

3. Pay the AD fee.

Enjoy

They must have hotfixed this in today. Yesterday morning it was still not working.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • netrilusnetrilus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 148
    edited May 2013
    I also cannot unbind my companion. It asks me for AD but nothing happens. Help anyone!!!!
  • boggler1234boggler1234 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Confirmed as still not working. Just tried it.
  • classicnemesisclassicnemesis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still broken today,I tried it nothing happened,the companion just sits in the idle companion slot and will not move.
  • bookworm718bookworm718 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Broken still; I can't unbind my companion for the AD cost.
  • nbvoeinnbvoein Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    here we are at live date and it still isnt working....
  • kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    nomad1506 wrote: »
    Hello all,

3. Pay the AD fee.

Enjoy

Nope. still not working at all...
  • johnfelljohnfell Banned Users Posts: 408 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    nbvoein wrote: »
    here we are at live date and it still isnt working....

Of course not. A coding to allow you to simply unbind the companions would mean people would buy less Zen companions/stuff. And we can't have that, now can we? I suspect alot of delays and some of the features they actually implement are due to an in absurdum profit driven mindset.
    Companions have AI to aid you, you can equip them and remove stuff, you can bind them, summon and dismiss them, you can make them idle... yet not unbind them? "Odd..." And companion training tomes to allow higher level is equally bad to not have in the game - Im not a game programmer but it should be a matter of simply scaling their stats for more levels, with some balance tweaks. But hey, then people would buy less zen/AD companions that have a higher level cap...

Strange wich things seem to take so much time adding...